MJ-Palooza!

nibblesandbits

maggiegrace1 said:
Thats strange..so what do you do about that?
um, I make a phone call and complain that I have completed my classes...then make another phone call and tell them that they need to remedy the situation and fast.

Nemo14

nibblesandbits said:
God my college is stupid! Arrgh! They sent me this letter telling me that I had a graduation deficiency and that I still had 3 credit hours left to go when I KNOW I didn't. :brick:
Don't feel bad... when I started college I got 6 credits for Freshman math without taking it because my SAT's were so good. I went on (as a math major) to Calculus and aced it first semester.
Fast forward 4 years later - As we are lined up for graduation rehearsal, I get pulled out of line and told that I can't graduate because I didn't take (you guessed it) Freshman Math. Furthermore, the person who had granted me the credits was on Sabbatical and was somewhere in the West Indies or something. I had to call home and have my mother find my copy of the original letter and drive it up to me to prove to them that I could graduate.
Fun times.....

maggiegrace1

nibblesandbits said:
um, I make a phone call and complain that I have completed my classes...then make another phone call and tell them that they need to remedy the situation and fast.
That stinks Nibbs...:( Im sorry...Hope it gets fixed soon..

nibblesandbits

Nemo14 said:
Don't feel bad... when I started college I got 6 credits for Freshman math without taking it because my SAT's were so good. I went on (as a math major) to Calculus and aced it first semester.
Fast forward 4 years later - As we are lined up for graduation rehearsal, I get pulled out of line and told that I can't graduate because I didn't take (you guessed it) Freshman Math. Furthermore, the person who had granted me the credits was on Sabbatical and was somewhere in the West Indies or something. I had to call home and have my mother find my copy of the original letter and drive it up to me to prove to them that I could graduate.
Fun times.....
ooh...that's worse...definitely.

My friend had something like that happen to her. She had taken this class where apparently all the did was watch movies (now this was a school for the arts...she was a theater major...so the class made sense)...but apparently somebody complained about the class, the teacher got fired, and on the day of graduation, my friend was taken aside and told that she still had to take 3 more credits since the class was no longer going to be accepted. Now that would tick me off a lot!

Nemo14

nibblesandbits said:

My friend had something like that happen to her. She had taken this class where apparently all the did was watch movies (now this was a school for the arts...she was a theater major...so the class made sense)...but apparently somebody complained about the class, the teacher got fired, and on the day of graduation, my friend was taken aside and told that she still had to take 3 more credits since the class was no longer going to be accepted. Now that would tick me off a lot!
My friend's son had that happen to him last year, but by changing his major, he had more than enough credits. Go figure?!!

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Fun times.....

Nibblies said:

My friend had something like that happen to her. She had taken this class where apparently all the did was watch movies (now this was a school for the arts...she was a theater major...so the class made sense)...but apparently somebody complained about the class, the teacher got fired, and on the day of graduation, my friend was taken aside and told that she still had to take 3 more credits since the class was no longer going to be accepted. Now that would tick me off a lot!...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Not at that late stage of the game. Deal with it after the ceremony, already!

My daughter also got a letter just before graduation telling her she didn't have enough credits. After she picked herself up off the floor a few phone calls fixed everything, but come on people, do your jobs properly!!!!!!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:

My daughter also got a letter just before graduation telling her she didn't have enough credits. After she picked herself up off the floor a few phone calls fixed everything, but come on people, do your jobs properly!!!!!!
The more people you talk to about it, the more you realize how common a mistake it is too. I find that pretty frightening.

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:

exactly...it's like what have you been doing the entire time I've been here? I think they like to wait until graduation to spring these types of things on people...like hahaha...we got one over on ya...

Nemo14

I just got invited to join my DH and his coworkers at Chile's for "refreshments", so I think I'll take him up on it. Hopefully, I'll be back on later (if the thread isn't filled up by then!)

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I just got invited to join my DH and his coworkers at Chile's for "refreshments", so I think I'll take him up on it. Hopefully, I'll be back on later (if the thread isn't filled up by then!)

Oh-oh! :lookaroun
Try to stay off the tables this time, okay?
:wave:

nibblesandbits

Nemo14 said:
Fun!!!

Oh and Hi Dan!!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom