Mission Space

Dayma

I think the mummy is better then M:S..I have been on it 3 times as a tester...it rocks. When you go to universal hit up the mummy first thing

Ahhh a comparison to Universal....he he. Hard to compare the two.

d'Isigny

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
d'Isigny, I would definately recommend trying it. You sound exactly like me - I hate the sensation of falling. Not real big on spinning (like the Tea Cups) either. I still haven't tried Tower of Terror and I don't even like the drop in Pirates of the Caribbean (wow that sounds really wimpy :lol: ) Oddly enough I do like RNRC, mostly because of the launch.

The first time I went on M:S I was so nervous about getting sick I almost got sick before the ride started. But once it started I had too much fun to even think about being sick. I loved it so much I got right back on line for another ride. The only member of our party that felt even a little nauseous was my wife (who happens to like rides like Tower of Terror) and she still went on it again and was fine the second time. My mother hates all thrill rides and even she liked it.

Since then I have been on it about 5 more times and I have never felt sick. I know some people do have problems with the ride but I do not believe it is the majority. Most people I see getting off the ride are smiling and laughing.

Now I can't wait to get to WDW and ride it again.

you could be setting me up...

bigfatdonna

My husband and I really loved the ride. I admit, though, that I was a tad bit queasy for about an hour. Nothing that shut me down altogether. Just to be safe, maybe, don't go right after eating the buffet at the Biergarten! 2 plates of sauerkraut and sausage are not good companions with blasting off for Mars. :hurl:

I have a question about children on M:S. I noticed the height requirement is 44". Some 4 year olds are this tall. My son is almost 6 but for some reason I don't want him to ride it. Has anyone taken children on this ride and with what reaction?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Generally OK

BFD (bigfatdonna)

Ultimately, you have to judge your own child. My little one is tall and can go on everything. Loves RnRC, hates TOT, loves PoTC, uncomfortable with HM. He was fine with MS. Generally, I have noticed that the kids really pick up on the anxiety in the queue. (also from the pre-show announcements) With the warnings, a lot of folks get themselves really worked up. I have found myself talking down a number of adults from near panic (and haven't had one of them curse me out or :hurl: on me yet. If the parents stay calm, generally I see kids 6-10 really enjoy it.

I would think that if your son has expressed interest and you don't overdo the caution reiteration, he would do fine.

Then again, as you can see by the different opinions on this thread, you can not know for certain.

bigfatdonna

Thanks so much ClemsonTiger. My son does well on all of the mountains at MK and loves HM too. Still not tall enough for Rockin' Rollercoaster. He doesn't want to try ToT yet so I don't push him. He has expressed interest in M:S so we'lll just have to wait and see next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom