Uponastar

Connor002 said:
Hmm...

There's this:
8667f.jpg

Ah yes!
It approaches! :lookaroun
Do you have all your gear yet?
Connor, if you wear a cowboy hat, we need to have a picture.
Even if just from the back.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Wow, Betty, good for her!
She's pretty amazing. MIL, on the other hand, is a different story. She's 87 and has one goal in life - to live to 100. Ever since FIL died (12 years ago) she has done nothing but sit in front of a TV to the point where now she cannot even walk by herself.

Connor002

Uponastar said:
Apparently that's what a lot of old people think! :lol:
I hope to always make sense, and always be kind.
I hope to use old age as an excuse for saying what I want, when I want, and to who I want. :lookaroun

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
She's pretty amazing. MIL, on the other hand, is a different story. She's 87 and has one goal in life - to live to 100. Ever since FIL died (12 years ago) she has done nothing but sit in front of a TV to the point where now she cannot even walk by herself.

That's not living.
My mom's been pretty much like that my whole life.
It's sad.
She's missed so much and doesn't even realize it.

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:
Yay for grandma! :sohappy:

My mom. . .
It's a long story, but she's 85 and has missed her entire life.
Really, she hasn't lived.
I was always her mother more than she was mine.
I guess that's one reason I refuse to think old.
I don't want to be like her.
So far, so good! :)
My grandma was a bit of the same way. She lived with my grandpa for 50 years and for probably the last 20 they really didn't do much. My grandpa would get up at 5:00 a.m., do the things he needed to do for the day, wait until my grandma got up at around 9:00 a.m. and then they would come over to our house around 1:00 p.m. Stay over here for about 20-30 minutes or so and then leave and spend the rest of the day in the house. She would stay at home and watch tv and grandpa would fall asleep on the floor around 7:00 (after grandma had cooked dinner...and it was always a feast of a dinner...she didn't do it small) and then at around 10:00 he would get up, claiming the TV was keeping him up and go to bed. Then grandma would go to bed around 1:00-2:00 a.m.

When my grandpa died a few years ago, my grandma actually got to go out and do things again. In a way it was like she was in a prison...only allowed to go out at certain times. She didn't drive at the time b/c grandpa did, so she didn't go anywhere by herself.

Now she at least drives to the store. She hadn't been out at night in years. And she's never been out of the country. She'll be 86 this August and she is the youngest 86 year old I know. Yeah, she looks a little feeble, but she is still just as amazing as ever.

Connor002

Uponastar said:
Ah yes!
It approaches! :lookaroun
Do you have all your gear yet?
Connor, if you wear a cowboy hat, we need to have a picture.
Even if just from the back.
I don't have a cowboy hat...
Although there is an Indy hat hanging on the wall behind me.

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
I don't have a cowboy hat...
Although there is an Indy hat hanging on the wall behind me.

You might need something bigger. . .
You should find out.
You wouldn't want to look out of place on a cattle drive. :lookaroun

Uponastar

nibblesandbits said:
My grandma was a bit of the same way. She lived with my grandpa for 50 years and for probably the last 20 they really didn't do much. My grandpa would get up at 5:00 a.m., do the things he needed to do for the day, wait until my grandma got up at around 9:00 a.m. and then they would come over to our house around 1:00 p.m. Stay over here for about 20-30 minutes or so and then leave and spend the rest of the day in the house. She would stay at home and watch tv and grandpa would fall asleep on the floor around 7:00 (after grandma had cooked dinner...and it was always a feast of a dinner...she didn't do it small) and then at around 10:00 he would get up, claiming the TV was keeping him up and go to bed. Then grandma would go to bed around 1:00-2:00 a.m.

When my grandpa died a few years ago, my grandma actually got to go out and do things again. In a way it was like she was in a prison...only allowed to go out at certain times. She didn't drive at the time b/c grandpa did, so she didn't go anywhere by herself.

Now she at least drives to the store. She hadn't been out at night in years. And she's never been out of the country. She'll be 86 this August and she is the youngest 86 year old I know. Yeah, she looks a little feeble, but she is still just as amazing as ever.

You must be proud of her. It couldn't be easy for her to change habits that late in the game.

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:
You must be proud of her. It couldn't be easy for her to change habits that late in the game.
I think she was raring to change her habits. My grandpa kind of kept her caged in and she was tired of that. When he died, she said something like "I know this is horrible, but I feel free." And she's been free ever since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom