Mj 2.0!

Uponastar

Betty, note my new sig by Franklin.
It directly relates to what we were talking about last night.
Interestingly, I had copied it down last week with the thought of adding it to my signature.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Interestingly, I had copied it down last week with the thought of adding it to my signature.
I love it!

DisneyBunny

Good morning!

Uponastar said:

I like it!

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
Still stove shopping, but I think we know what we want now. I had no idea how many choices we had to make! :brick:

I hear you. As long as it cooks, I'm happy. Actually, ours is approaching 20 years, and all the burners tilt. I can't make pancakes because they always puddle up in the back of the pan :cry:

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
I hear you. As long as it cooks, I'm happy. Actually, ours is approaching 20 years, and all the burners tilt. I can't make pancakes because they always puddle up in the back of the pan :cry:
That's the point ours is at! It came with our house (we've been here for 22 1/2 years and it wasn't exactly new then!)

I know I want the glass top - no more cleaning under the burners! I was leaning towards getting a convection oven, but I've pretty much talked myself out of that now. But every model has different features - different size burners, warmers, warming drawers, etc. After a while, it all gets so confusing!

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
That's the point ours is at! It came with our house (we've been here for 22 1/2 years and it wasn't exactly new then!)

I know I want the glass top - no more cleaning under the burners! I was leaning towards getting a convection oven, but I've pretty much talked myself out of that now. But every model has different features - different size burners, warmers, warming drawers, etc. After a while, it all gets so confusing!

When we remodeled my mom's kitchen, we had the same decision process... for everything! All of the appliances were ready to go, and we had to get a new dishwasher, fridge, sink, microwave, and stove.

She ended up with the glass top, which, while easy-ER to clean, it still is fussy and you end up scraping at it with this little tool and using special cleaner so it doesn't scratch. Oh, and she had to throw some of her older pots out since their bottoms didn't sit flush on the glass-top. But she loves it anyways! :lol:

As for convection - I don't think she's ever used it.

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
That's pretty much what I thought - it would be a novelty to get, but I'd probably never use it.

The salesperson wowed us with the speed! The ease! How cool! But when you actually come down to it, you have to really read through the manual throuroughly before you even *think* of using it, and by that time it's easier to just throw whatever in the regular oven.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Nemo14 said:
Just think Dot, 10 years from now, George and Dave will be driving busses through DisneyWorld and you and I will be dishing out DoleWhips! :sohappy:

Yay!!!

(Still catching up from last night....)

MJ started being puky last night during SpectroMagic (and continuing when we got home) from too much mucous soo we're back on extended feedings and no sleep...

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
Have you checked out the Consumer reports? That's where we got a lot of good info.
Yes - a friend of ours copied a bunch of stuff for us.
No word of a lie, I have a folder that's about 1/2 inch thick with information about stoves. DH insists on checking into every last detail - don't want to spend a penny more than necessary!

Nemo14

MommytoMJM said:
Yay!!!

(Still catching up from last night....)

MJ started being puky last night during SpectroMagic (and continuing when we got home) from too much mucous soo we're back on extended feedings and no sleep...
Good morning Bonny! Sorry MJ's still having a tough time!
Too much excitement lately?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom