Mj 2.0!

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Nemo14 said:
Sunday we have a fund-raiser brunch thing for the youth group at church, so I'll be in the kitchen most of the morning for that.

I need to find a church for us.... there aren't any of our denomination around :(

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Sounds busy.
This stove thing is really giving me a headache. He's printed out about 50 pages of information on-line, and sent me out scouting the local stores. I just want a stove that works. *sigh*

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
This stove thing is really giving me a headache. He's printed out about 50 pages of information on-line, and sent me out scouting the local stores. I just want a stove that works. *sigh*

Oh dear.
This is how George would do it:
*Walks into nearest appliance store.
Finds cheapest stove.
Says to me "This will do for now."
Pays for stove.*

We have more "This will do for now" stuff in our house than you'd ever believe.

EDIT:
Maybe I shouldn't say cheapest.
George isn't cheap.
Maybe he'd pick the second cheapest.

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
Oh dear.
Finds cheapest stove.
Pays for stove.*

EDIT:
George isn't cheap.
We totally renovated the kitchen out 14 years ago, but he didn't want to replace the stove then, since it was still working (never mind that it didn't match anything else and was at least 20 years old then!). Every year he promises that we'll replace it soon. It's got to the point that the burners wobble so much that you don't need to stir anymore, and it takes them forever to heat up (we've replaced all the burners at least once).

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
We totally renovated the kitchen out 14 years ago, but he didn't want to replace the stove then, since it was still working (never mind that it didn't match anything else and was at least 20 years old then!). Every year he promises that we'll replace it soon. It's got to the point that the burners wobble so much that you don't need to stir anymore, and it takes them forever to heat up (we've replaced all the burners at least once).

Now I'm thinking George and Dave are twins separated at birth.

:lookaroun

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
I don't know anything about ovens at all... we've always lived in rentals that had them. The stove in this apartment is new and the nicest I have ever had...

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Cute Kid moment:

MJ just had me swaddle her in the baby blanket I made for her and then had me swaddle Terk in the baby doll blanket I made for her... Gotta get the cord out and download the pics so everyone can see.

Nemo14

I definitely want the radiant burners, but yesterday I also saw one that has a convection oven that will automatically convert your recipe times and everything. It was pretty neat!

Nemo14

MommytoMJM said:
Cute Kid moment:

MJ just had me swaddle her in the baby blanket I made for her and then had me swaddle Terk in the baby doll blanket I made for her... Gotta get the cord out and download the pics so everyone can see.
When DS was little, he was the king of costumes. He also had a Cabbage Patch boy doll (don't ask!) that I had to make matching outfits for. They had StarTrek, Chefs, cowboys, you name it!

figmentmom

Uponastar said:
Oh dear.
Finds cheapest stove.
Pays for stove.*

EDIT:
George isn't cheap.

Dot, darlin', you are SINGING MY SONG...:rolleyes: Still up to our necks in plumbing hassles, and no end in sight, because DH is too stubborn (OK, and too cheap) to hire a professional. "This will do for now" is the first verse; "This will hold it for a little while" is the second.

Speaking of "still," I really don't feel all that much better yet. I need a week out of this mess! :mad:

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
More pics up at MJ's blog!

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.

BASH BASH BASH

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom