Mission: Space tragedy

speck76

imagineer boy said:
Ugh, you sick idiot. Your are the most vial troll I have ever seen. I did not want to see that.

I don't think we should close the thread because this idiot ruined it. He should just be banned, and we'll continue our discussion.

ummm....take the picture link out of your quote

tigsmom

imagineer boy said:
Ugh, you sick idiot. Your are the most vial troll I have ever seen. I did not want to see that.

I don't think we should close the thread because this idiot ruined it. He should just be banned, and we'll continue our discussion.

Please do not quote these photos. This will only help accomplish his goals. They have been reported to Steve and will be dealt with.

TheOneVader

tigsmom said:
Please do not quote these photos. This will only help accomplish his goals. They have been reported to Steve and will be dealt with.

He's going to have a ton of post alerts when he wakes up. :lol:

swincha

SoFlaDisneyFan said:
This will be added to the short list of the tragic, untimely deaths that have occured in WDW, but it seems to be the least severe regarding fault of the company itself. The company faced much bigger issues upon the loss of the Splash Mountain boy, the night crew worker and the Sky Lift, and the poor cast member and the parade float.

please explain what happened to these people

TheOneVader

tigger248 said:
I think it was a brake failure and 2 trains collided. If I remember correctly. If not, please correct me.

This did happen, after the first incident, in which a train derailed and killed a guest.

Keyser Soze

I've read through most of the posts made on this subject and honestly some of you need to take a reality check...
I know you all love Disney, as do I, but when something like this happens you cannot immediately start pointing fingers at anyone but Disney. For somone to say the parents were irresponsible or not thinking for letting a 4 year old go on a ride is really ridiculous. The boy met the requirements to ride MS, so in no way at all are the parents at fault. Whether or not you'd let your 4 year old ride is regardless, it does not make you a better or worse parent. All that guests at a park like Disney have to go by when riding attractions are the warnings and the ride requirements. Now most of the warnings for every ride that does anything other than sit still are the same and most people don't pay much attention to them. Even if the parents did read into the ride being quite thrilling I'm sure if they saw any symptoms on the Warning Posters (Back, Heart, Breathing Problems etc.) that their child had, they would not have taken him.
To everyone jumping to the immediate conclusion he had a prior medical conditon, I saw on the news today (I live in Orlando) that the autopsy revealed no previous or unknown conditions and failed to produce a cause of death (Link to CNN story http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/14/disney.death.ap/). Essentially you did what you don't want other people to do, jump to a conclusion.
Now I also read today that Disney employees did in fact try CPR, I know previously I had read that they did not know how to perform CPR. Either way, if the Disney employees did not know CPR/perform it, Disney needs to make this a mandatory requirement for working at their attractions.
Some people have said the 90 seconds that supposedly passed on the emergency call was not that long for them to start to direct them to do CPR.....The sooner CPR is performed, the better chance of revival, so 90 seconds when somone is not breathing is a HUGE amount of time.
Also if your the type of person that thinks they'll be "scared stiff" in a situation like this, maybe you shouldn't be working a job that may require you use CPR. It's one thing to take a CPR course thinking maybe someday you'll need it but it's another to take it knowing that the chances you will face a situation like this in your job is very high.
The point of my post is, things like this will happen at amusement parks. I just think park employees must be prepared for the worse and be able to act immediately. Who knows if the boy could have been saved or not had CPR been performed earlier, Disney just needs to make sure that in the future if (and when) an event like this occurs, their castmembers are ready.
I'd just like to make it clear before I get flamed to hell that in no way am I blaming the castmembers or Disney for this death. I'm sure the employees did all they were capable of doing.
My prayers go out to the family and friends of the young boy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom