Missing Journey into Imagination Signage

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
Hey everyone, some WDW news here from EPCOT, the Journey into Imagination banner is missing now, possibly from Hurricane Mathew preparation from last week, but it is still missing. Your thoughts on this? Wild rumors could be forming here.
image.jpg

tl77

There's been rumors that Imagination is getting a make over for a few years now, I think since the new Soarin' and the Frozen stuff is finished there's no excuse put off an Imagination refurb... but I wouldn't read that much into a missing banner, they're probably just too cheap/lazy to put it back up

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
It is very strange, I just left EPCOT a few minutes ago and the banner was still gone (duh) but I wonder what's going on. Putting up a new banner is the least of their worries I'm sure. It's probably nothing but you never know.

Goofyernmost

They decided to finally clean it before putting it back up?
Hopefully one step better and replacing it with one that isn't faded. But, that's probably a big dream. It seems logical that they might have taken it down because of Matthew. I have never understood why it was just put up there as a temporary cloth banner to begin with. It always looked so cheap and never really related to what was inside as far as theme was concerned.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Hopefully one step better and replacing it with one that isn't faded. But, that's probably a big dream. It seems logical that they might have taken it down because of Matthew. I have never understood why it was just put up there as a temporary cloth banner to begin with. It always looked so cheap and never really related to what was inside as far as theme was concerned.
I always thought it had something to do with the fact that the theme of the ride was an "open house" of the Imagination Institute, and the banners next to the main one promoted this.

Goofyernmost

I always thought it had something to do with the fact that the theme of the ride was an "open house" of the Imagination Institute, and the banners next to the main one promoted this.
Yea, I guess I can see that... but there should have been a permanent Imagination Institute sign with no more then an open house sign. It just never set well with me, ever.

Goofyernmost

I'm assuming it has something to do with the Body Wars signage.
So are you saying that someone or someone(s) are going around and stealing signage from dead or near dead pavilions to create a mystery of sorts to entice us into making ridiculous scenarios concerning their disappearance? Very interesting! Perhaps Universal is behind this situation. No signs means no one goes and everyone ends up at Harry Potter. Clever group, those Uni folks. It pays to have a Wizard in your employ!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom