Mission Space

The_CEO

Mission Space will only be lame if you belive it's lame. If the rider isn't into the experience and goes in there with a closed mind. They will not enjoy it.

speck76

I guess like anything at Disney, it requires some imagination. I enjoyed it.

I guess some ppl ( and I am not directing this to anyone specific) either don't like to use there imagination or they just look on the negative side of everything. One could go on Pirates of the Carib and see it as lame and unrealistic, or you can enjoy it and appreciate the design and technology...if nothing else.

You can't please everybody.

RnRCJohn

I think the mummy is better then M:S..I have been on it 3 times as a tester...it rocks. When you go to universal hit up the mummy first thing:D

John

speck76

I ahve been on both, and I like them both. I don't realy think you can compare the two, they are nothing alike.

They are both great...for different reasons.

I can't wait to go on Mummy after it is totally finished.

Chefjason1974

Originally posted by General Grizz
Mission Space is *not* intense. It's VERY, very lame.

Say goodbye to hype! ;)

Never mind grizz he/she has attachment issues to the past.
M.S. is the best ride in any park. i loved it the first time ly & i loved it 2 days ago.

Piebald

Originally posted by JesusJuice
I haven't been to WDW since '99 and I'm so excited to go on Mission Space. I was just wondering if it's as good as they have hyped it up to be....What is it like?

Ok , I don't consider myself a Disney Freak at all like some of the people here do (not that it's bad, I'm just not overly obsessed). I am a normal teen with hobbies and I just happen to enjoy Disney enough to post on a message board but not scrutinize every little detail,etc. With that said, I recently rode M:S and this is my opinion. The ride is GREAT. It's something so different and gives you such a weird feeling that it's amazing. The 3 times I rode it, everyone around me (not my family, just surrounding guests,but my family loved it) they all commented on how great it was. It certainly is thrilling in my opinion. I'm not gonna lie and say it's not an intense attraction, because IMO it is. Granted it's not the hulk or superman at your local amusement park but it IS pretty intense. Don't be apprehensive about the spinning. Had I not read this board I would have never known the thing "spinned". It's an amazing experience and at least try it once. Don't listen to any of these people who think it isn't "that big of a deal" because some of the people here think Hall of Presidents is top notch :rolleyes:
The ride is definitely what Epcot needed. This attraction puts everything at EPCOT and possibly WDW to shame.

CTXRover

Originally posted by RnRCJohn
I think the mummy is better then M:S..I have been on it 3 times as a tester...it rocks. When you go to universal hit up the mummy first thing:D

John

Couldn't disagree with you more ;) :lol: Mummy only wishes it could be as cool as MS ;) j/k Seriously though, everyone has different likes, dislikes and opinions and Mummy just failed to impress me, probably because I just expected this ride to be what Universal themselves hyped it to be. But I also realize that what was seen during the TRs was not the finished product, so I'm still holding my final opinion until it officially opens. But right now, it wasn't even Universal's best attraction. I just didn't think it seemed like any revolutionary idea. Its a great ride, don't get me wrong, to say anything less would be underhyping it, its just not the best. Sorry for the thread drift....continue with MS talk....

General Grizz

Originally posted by Chefjason1974
Never mind grizz he/she has attachment issues to the past.
M.S. is the best ride in any park. i loved it the first time ly & i loved it 2 days ago.

If you read back to the context, you'll realize I was being sarcastic. :animwink:

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Mission Space

Originally posted by Piebald
Don't listen to any of these people who think it isn't "that big of a deal" because some of the people here think Hall of Presidents is top notch :rolleyes:
:lol: So true.... :animwink:

CTXRover

Originally posted by General Grizz
If you read back to the context, you'll realize I was being sarcastic. :animwink:

Grizz, I must apologize since I think I might have been the first to direct a post at your "lame" comment. I just quickly read through the posts and didn't even realize the author or the obvious sarcasm :hammer:

d'Isigny

Does it spin like the Teacups?

Is it a dropping feeling like Tower of Terror?

The Teacups made me sick...

and I hate the dropping feeling of Tower...

I want to ride MS but fear that it will make me sick...

be truthful now.

speck76

I could not feel the spinning, as you are completly enclosed, and you do not see yourself spinning. You will get the feeling in your stomach as if you are dropping.

The ride is worth it...if you are unsure about your body's ability to handle the ride, take some dramamine and hour or so before you get on.

d'Isigny

Originally posted by speck76
I could not feel the spinning, as you are completly enclosed, and you do not see yourself spinning. You will get the feeling in your stomach as if you are dropping.

The ride is worth it...if you are unsure about your body's ability to handle the ride, take some dramamine and hour or so before you get on.

I don't have a problem with motion sickness...I hate the feeling of droppping, Tower scares me but not Rockin Rollar Coaster. I don't mind speed or fast turning...it's the dropping...

Piebald

d'Isigny, the feeling you get in M:S is similar to the launch on RNRC. It build sup though and is not as sudden as the launch. I wouldn't worry too much. It is not the same feelin as TOT or Splash.

d'Isigny

d'Isigny, the feeling you get in M:S is similar to the launch on RNRC. It build sup though and is not as sudden as the launch. I wouldn't worry too much. It is not the same feelin as TOT or Splash.

The launch of RNRC is intense but cool...
I just hate the feeling of dropping...

WDWFREAK53

Spinning:

Getting "dizzy" from spinning is because you actually see the surroundings around "going around" and your eyes try to catch up to it and when you stop...you get the dizzy sensation because your bearings are trying to come back to you.

In M:S...you ARE spinning...but you can't see your surroundings around you...so the "dizzy" feeling will be far less (if at all).

Drop:

You do not drop in M:S.

Sensation:

The same sensation you'll feel is the same as if you're on a rollercoaster as it comes over the crest of a hill...you will gradually "lose your stomach" but it's not like the Tower of Terror where you drop fast and it hits you all at once.

Even though I described it like that...there are parts that feel like nothing you've felt before. I suggest you try it...if you do get motion sickness on rides, take a dramamine for precautionary measures. Just because you get sick on the teacups...does not mean you'll get sick on M:S.

d'Isigny

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Spinning:

Getting "dizzy" from spinning is because you actually see the surroundings around "going around" and your eyes try to catch up to it and when you stop...you get the dizzy sensation because your bearings are trying to come back to you.

In M:S...you ARE spinning...but you can't see your surroundings around you...so the "dizzy" feeling will be far less (if at all).

Drop:

You do not drop in M:S.

Sensation:

The same sensation you'll feel is the same as if you're on a rollercoaster as it comes over the crest of a hill...you will gradually "lose your stomach" but it's not like the Tower of Terror where you drop fast and it hits you all at once.

Even though I described it like that...there are parts that feel like nothing you've felt before. I suggest you try it...if you do get motion sickness on rides, take a dramamine for precautionary measures. Just because you get sick on the teacups...does not mean you'll get sick on M:S.

thanks

MKBurn15

Re: Re: Mission Space

Ok , I don't consider myself a Disney Freak at all like some of the people here do (not that it's bad, I'm just not overly obsessed). I am a normal teen with hobbies and I just happen to enjoy Disney enough to post on a message board but not scrutinize every little detail,etc. With that said, I recently rode M:S and this is my opinion. The ride is GREAT. It's something so different and gives you such a weird feeling that it's amazing. The 3 times I rode it, everyone around me (not my family, just surrounding guests,but my family loved it) they all commented on how great it was. It certainly is thrilling in my opinion. I'm not gonna lie and say it's not an intense attraction, because IMO it is. Granted it's not the hulk or superman at your local amusement park but it IS pretty intense. Don't be apprehensive about the spinning. Had I not read this board I would have never known the thing "spinned". It's an amazing experience and at least try it once. Don't listen to any of these people who think it isn't "that big of a deal" because some of the people here think Hall of Presidents is top notch :rolleyes:
The ride is definitely what Epcot needed. This attraction puts everything at EPCOT and possibly WDW to shame.
Spun.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom