MJ-Palooza!

jesserin

Uponastar said:
I'm a minute's walk away from the riverfront!
I love it here!

well... i'm on an inlet... but it's only about 30 feet across... big enough to lose my husband and our boat in for hours at a time ;) but not quite big enough to be considered waterfront... LOL! :) I can't wait until we get our new house... we'll have the best of both worlds soon! :kiss:

lunalovegoddess

:wave: Hey Bonny! :kiss: for the princess...

Thanks for including us in your mouse-tinerary on Sat. We had a great time with all of you. Bryanna was very thoughtful after your conversation, and had a lot of interesting things to say. It helped her to see that there are a lot of children and adults who have food allergies and medical problems, and it put things into perspective for her. MJ's feeding tube does not gross her out. She seemed curious and a little sad that MJ cannot do things that most children her age can do, and said that she can't imagine someone not wanting a little girl just because she is not their idea of a perfect child.
The gist of it being that she thinks you and Andrew are MJ's angels, and she would be right!
Aidan said that the next time we meet up, he will be her knight (he's quite taken with King Arthur and medieval things lately). That way he "can make sure stupid people keep out of the way of the wheelchairs and don't bump her, or make her uncomfortable".
We all got a kick out of MJ making us duck down on the Jungle Cruise and watching how excited she was in general. All in all, we had a lovely time meeting your family, especially Paul.

It was a good thing that I stopped for water when I did. I had been more dehydrated than I'd realized. I had been feeling a little lightheaded, but had not really thought about it until it turned into dizziness. After we left you, we took the kids on Carousel of Progress and grabbed drinks on the way home. I felt so much better once I got inside someplace cool. I got a touch of sunburn on my forehead, but really not bad considering that we had been at the park since opening. So, rest assured: we did not leave you because of anything MJ did, okay? A little fussiness in the afternoon is not going to scare us off. Got it? Good.
We love you all.

lunalovegoddess

PS... we'll really have to continue our threads of conversation at some point. I'm really interested in the medical side of things to begin with, and it helped refresh my memory. (Believe it or not, I had wanted to major in pre-med at one point.) I have taken a medical transcription course, so don't worry about boring me with long words or medical jargon. *wink*

Uponastar

nibblesandbits said:
Ok...here are pics!!! Not sure why some of them are blurry...oh well...you get the gist.

A long view of my dress
n37705100_30463517_6918.jpg
A
close up of my dress

n37705100_30463515_5921.jpg

close up of beadwork

n37705100_30463516_7031.jpg

Oh my gosh, Nibblies!
To me, there's no doubt you made the right choice!
The other dress is so pretty, and no doubt you'd be gorgeous in it. . .
But this one is more of a wedding dress and so right for your little frame.
It's perfect for a beach wedding! Not too froo-froo. Just right!

talkinghands

MommytoMJM said:
I make my bed every morning without fail.....
Never make my bed. Just fold up the blankie. But then I never sleep under sheets as I can't stand the feel of them. Sleep in a knit bottom fitted sheet and fleece blankies. Love them. HAve to make MJ a blankie and pillow for her wheelchair and for her bed. The one for the wheelchair has to be measured to size.

Uponastar

MommytoMJM said:
Ummm, I hate to mention it, but we're 5 days into hurricane season.....:eek:

I know.
But it hasn't gotten into high gear yet.
August and September . . .and now even October into November!
Who knows what they'll bring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom