Mission Space EPCOT

• Orange

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • Green

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

Ishwar

Original Poster
Tip number 1 GO GREEN if your riding it for first time.
Tip number 2 do not eat before GOING ORANGE
Tip number 3 Trick your friends to go orange :p Say something like "It's Green vs Orange" haha
Tip number 4 if your gonna go ORANGE.. MAKE IT THE LAST RIDE YOU GO ON IN EPCOT OR YOUR DAY MIGHT BE RUINED. :)

MattC

I love this ride. I always "reset" my switches when I get in. Then during flight I "fly" the ship. Ima nerd, but I enjoy it more getting into it.

Bairstow

I'm a longtime coaster veteran.
Just for fun, the last time I was on orange I decided to see what happened if I turned my head to the right.
I wouldn't recommend it.
I didn't vomit but I did feel like crap for about 15 minutes.

Green's still a waste of time, though. Ride orange and follow the instructions like you're supposed to.

donaldtoo

I have ridden it as many as 3 times (walk-on) in a row, with a full stomach.
I have also "looked away" for an extended period of time (I'm a rebel, sometimes ;)).
Have never had a problem. :)
Also, when we first rode it back in July of '04, as we were gettin' off the ride, I grabbed a barf bag as a "souvie" from the trip, 'cause I had NEVER seen this on a "thrill ride" before, and a CM said... "I wouldn't do that. A LOT of peoples faces have probably already been on that thing."
Yes, I put it back. :D

wiigirl

Go Orange or go home! It's the complete experience!

This! :p
75.gif

Phonedave

I have ridden it as many as 3 times (walk-on) in a row, with a full stomach.
I have also "looked away" for an extended period of time (I'm a rebel, sometimes ;)).
Have never had a problem. :)
Also, when we first rode it back in July of '04, as we were gettin' off the ride, I grabbed a barf bag as a "souvie" from the trip, 'cause I had NEVER seen this on a "thrill ride" before, and a CM said... "I wouldn't do that. A LOT of peoples faces have probably already been on that thing."
Yes, I put it back. :D

Same for me. My youngest daughter has been riding Orange since she was 5 (maybe) she was just 48" and just got on. Her and my other daughter go together all the time. Welook at each other, we reach over and mess with the controls in front of each other, and have never had any sort of a problem with eating before or after, touring the rest of the parks, or any other problems. I think I a lot of it is people getting themselves all worked up.

-dave

copcarguyp71

We have always gone green as my DW is not real good with "spinny" rides. This past time we rode green and then DD(9) and I went for orange...loved it. Feeling your cheeks travel towards the back of your head was great! I did have a little trouble focusing my eyes for a few seconds after it started but we really liked it! We rode the set of simulators with the longest walk to get out though and I know for sure I was not exactly walking a straight line! I would definitely do it again and felt zero nausea.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Tip: For enhanced riding experience, indulge in food and wine fest (mainly the latter) then ride Orange. Entire new level added to the ride.

l4dybu6

Sorry for being kind of off topic, but how enclosed are the capsules on mission space? I don't do well in really small spaces (Not even sum of all thrills... that was not a fun experience).

Bairstow

Sorry for being kind of off topic, but how enclosed are the capsules on mission space? I don't do well in really small spaces (Not even sum of all thrills... that was not a fun experience).

It's not quite as enclosed as Sum of All Thrills- all four seats are open to eachother, like a bean pod, but it's still rather enclosed. Imagine sitting in the cab of a truck, but with no windows.
Compared to Sum of All Thrills, the whole thing is actually pretty lame. If you didn't have fun on that one, I'd just skip Space.

See, even Buzz Aldrin thinks it's boring.

aldrin.JPG

Also, note that those consoles will roll forward and restraints will come down.
I don't know what the kids in this picture are doing, but they're wasting their time.
Mission:Space only pretends to be interactive.

tumblr_m427f2ycO41r337tvo1_400.jpg

Sarah Rae

My family always does orange! My dad used to work for HP, so we had access to the special employee lounge thing, and we got taken straight to the fast pass line whenever we wanted, so we rode many many times in a row. Only my mother couldn't handle it, so she would just chill in the air conditioning while we rode a bunch more times.

Slightly unrelated, but my mom had vertigo for a while a few years ago, and her doctor recommended not doing any of the thrill rides at Disney. Obviously my mom did not follow that recommendation, and she has been vertigo-free since that trip...I'm pretty sure it was Mission Space that fixed it for her :D

The Mighty Tim

Orange all the way. Though I find it amusing that they spend more time telling you all the negative effects of the ride than you actually spend on the ride.

Side note, when I was on Mission: SPACE in the pre-show area waiting for the Gary Sinise safety briefing to start, some guy was saying that he rode the ride not long after it opened and there was always a cast member on standby with a mop and bucket. Nice(!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom