Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Unplugged

If this October date is true I don't understand why they said next month at D23?
I'm sure it's because the videos & presentations are created well in advance. My company does a lot of expos far larger than D23, and to get an executive or busy team who edit & produce the deliverables to do so at the last minute is next to impossible. Back up plans for expos are typically, announce the product as planned and hold any delay announcements until after. That way, first and foremost we get great press and nothing needs to be edited so all goes on as expected with no surprises. Secondary, post press releases of updates or delays a few days/weeks later which will be a minimal business impact. Keep in mind the delays are only rumors until, as we just saw, it becomes an official press release.

Prototype82

RIGHT!? I was looking forward to riding UoE one last time, now Im learning it will be closed, as well as Mission Space (trip is aug 20-25 (gonna be in Animal Kingdom for the Solar Eclipse #EPIC))... This picture gives me comfort though, and I can always just ride Spaceship Earth 10X and be totally happy :)View attachment 216011
WOAH WOAH WOAH....IS THIS THE NEW LANDSCAPING? <3

Biff215

The move to October was in the last day. Before then it was listed as opening August 1.
But FP for August has been unavailable for about a month. Interesting that someone was able to get FP for September yesterday. Doesn't even seem like Disney knows exactly when this will reopen.

Jeff456

FWIW, training meetings have appeared on trainers' schedules for Space next week.
That interesting... Do you know or does anyone else know how long this sort of thing takes? If this is only happening now does that suggest a longer wait till opening as per some of the latest or could we see it in a time frame hinted at in D23?

Indianajonze

That interesting... Do you know or does anyone else know how long this sort of thing takes? If this is only happening now does that suggest a longer wait till opening as per some of the latest or could we see it in a time frame hinted at in D23?

training meetings next week mean august 1 opening is a go according to people familiar with the typical timetable

PorterRedkey

I am guessing that is from the internal schedule. The official site is still stating the ride is opening late summer 2017. Even if summer ends Sept 21st, I bet Disney considers labor day the end of summer. So a 35th-anniversary opening seems valid on Oct 1st.

Here is the wording on the official site:
"Mission: SPACE is closed for refurbishment and is expected to reopen in late summer 2017. Please check back here for updates."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am guessing that is from the internal schedule. The official site is still stating the ride is opening late summer 2017. Even if summer ends Sept 21st, I bet Disney considers labor day the end of summer. So a 35th-anniversary opening seems valid on Oct 1st.

Here is the wording on the official site:
"Mission: SPACE is closed for refurbishment and is expected to reopen in late summer 2017. Please check back here for updates."

Well, in Florida, late summer does go well into December.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom