Mister Rogers passes away

WDWspider

The Land of Make-believe will never be quite the same again. Sad when the world loses such a descent person. :( Most of us grew up watching him at one time or another.

WDWFREAK53

It's a sad sad day...I think we should have a moment of silence followed by a ringing of the trolley...

Attachments

• mrrogers.jpg
    mrrogers.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 110

BRER STITCH

Last year Fred Rogers "officially" retired from making new episodes of his show. A really cool thing He insisted on when He taped his final show was that no mention of the retirement wouldbemade and that the show would end EXACTLY the same way every other show ended - with him singing the "Tomorrow" song and putting away his sweater and sneakers.

That way, his usual "See you tomorrow" would still be true for the children who tuned in via re-runs for years to come.

God Bless Mr. Rogers and thank you for all the memories!

:)

CrashNet

You know....i knew there would be a thread in here for Mister Rogers. I watched that show for years. It just shows how much older I have gotten, and how quickly time has passed. We'll miss you Mister Rogers! :(

Buford

I watch Mr. Rogers every day at 6 AM on PBS...he was a very inspiring man. And will be missed.

We love you, Mr. Rogers. God bless you!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Coronado

Fred was also an ordainded minister of the Gospel.... such a gentle and caring voice..... the kind of voice I hope to hear in the future..... "welcome my good and faithful servant....." or at least "welcome ......you barely made it...":)

darthdarrel

Like I said in the other thread about his passing,I never really was a fan of his,I was addicted to the electric company!:D
But it is so sad to hear of his passing!:(

Tramp

We lost a decent human being who favorably influenced the lives of millions of kids. That's a rare commodity on television these days. I hope he finds peace with God.:cry: We'll miss him.

DisneyPhD

Mr. Rodgers was a man I truely respected. So rare to find now a days. I remember after 911 he did a number of puplic service anouncments for parents and children helping them talk about the situation and how to explain it to children so they could understand, but not be scared. What a truely remarkable man.

He will me missed. We need more people like Mr. Rodgers in this world.

mwitkus

Both my sister and I were deeply saddened by the passing of Mr. Rogers, who was a wonderful "neighbor" to us for many years.

Also - a side note - my college Psych. professor attended a seminar that featured Mr. Rogers. He recalled in class that what you saw on the show, was the true man. From the gentle voice, to the peaceful and graceful way he carried himself. He was not just putting on a show for children when he was in front of the cameras. He was just being a kind and warm human being.

He will be very missed for many years to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom