misery at DHS

mguimond1990

Original Poster
I'm currently at DHS (Wed 09/25) and its absolutely miserable. I thought this was the slow season. I got here at 10 and toy story was already at 70 and fast pass return of 655-755pm. Tower of terror and Aerosmith are around 45min. Is something going on here that im missing?

FettFan

Misery.jpg

NOT MY MISERY

Weather_Lady

Those waits are each inflated from, say, the Touring Plans estimates for today, by about 15 minutes each. They do sound a bit high to me (possibly they're not accurate)!

Still, I don't think you can ever arrive at 10:00am and find those waits anything less than 40 minutes for TSMM and 25 minutes for TOT/RNR. We've been there in a low crowd season and I still had to wait 25 minutes for RNR, even arriving there just 30 minutes after rope drop.

Megalodumb

I'm currently at DHS (Wed 09/25) and its absolutely miserable. I thought this was the slow season. I got here at 10 and toy story was already at 70 and fast pass return of 655-755pm. Tower of terror and Aerosmith are around 45min. Is something going on here that im missing?
Not sure. Ask a CM or someone in mgmt. as to why they didn't run more people outta the place for your pleasure. It's pretty repulsive that there would be swarms of others there enjoying the park on a day you're supposed to have the place to yourself.

mguimond1990

Original Poster
Not sure. Ask a CM or someone in mgmt. as to why they didn't run more people outta the place for your pleasure. It's pretty repulsive that there would be swarms of others there enjoying the park on a day you're supposed to have the place to yourself.
don't be rude. I never said I wanted the place to myself. I just wanted to know if there was an event going on that i wasn't aware of. it seems very busy for a "slow season"

lunchbox1175

Probably not anything going on really, we were there on Saturday and it seemed very empty, 20 minute wait for TOT and pretty much walked on to RNRC at 10:00 by noon TSMM was sold out of FP's and was at 70 minutes, but the park seemed empty to me. MK that night on the other hand was very busy, so I think it can just be a matter of more people at one park than the other sometimes.

Disney Shib

I have some family down there right now for F&W and they also mentioned they thought it was a bit more crowded then usual. Maybe F&W is gaining some momentum. They said they noticed it more so at Epcot and DHS. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

merry68

I know another person mentioned F&W, but isn't the Tower of Terror 10 miler this weekend too??

I'd rather be down there now, than up here in the western PA-- this morning, I woke up to a second morning temp of a balmy 38 degrees. Farenheit. I love fall but so am not ready for it this year!

Enjoy your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom