Mj 2.0!

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Jess!
Are you here?
I was going to PM you to make sure you were okay!
It's been so long since we talked to you!

Hi Lizzy!
Great minds think alike Dot (I PM'd her this afternoon for exactly that reason!)

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Great minds think alike Dot (I PM'd her this afternoon for exactly that reason!)

Sometimes I think we're twins separated at birth, Betty!
I can't tell you how many times you post something just before I was about to post the same thing!

jesserin

Uponastar said:
Jess!
Are you here?
I was going to PM you to make sure you were okay!
It's been so long since we talked to you!

Hi Lizzy!

Hey Dot - I am here, sore and hungry :lol: j/k - but here... Hope you are doing well! I've missed y'all - Lizzy says hi (well screams AHHH) but it's all the same these days... ;)

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Sometimes I think we're twins separated at birth, Betty!
I can't tell you how many times you post something just before I was about to post the same thing!
It's an old lady thing I guess!

Uponastar

Last night was Lauren's (dd#1, whom I have decided to name) engagement party. It was one of the nicest times I ever had. :)
Lauren was so happy, she was beaming.
I was weepy all evening.
What choked me up the most was watching her younger sister (Stacey).
She was just so happy for her sister!
At one point she said to me, "Look at her, Mom, just look at her. She's happier than she's ever been in her life and he made her that way! God I love him."
She was just so genuinely happy for her sister!
It was a night I'll never forget!

I just read over my post.

:lookaroun

What can I say.
One of the perks of motherhood is getting to gloat about your kids. :)

Nemo14

Actually Dot (or Connor), DH and I are planning to meet up with an old college friend in Philly the week after Easter. DH is pretty familiar with the outskirts of Philly - he has cousins in Broomall and Newtown Square -, but other than the Liberty Bell and the Franklin Institute, we haven't toured much of Philly itself. Our friend's teenage autistic son will probably be joining us there too. Is there any place you'd recommend us seeing with him? (He's really into planes, ships, science fiction, and karate if that's any help.)

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Last night was Lauren's (dd#1, whom I have decided to name) engagement party. It was one of the nicest times I ever had. :)
I was weepy all evening.
At one point she said to me, "Look at her, Mom, just look at her. She's happier than she's ever been in her life and he made her that way! God I love him."

What can I say.
I got weepy just reading about it!

figmentmom

barnum42 said:
Hello - back from another trip over The Bridge. I miss anything?

One bit of news - the GF and I took a trip to the Cardiff dog pound. She has long wanted a dog, but bred puppies are just too expensive. Also for a number of reasons she can't have too big a dog.

We found a very nice little year old Jack Russell cross with longer scruffy hair. She took to us and Sue wanted to take her home. The dog has to be checked by the vet before they release her, which should be on Monday or Tuesday.

We headed past a pet superstore and stocked up on the doggy essentials. She had a silly grin keep cropping up on her face the rest of Saturday and throughout Sunday. I don't know how but in the pitch back of Saturday night I could hear her grinning. :D

Jack Russells are GREAT dogs!!! Let us know how it works out! :sohappy:

jesserin

that is so awsome Dot!!! what a crazy thought that is... Lizzy getting married... OMG... you are going to have so much fun these next few months... my mom and I got so much closer during my engagement! This will be a wonderful and exciting time for you - enjoy it!

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
Actually Dot (or Connor), DH and I are planning to meet up with an old college friend in Philly the week after Easter. DH is pretty familiar with the outskirts of Philly - he has cousins in Broomall and Newtown Square -, but other than the Liberty Bell and the Franklin Institute, we haven't toured much of Philly itself. Our friend's teenage autistic son will probably be joining us there too. Is there any place you'd recommend us seeing with him? (He's really into planes, ships, science fiction, and karate if that's any help.)

Definitely the Franklin Institute.
http://sln.fi.edu/
It's a science museum and so much more, located in Center City Philadelphia.

I also strong recommend the new National Constitution Center.
http://www.constitutioncenter.org/
Haven't been there myself yet, but it is amazing.

Here's a map of the historic district:
http://www.ushistory.org/tour/philmap.html

Hope that helps!

figmentmom

Uponastar said:
I was weepy all evening.

What can I say.

Dot - it is, indeed!!! Planning Sara's wedding with her - she and Jason married last April 9th - was one of the best times of my life (so far, anyway! :lol: )

Oh, and Dot - and Betty, you, too - I think we are *ahem* about the same age. (Practically perfect ;) )

Nemo14

Uponastar

jesserin said:
that is so awsome Dot!!! what a crazy thought that is... Lizzy getting married... OMG... you are going to have so much fun these next few months... my mom and I got so much closer during my engagement! This will be a wonderful and exciting time for you - enjoy it!

Thank you, Jess! :)
One word of warning:
Lizzy will not stay little long.
In the blink of an eye you'll be planning her wedding.
I'm not kidding. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom