Mission:Space??

andre2000

Original Poster
does anyone know what this ride will be like?:brick: :veryconfu :sohappy: :lookaroun :wave: :drevil: :fork: :lookaroun

Testtrack321

Since your new and you like our smilies :)lol: ) I'll tell you.

Knowbody knows. Disney is silent. There is a few clues we have, but they point to a centerfuge type attraction that will feature weigthlessness. More rumors say that there will be interactivit on this ride, like Buzz on steriods.

That's all, but as for an opening date, I've heard of two. One is around April and the other is July 1st.

i read on another web page who was building the ride and i went to there website. there was no news about mission space but it said what it made. It said alot of stuff about motion simulators like back to the future ride in Universal. i dotn know if this is true bu it hope it is.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Most of the construction shots point to 4 centrifuges being built inside the building. I'd expect a ride based on this type of technology and not necessarily like Back to the Future :)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Fievel
That crazy steve....always promoting his little website :)

You forgot GREAT website :)

I also agree with you fievel...All aerial shots point to 4 centrifuges, not a simulator like BTTF...although...the 4 centrifuges MAY have simulator like affects to it...(like Cyber Space Mountain)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Fievel
Yep...This is cyberspace mountain......This is cyberspace mountain on drugs.

Any questions.:lol:

:lol: I didn't mean it is going to BE cyberspace mountain silly...I meant it will probably be a cyberspace mountain simulator on the end of an arm of a centrifuge... (for a REALLY simple explanation)

SirNim

I don't know if anyone has posted this pic yet, but if they have, oh well. This pic is current, 2002 by Mapquest (but before the building exterior was created - that's why this shot is literally "looking into the building" from some satellite. Notice the construction design. Hmm...

Attachments

• missionspace.jpg
    missionspace.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 140

jmarc63

unless I am mistaken this Picture was taken before the centrafuge foundation were constructed. there is another photo that clearly chows the concreat foundationd for the centrafuges.

wanabeimagineer

I still don't completely believe the 2nd satellite picture, I have always had my doubts that it has been doctored, because since almost Day 1 of construction, before there was the concrete facade that can be seen in that picture, there was at least a metal frame for the big black building, which quickly had a roof, and in the early construction pics where you see the building has a roof but you can see into it from the front, you don't see these very defined centrifuge systems, yet in the satellite picture, I see no indication of even a frame for the building. If those were there before the frame of the building was built, I would imagine we would have seen them. That's just my two cents though so take it lightly.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by wanabeimagineer
I still don't completely believe the 2nd satellite picture, I have always had my doubts that it has been doctored, because since almost Day 1 of construction, before there was the concrete facade that can be seen in that picture, there was at least a metal frame for the big black building, which quickly had a roof, and in the early construction pics where you see the building has a roof but you can see into it from the front, you don't see these very defined centrifuge systems, yet in the satellite picture, I see no indication of even a frame for the building. If those were there before the frame of the building was built, I would imagine we would have seen them. That's just my two cents though so take it lightly.

Dude, I think your paranoid.

wanabeimagineer

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Dude, I think your paranoid.

:lol: No not paranoid, just observant. Actually its just something I noticed when I first saw the picture, and it's bothered me since. But, like I said, it's just my opinion so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

SirNim

That picture I posted isn't the greatest - I was just foolin around on Mapquest. But - again, I do not know if anybody has mentioned this already - if you go to http://www.disney.com/missionspace, click on NEWS (the satellite dish), and then the left arrow on latest visuals, keep on going till you reach the visual from "02.15.2001" This, besides the graphic at http://missionspace.wdwmagic.com/missionspace/missionspacesat.jpg , is the most convincing I've seen - as you can ACTUAlLY SEE the centifugal arm inside its circle. Once again, someone may hve posted this alredy. I'm not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom