Mj 2.0!

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
I wander in and we're talking crafts again! :sohappy:

Finished up the baby blanket and little lamb I was making for a member here...they arrived before the baby...and now I'm finishing up a crocheted sweatshirt style sweater for the Lil'Mermaid.

Bonny, you promised you would get started! :lol:

I sorted the projects, I have started finishing her matching baby blannket and sorted the yarn and beads for my year of scrunchie projects!

tigsmom

DisneyBunny said:
I did it! I managed to read all 700+ posts before drawing up the courage to say hi. (pant... pant...)

"Hi!" :wave:

Hope you all don't mind a newbie to the Chit Chat section intruding on your conversations. I've been lurking for years, but am just now getting around to posting on this section. How do you all manage to post so much? I just spent all morning catching up, when I should have been working ... don't tell my boss. :lookaroun

Anyone want to breif me on Chit Chat ettiquite? Like what the hey are "juggles?" I get huggles, but I'm a wee bit clueless on that one.

Even though this is Bonny's thread I'll go ahead and say "WELCOME!" :wave:

Bonny started these threads to keep us up to date on her little angel MJ. (you can read her blog). All of her friends hang out here when they can.

Some of us are stay at home moms, others post from work when they can and still others post after school and when they should really be doing their homework. (you guys know who you are!)

Etiquette here is the same as the rest of the boards, but the subjects can be just about anything. We hang out here with our friends, commiserate and share news. There are some games out there to play also, just jump in and get involved! :wave:

joanna71985

tigsmom said:
Even though this is Bonny's thread I'll go ahead and say "WELCOME!" :wave:

Bonny started these threads to keep us up to date on her little angel MJ. (you can read her blog). All of her friends hang out here when they can.

Some of us are stay at home moms, others post from work when they can and still others post after school and when they should really be doing their homework. (you guys know who you are!)

Etiquette here is the same as the rest of the boards, but the subjects can be just about anything. We hang out here with our friends, commiserate and share news. There are some games out there to play also, just jump in and get involved! :wave:

Heehee!:lol: Guilty as charged!:D Welcome to MJ 2.0 DisneyBunny!:wave: It's nice to have you over here.

DisneyBunny

Thanks! I've actualy been reading the blog for quite some time now, but just lurking. No commenting or anything like that. I'm a blog stalker. :D I finally figured I should bite the proverbial bullett and actually come out into the open about it. You all seem like mostly nice people :lookaroun I just don't want to get jumped all over like some people do on those other boards.

So, yeah, I'm really going to pay for having spent all morning reading posts, instead of working, but it's Friday. I've got all weekend before it catches up with me.

Those of you who are SAHMs, I'm insanely jealous. We've got a few more years to save up for a kidlet. Until then, I'm stuck at work.

Thank you all for the welcome!

tigsmom

MommytoMJM said:
They are all of our threads now!!! So glad to have you all here! Thanks for helping us greet ,Mad!!!

No problem...thought you might have your hands full (and I hate to see somebody ignored - especially if they are new). Is MJ feeling any better?

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
Thanks! I've actualy been reading the blog for quite some time now, but just lurking. No commenting or anything like that. I'm a blog stalker. :D I finally figured I should bite the proverbial bullett and actually come out into the open about it. You all seem like mostly nice people :lookaroun I just don't want to get jumped all over like some people do on those other boards.

So, yeah, I'm really going to pay for having spent all morning reading posts, instead of working, but it's Friday. I've got all weekend before it catches up with me.

Those of you who are SAHMs, I'm insanely jealous. We've got a few more years to save up for a kidlet. Until then, I'm stuck at work.

Thank you all for the welcome!

Awww, thanks for reading and being here, we love new friends :) Everyone here are MJ's virtual Aunties and Uncles, some have met her in real life, some haven't (but I hope we will some day). ALL have been amazing and wonderfully supportive of us and I am very grateful to have them :) I am a SAHM, tho that wasn't the original plan. I will be homeschooling MJ starting next year. Pull up a chair and stick around....

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
tigsmom said:
No problem...thought you might have your hands full (and I hate to see somebody ignored - especially if they are new). Is MJ feeling any better?

Yeah, she is, we had a visit from MJ's Aunt Choo-Choo (Crystal) It is the first time she has been to the new apartment. We had a great time visiting and playing. :D

DisneyBunny

Homeschooling sounds like it should be fun, especially since you mentioned earlier ( don't ask me to quote you... 700+ posts tend to mush together in my mind) that you were using WDW as part of the curriculum. How are you going to go about that? Does the curriculum have to be certified, or approved by the state for it to count?

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
DisneyBunny said:
Homeschooling sounds like it should be fun, especially since you mentioned earlier ( don't ask me to quote you... 700+ posts tend to mush together in my mind) that you were using WDW as part of the curriculum. How are you going to go about that? Does the curriculum have to be certified, or approved by the state for it to count?

Hi there!

I am writing the curriculum myself, since MJ is devleopmentally around 2 it is very basic... I am not sure what grade she will get to, but it will be pretty basic. My first order of business is letters, numbers colors and shapes....I am using all of WDW as curriculum, I think she will be ableto learn everything with WDW...

tigsmom

MommytoMJM said:
Hi there!

I am writing the curriculum myself, since MJ is devleopmentally around 2 it is very basic... I am not sure what grade she will get to, but it will be pretty basic. My first order of business is letters, numbers colors and shapes....I am using all of WDW as curriculum, I think she will be ableto learn everything with WDW...

Thas such a great idea! There is so much on the web and in the stores that relate WDW & early childhood education. When Princess #2 was younger I made her a book using Minnie (her favorite) in different color dresses and hair bows to help her learn. I printed them out and we colored them together, then I bound them with a hair ribbon that looked like a rainbow. :D

Connor002

Uponastar said:
News:

The deed is done.
Darling Daughter #1 got engaged at midnight last night.
She didn't want to disturb her father and I last night so she called us first thing this morning with the news.
She did call her "little" sister last night and asked her to be her maid-of-honor.

:cry:

:)

:kiss:

Connor002

tigsmom said:
and still others post after school and when they should really be doing their homework. (you guys know who you are!)

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

figmentmom

Congratulations on your daughter's news, Dot! :sohappy: Look at it this way - you're not losing a daughter (because you NEVER lose daughters, thank God), you're gaining a son!

Still up to our necks in bathroom/kitchen reconstruction, but we're making progress. One day I hope to have running water in there again...:rolleyes:

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Juggles Mary and Connor, so nice to see you!

Mad, that is a great idea with the book, that is along the lines of what I was thinking..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom