Miscellaneous Tokyo Thoughts

BasiltheBatLord

More and more bans on taking photos/recording video inside TDR attractions and queues are being lifted recently. TDR has traditionally been notoriously strict about not allowing photos/videos in certain attractions (fairly common practice in Japan, lots of concert venues also actively enforce photo/video bans).

BasiltheBatLord

I don't know the exact source on where this is from, but OLC is apparently officially stating for the first time that APs are not returning to TDR. They had been suspended since the pandemic.

1698655663112.png

PiratesMansion

More and more bans on taking photos/recording video inside TDR attractions and queues are being lifted recently. TDR has traditionally been notoriously strict about not allowing photos/videos in certain attractions (fairly common practice in Japan, lots of concert venues also actively enforce photo/video bans).
Good.

I can understand the ban on attractions, I suppose, but banning photos in queues never made any sense to me. It's not like I'm using flash, who does it hurt if I take pictures of a queue?

SweetDuffy101

I don't know the exact source on where this is from, but OLC is apparently officially stating for the first time that APs are not returning to TDR. They had been suspended since the pandemic.

View attachment 751665

I mean people are coming in and setting record breaking revenues exceeding the 2018 revenue. Foreign tourists at an all time high according to OLC. Also (Disney premier Access has now 8 options to choose from including Parades and shows.)

According to a cast member that made a buzz this month, Tokyo Disney Resort is letting in 50,000 per park visitors per day basis.

Also forecast in 2024,Disney branded Hotel occupancy rates will be at 98.8%.

We can't blame OLC for not returning Annual passes. People are just coming in.

and Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs is just around the corner. The irony of all this is that Tokyo DisneySea doesn't need to bring back its entertainment since the new area will draw crowd.

With Popular franchises from Frozen, Tangled and Peterpan.

and Locals will also come from the park whether its First day or Last day of the special event.

SweetDuffy101

its so sad that official Tokyo Disney Resort X(Twitter )account has stopped posting on the app since Disney announced All Disney affiliated accounts will stop Doing adds nor posting on the platform.

I mean I get the reason, But still its kinda sad.

BasiltheBatLord

TDL is in the Japanese news this week after a clip of a reindeer performer playfully lifting up Minnie's skirt during the Disney Christmas Stories parade went viral on social media.

OLC issued a formal apology.

tanc

Going in May before the 40th passes or whatever was really such a lucky time to go. I don't think I waited more than 30 minutes for most rides and it was fair game to get on. When I went to WDW I was honestly so disappointed by how long most waits were. Genie+ inflated wait times so much, and I can't even imagine what they would be like at Tokyo with the free genie+ or whatever. I remember distinctively I went on Tower of Terror within 20 mins in Disney Sea.

I wonder if they will make premier pass similar to Genie+ next year though, I guess the 40th passes were just a trial is my guess.

BasiltheBatLord

For anyone keeping count, after today's closure of original CBJ in Florida, Tokyo Disneyland now has:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean with no PC changes at all
  • Haunted Mansion with original bride and no Hatbox Ghost
  • Splash Mountain
  • original Country Bear Jamboree (and before COVID included Vacation Hoedown and Jingle Bell Jamboree)
  • Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin with uncovered Jessica Rabbit
  • Original 1983 Snow White ride (mix of 1971 WDW and 1983 DL versions)
TDL continuing to become a time capsule of classic Disney parks

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
For anyone keeping count, after today's closure of original CBJ in Florida, Tokyo Disneyland now has:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean with no PC changes at all

The one change would be replacing the girl in the barrel with Jack Sparrow

We can add the Jungle Cruise natives, along with the vine covered canopy to your list as well.

SweetDuffy101

I've ridden POTC few days ago and ive noticed something new to me.

I think theyve moved some of the AA towards end scene.

More fog than before upon entering the battle scene reaching the auction/town scene

More crisp lighting effects.

Correct me if im wrong though, Those were just my experience.

BasiltheBatLord

Did not see this coming...

TDR is getting its first Marvel IP in an attraction... and it's not where you would expect.

Marvel characters are being added to It's a Small World for six months in Winter 2025. The campaign is being called "It's a Small World with Groot"

I assume this must be a consequence of Spider-Man leaving USJ.

1711525072633.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom