Mirror Walt Disney World

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
What are you gonna do for Roger Rabbit's Hollywood I wanna see your ideas.
You'll have to wait a bit. I intend to cover Muppet Studios first, and then I'll do Roger Rabbit's Hollywood.

And another update, guys: I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I don't know where to put World of Pure Imagination. Originally, it was gonna be accessed from Muppet Studios, nearby Middle Earth, but that's where I intend to put the new land. Plus, I don't want to cut into the guest parking area. So, I'm afraid I'll have to remove World of Pure Imagination from the "current" Mirror Disney's Hollywoodland. But don't worry, I fully intend to make sure it was a part of this Mirror universe. What I've done is this: The area takes up the space held by Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure and Studio Catering Co., exists for nearly twenty years and closes along with the rest of New York Street to prepare for Galaxy's Edge construction.

I even intend to do a land description later on, but I'll do it as part of the "attraction ride-through" section for Disney's Hollywoodland. Right now, I want to focus on the "current" park.

EDIT: Another reason why I chose to "close down" the factory is because I still want Toothsome Chocolate Emporium to be a part of Mirror Universal.

Last edited:

Suchomimus

What I've done is this: The area takes up the space held by Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure and Studio Catering Co., exists for nearly twenty years and closes along with the rest of New York Street to prepare for Galaxy's Edge construction.
Can we expect an Easter Egg of some sort in GE?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Can we expect an Easter Egg of some sort in GE?
The only thing I can think of is an Everlasting Gobstopper (maybe re-painted to match the GE aesthetic) hiding somewhere in the shops. Plus, as part of a new finale for The Great Movie Ride, the "happily ever after" line will be used.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Muppet Studios

Muppet%20Ctyd.jpg

“Life’s like a movie. Write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending.”

It’s time to play the music, it's time to light the lights! Anything can happen at Muppet Studios, which became part of the Disney-MGM Studios experience on May 16, 1991, and where Jim Henson’s iconic cavalcade of creatures run the show! This is the place where the Muppets live and work, welcoming visitors from all over the world to experience their wacky, almost explosive antics.

I should point something out about this Mirror universe: In this Mirror universe, Jim Henson does not die young. He is able to reach the doctor’s office in time to be cured of the pneumonia that, in our universe, sealed his doom. With this said, the deal between Disney and the Muppets goes through in 1990. Disney acquires the rights to many Henson and Muppet productions -- with the big exception of Sesame Street, which remains under the control of the Children’s Television Workshop (now Sesame Workshop, of course) -- and Henson himself remains with Jim Henson Production as a consultant. He oversees many future projects that push the Muppets beyond their worth. Of course, classics like The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppets Tonight still get made (Muppets from Space does not), just as they do in our universe. Henson retires from active puppeteering in 2011 at the age of 75, though he still produces and oversees various other Muppet projects. Oddly enough, the last big project he worked on in this Mirror universe was The Muppets (2011), so it serves as a fitting farewell for the man’s performing career. He hands over Kermit to Steve Whitmire, who does not get fired in this Mirror universe. Anyways, with this tangent aside, let’s move on.

New York-style buildings, peculiar gardens and a massive hot-air balloon marked with the grinning face of Kermit the Frog (more trees are planted along the borders of Galaxy’s Edge to hide views of it from that land) welcome us to this unique district of Hollywood, where the strains of Echo Lake doo-wop fade in favor of classic Muppet favorites - “The Muppet Show Theme”, “Movin’ Right Along”, “The Rainbow Connection”, etc. Here in this corner Disney’s Hollywoodland, Muppet Studios allows us to get a first-hand look at how the Muppets make that movie magic.

Streets-of-America_Full_27307.jpg

The first major point of interest in Muppet Studios are various apartments. With the advent of Muppet Studios, the former apartment “sets” surrounding the area became full-blown buildings. This was certainly fortunate, as they stopped exactly where the gate to Galaxy’s Edge is, so they were able to stay when the other “apartments” were destroyed. On the right-hand side of the street are the apartments of Kermit and Miss Piggy; while the left-hands side features one belonging to Fozzie Bear.

mop830274LARGE.jpg

Kermit’s apartment serves as the Muppet Studios meet ‘n’ greet area, where you can meet up with all of your favorite Muppets for photographs, hugs and autographs. Among the faces we can meet here are Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo. Outside the apartment, various other Muppets can be found throughout the day, like Rowlf, Sam Eagle, Scooter, the Swedish Chef and Statler and Waldorf. It should also be noted that Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo rotate meeting alongside Kermit. When they are not meeting inside the apartment with Kermit, they join the other Muppets outside.

Right next door to Kermit’s is the apartment of Miss Piggy, who has graciously decided to welcome everyone into her design studio where the next installment of Miss Piggy’s clothing line, Who...Moi, is being created. Among the various knick-knacks (including love letters to Kermit), guests can find the interactive design stations where they can create their own digital outfits for various Muppets, but be warned, Miss Piggy has very high standards. Similar to Build-A-Bear, guests can also take a Muppet home with them dressed in one of Miss Piggy’s signature clothing lines.

Across the street, Fozzie’s apartment serves as a joke shop, where all wannabe comics can purchase items to make their act a rollicking good time! Well, those are the only three apartments that guests can actually step in, but above these apartments, windows hint at other friends. For example, a giant American flag above the window of one apartment means that Sam Eagle lives there, and a familiar pink unitard hanging on a clothesline means we’re standing before Gonzo’s window. And if you want to know where Dr. Honeydew and Beaker live, just listen for the explosions and the high-pitched screaming.

Beyond these two points of interest, the Muppet Studios gate leads us into the main meat of this wacky area of the park. The brick courtyard leads to a Muppet fountain right in the middle. The fountain features several Muppets, including Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Rizzo and Miss Piggy, dressed as the Statue of Liberty. Directly behind the fountain, guests will find the outstanding Jim Henson’s Muppet*Vision 3D in a brick soundstage building.

mvt348918LARGE.jpg

The venerable Disney’s Hollywoodland classic seats us in a perfect replica of the theater from the classic television series, The Muppet Show. As the curtain rises, Kermit, Miss Piggy and the whole Muppets menagerie appear in eye-popping 3D. They’re taking us on a zany tour of Muppet Labs and showing off their new movie-making invention: Muppet*Vision 3D. Things, of course, go haywire when Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker set off a disastrous string of events into motion. With onscreen musical numbers, Audio-Animatronics figures and live in-theater special effects, it's a show guaranteed to bring the house down - and end with a glorious “three-hour” finale - a “Salute to All Nations, but Mostly America.”

The show exits out into the Stage One Company Store, a complete gift store themed to the Muppets. Designed like an old television studio, complete with “MUPT” tower, the store features three themed sections: one themed to the Muppet Babies segment from The Muppets Take Manhattan; the other themed to the “Magic Store” sequence that ended The Muppet Movie, featuring lighting rigs, camera equipment and real props used in the Muppet movies, set around the elaborate set used during the “Rainbow Connection” reprise; and the last is an exact replica of the Happiness Hotel set from The Great Muppet Caper.

Oh, and here’s a fun little tidbit: Although the front of the Muppet*Vision building is rather regal with its brick-faced facade, the back is a complete 180. There are bizarre paintings and all sorts of wackily-designed pipes. This references a unique tidbit of Jim Henson’s career. As he and his fellow Muppeteers were waiting to perform on The Jack Parr Program in 1964, they decided to kill time by painting pipes in a supply closet in their dressing room...paintings which still exist to this day!

Across the street from Muppet*Vision 3D is The Swedish Chef’s Video Cooking School Restaurant. The restaurant is so named because there are video screens throughout the place, showcasing the Swedish Chef’s cooking demonstrations, all of which, of course, go horribly wrong. These videos are quite funny, but for some, they may be overshadowed by the crashed biplane of the Great Gonzo, narrowly teetering through a hole in the ceiling. As an added bonus, the menu is written in both Swedish and English. Though the Swedish is more bizarre gibberish than actual Swedish…

Chickens squawk and explosions echo as we approach The Great Gonzo’s Pandemonium Pizza Parlor. Inspired by the dive pizza joints of Manhattan, the music and mayhem inside set the stage for a truly “Muppetational” experience. Real-life Muppet costumes and props are on display. The living, breathing pizza oven often has a chat with patrons, belching smoke to no remorse. Rats scurry past in the shadows, busily handling ingredients, and even personally delivering meals to guests! (This is accomplished via Audio-Animatronics rats running along on tracks.) Autographed headshots and Muppet memorabilia line the walls. And don’t be too shocked when an explosion causes the entire restaurant to shake. It’s just another one of Gonzo’s stunts gone wrong. The waitstaff even gets in on the fun, hastily apologizing for the inconvenience. Of course, Gonzo is perfectly fine, and if you listen closely, you can hear him talking and singing to himself as he climbs through the restaurant’s air ducts.

Great%20Movie%20Muppet%20ride.preview.jpg

At the rear of Muppet Studios, the impressive facade of the Muppet Theatre - complete with large statues of Animal “supporting” the weight of the building - holds an adventure in direct parody of Hollywood Boulevard’s signature attraction. This is The Great Muppet Movie Ride.

In this wonderful, misguided tour of movie history, we are treated to a backstage tour of how movies are made - only, all the information is wrong. Aboard a studio golf cart - according to Scooter, budget cuts prohibited the use of a “fancy, traveling theater” - Director Gonzo gives us a glimpse into Muppet takes on classic Hollywood. For example, in Beakenstein, a 10-foot Beaker is painfully reanimated by an evil Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. And in Peter Frog, Tinkerbell (Miss Piggy) has lost control of her harness and destroyed the cheap backdrop of moonlit London. Naturally, Statler and Waldorf join the show, shamelessly trolling the attraction aboard their own golf cart. “Hey, Statler?” “Yeah, Waldorf?” “I think it’s real swell that Disney finally gave the Muppets their own ride. I’m real happy to be here.” “Why do you say that, you old fool?” “Because the Mouse is always listening… Always listening.” The two shudder to the ethereal chuckle of Mickey Mouse…

The experience exits out into Jim Henson’s Muppet Workshop. The workshop is unique to Disney’s Hollywoodland in the sense that it provides live puppet shows and an exhibit all about Jim Henson’s Muppets from their early days in Sam and Friends to their heyday in The Muppet Show. For a good sum of money, we can design our own Muppet and receive one-on-one tips from a trained Muppeteer. If we do not wish to pay, all we have to do is pick-up a spare Muppet Whatnot from the Muppet Chest and enjoy. There’s even a special experience for children to learn the fine art of Muppeteering, hosted by P.J. and Kai-Lee, two young Muppets who have experience working with children. After all, they were the ones who starred in the Jim Henson Play-Along Video series of the 80s. (The link provides an example of their work.) The giant Muppet-Tron 3000 overlooks the workshop, often playing classic clips and skits from The Muppet Show.

Of course, Streetmosphere can be found aplenty here. Traveling deeper into Muppet Studios, not too far away from The Great Muppet Movie Ride, an old stage built within an abandoned building serves as the place to go to hear the sweet sounds of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. Arriving in their glamorous tour bus, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot and Animal take the stage to play the latest and greatest songs, some covers, some originals. Expect “Can You Picture That?” to be featured at least once a day. Five times a day, Electric Mayhem shows will play out in front of the apartment complex to get the crowd into it. Plus, the band even takes time to meet their fans after each performance! Muppet Studios is also a common location for the Muppet Mobile Lab to appear, another interactive experience, where “living character” Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker take members from their audience to help enlist in the creation and performance of their new inventions.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And there we have Muppet Studios! I will say, most of my inspiration for this land came from @MANEATINGWREATH and from the Muppet City concept as seen in The Sorcerer's Apprentice a few years ago.

As I said earlier, we're going through "Where Movies Come to Life" in order of Disney-owned lands first, and then we'll end with Middle Earth as the big finale. Since Muppet Studios was the first land in this area of the park to open, we visited it first. And in the next post, we're going to visit a place that one of the commenters here has been waiting for...

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I'm wonder what Roger Rabbit's Hollywood looks like, are you gonna have non-Disney characters like Warner Bros., MGM, Paramount, Universal, Terrytoons, etc...?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I'm wonder what Roger Rabbit's Hollywood looks like, are you gonna have non-Disney characters like Warner Bros., MGM, Paramount, Universal, Terrytoons, etc...?
As I stated earlier, Universal is able to get the Looney Tunes rights in this Mirror universe, so the Warner Bros. characters won't be part of it; and likewise, Universal won't be part of it for obvious reasons. As for the other studios, while the aesthetic will be pure Who Framed Roger Rabbit, no cartoons outside Disney will be utilized. Besides, the Toontown featured in the movie is enough to sustain its own land without the need of outside IPs.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Can you do Mirror Universal Studios Orlando Resort next after this? @DisneyManOne
I definitely intend to, but it won't be a multi-post thing like Mirror Walt Disney World is. It will basically be a one-post thing offering basic descriptions of the two theme parks (Epic Universe does not get built here. Like with WDW or DL, everything is within relative distance of each other. I've always found it bizarre that the land that will become Epic Universe is so far away from the rest of the resort. However, two certain areas from the park concept will still be part of Mirror Universal. Which ones? Wait and see...).

Mirror Universal will probably come out some point later in the year. I want to get through a majority of Mirror Walt Disney World before I do Mirror Universal.

Suchomimus

Epic Universe does not get built here. Like with WDW or DL, everything is within relative distance of each other. I've always found it bizarre that the land that will become Epic Universe is so far away from the rest of the resort.
That's because the current resort is entirely boxed in by other businesses and homes, so it’s not much of an option to buy the heavily occupied land and even if it was, I don’t see a place where Epic Universe or the hotel could be placed in connection to the main resort with making heavy modifications to the area, which I don’t believe would be worth the hassle and nightmares. I do believe however that the land that EU is being built on was owned by Uni before land development and was being leased if memory from bioreconstruct and discussion from the I.U. forums serves correctly.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Roger Rabbit’s Hollywood

015de6c3b336684dee1a9413d464a9da.jpg

(18:28 -- 20:36)

“My philosophy is this: If you don’t have a good sense of humor, you’re better off dead!”

In 1988, Disney -- through their Touchstone banner -- teamed up with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment and gave the world Who Framed Roger Rabbit, an elaborate and, no doubt, successful blend of animation and live-action. Since the film was released around the time work was really kicking into gear on Disney-MGM Studios, it was quickly decided to bring the film’s dual worlds to life.

The experience begins, as always, with a little slice of reality. The buildings of Roger Rabbit’s Hollywood blend in beautifully with the rest of Sunset Boulevard. The Terminal Bar, owned by Eddie Valiant’s girlfriend, Dolores, is often rattled by the passing Red Car. Unfortunately, Delores is out on vacation with Eddie, but she left several of her bartenders behind to serve up a wide range of alcoholic drinks and themed snacks like Chips and “Dip”. And if a little pick me up is needed, just request the barkeep to play “The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down” and watch the place come alive! The office of Valiant & Valiant is found nearby, as with the apartment of Baby Herman, though both sit inaccessible to us - and weasels… Next door to that is the abandoned stronghold of Cloverleaf Industries, Judge Doom’s former evil enterprise that appears now as nothing more than the hollowed-shell of a building.

InkandPaint.jpg

Nearby, a door leads to the opulent foyer of the Ink & Paint Club. An Audio-Animatronics Bongo stands guard from behind a window mere feet from the entrance, asking for the password -- which, if you’re curious, is “Walt sent me.” Of course, since this is a theme park, he can’t actually kick anyone out, so we’re free to pass. Just don’t comment on the monkey suit!

Once past Bongo, a host motions us toward a “larger than life” portrait of Marvin Acme, the so-called “Gag King.” Even so, the rose etched on his breast pocket squirts water straight from the canvas. Suddenly, the entire wall begins to move and we are thrust into the smokey nightclub, with jazz blaring and cigarette girls roaming the room. A large octopus is our bartender, while the penguins of Mary Poppins hustle as the frantic waitstaff. Corks are popping and dinner is served. Rarely does live entertainment occur -- only on special occasions -- so for the most part, we get to enjoy classic Disney cartoons projected onto the big screen.

At the far end of the street is a replica of the Griffith Park Tunnel. But, of course, to all Disney film buffs, the Griffith Park Tunnel serves as the entrance to one of the wackiest cities the world has ever known… Toontown!

who-framed-roger-rabbit-disneyscreencaps.com-8415.jpg

Dr. Seuss-like architecture and a distinct lack of straight-lines makes up this fictitious Hollywood suburb. Wacky architecture and bizarre scenery are all a part of the mix, warping us into the colorful reels of Who Framed Roger Rabbit’s animated segments. Don’t expect to find the houses of the Fab Five here. No, this Toontown is nothing like the Toontown at Disneyland, nor even Mickey’s Toontown Fair. Compared to the other Toontowns, which are mainly inspired by the classic Disney cartoons, this Toontown is inspired directly by Who Framed Roger Rabbit. This is a place where the barrels of gunpowder, crooked streets, falling anvils, and living, breathing buildings are just an average part of the everyday life. Unnaturally-designed automobiles line the streets, while fireworks sound off and belch smoke from the clearly-burnt firework factory. Classic Silly Symphony themes overpower the big band beats; the old jailhouse allows convicts of any age to bend the bars and escape; the gas station pumps appear to be inhabited by googly-eyed goldfish; gunshots and cowboy-like hollers emit from the “Western Prop Warehouse”. There is a severe lack in right angles, straight lines, or general order in the city’s presentation. An explosion bursts on the horizon - a foghorn rattles the cobblestone - this is not your grandfather’s Hollywood…

Lowbrow tomfoolery is the stock-in-trade of the Gag Factory, where rubber chickens and whoopee cushions are manufactured by a highly over-engineered contraption. Gag gifts and Toon merchandise are all the rage in this prop warehouse. The Toon Diner delivers classic milkshakes, burgers and fries. A statue of Roger Rabbit looks to Toontown Infirmary, neighbored closely by the Firework Factory, B.B. Wolf Demolition Co. and McDuck Bank in a rather close-knit courtyard of misplaced crates, barrels and explosives; a stock of wisecracks, pop-guns, bad jokes, sound effects, and collapsed safes. One wrong touch might trigger an entire series of explosive fun… At the Toontown Post Office, PO boxes speak the voice of their owner, and a mailbox out front enjoys a chat with passers-by. “Hey, watch it! What do I look like, a mailbox or something?” The Toontown Police Station has a jailhouse with bars far too flimsy to hold practically anyone or anything; and the Toontown Fire Station involves the typical firefighting equivalent, as well as...boxing gloves?

1557510772961-png.371157

There are four major attractions to be found in Toontown. First is the Toontown Transit, a motion simulator that takes us through the wacky world of Toontown in a whole new way. Gus the Bus, a vehicle who wants desperately to be an actor, is informed by Benny the Cab that auditions are being held today! The quest to the studio is a crazy one, with many diversions along the way -- including having to save Jessica Rabbit from a burning building!

Baby+Herman+Buggy.jpg

It seems only fitting that a ride based on a trip to the studio take place near a ride that takes place inside a studio: Baby Herman’s Runaway Buggy Ride. Taking place on the set of Tummy Trouble, we find ourselves roped into being Baby Herman’s stunt double. Aboard our own baby carriages, we careen through St. Nowhere Hospital, getting into all sorts of near-misses, in what is essentially a mix between a dark ride and an indoor wild-mouse coaster. No wonder Baby Herman wanted a stunt double!

99d794f5db7813a1b010e78a635057bc.jpg

The Toontown Opry has played home to some of the most famous musical moments in cartoon history, and today, they’re playing host to a spectacular concert unlike any other. Inside, a number of recovered costumes and props lead to a spectacular showing of Mickey’s PhilharMagic. When a mischievous Donald Duck dons the Sorcerer’s Hat of Conductor Mickey, the scheduled concert goes awry; a 3D dream world awaits in a number of classic animated musical sequences, including “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast and “A Whole New World” from Aladdin. Mickey, of course, saves the day, catapulting Donald off-screen and into the back wall of the opera house, much to the duck’s dismay…

The show exits out into the Toontown Music Co., a shop blending the styles of the Land of Symphony and the Isle of Jazz, as seen in the Silly Symphony short Music Land. The Music Co. sells wares inspired by PhilharMagic and cartoon music in general. In fact, it is here where you can make your own customizable Disney CD. Choose from a wealth of beloved Disney tunes--from the movies, from the TV shows, from the theme parks and beyond--and you'll have your own memento of the magic and music of Walt Disney World.

A-671.jpg

The final point of interest here is that of the Toontown Cab Co., the home of Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin. Aboard Lenny, Benny’s identical twin brother, we discover that the thrills are well underway the moment the Weasels show up and kidnap Roger’s beloved wife, Jessica. What ensues next is a madcap adventure through Toontown that results in countless gags, a simulated “free-fall” into the streets below, and a happy ending only Roger Rabbit and his outlandish crew could dish out.

Oh, and of course, you can meet Roger Rabbit, Eddie Valiant and Jessica in Toontown, as well!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What do you think, everybody? My biggest inspiration for this area comes from @MANEATINGWREATH's various Toontown/Hollywoodland concepts, as well as the Maroon Studios concept devised by the aforementioned Orange/Green Team of Stanza XIII of The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5.

Now, a quick word about the next post: Frankly, I think I'm gonna go back on my word about saving Middle Earth for last. Given that Middle Earth is now the only Warner Bros.-themed land in the "current" park, I think I'll go in full order of Opening Days. So, next, we'll visit Middle Earth, then Toy Story Land, then Galaxy's Edge and finally, the new land. This way, I'll be able to build up hype for the new land, and we can end our tour of Disney's Hollywoodland on a high note.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
@DisneyManOne I really love this concept, you forgot Toon Coaster (based RollerCoaster Rabbit short) and Toontown Tower Hotel (a parody of Tower of Terror) Why you did not have other cartoon characters besides Disney like Warner Bros., MGM, Universal, Terrytoons, Paramount, etc.... If Mirror Universal did or not have Looney Tunes rights, Disney's Hollywoodland will have Looney Tunes rights instead if Mirror Universal did not have rights for Looney Tunes from Warner Bros. like Middle Earth will be Warner Bros. themed land but not Looney Tunes rights? I guess Disney and WB will have a deal to let have rights for Looney Tunes at Disney's Hollywoodland part of Roger Rabbit's Hollywood, I'll love to see ride script of Toontown Transit, please? I wanna see that so bad please?

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
@DisneyManOne I really love this concept, you forgot Toon Coaster (based RollerCoaster Rabbit short) and Toontown Tower Hotel (a parody of Tower of Terror) Why you did not have other cartoon characters besides Disney like Warner Bros., MGM, Universal, Terrytoons, Paramount, etc.... If Mirror Universal did or not have Looney Tunes rights, Disney's Hollywoodland will have Looney Tunes rights instead if Mirror Universal did not have rights for Looney Tunes from Warner Bros. like Middle Earth will be Warner Bros. themed land but not Looney Tunes rights? I guess Disney and WB will have a deal to let have rights for Looney Tunes at Disney's Hollywoodland part of Roger Rabbit's Hollywood, I'll love to see ride script of Toontown Transit, please? I wanna see that so bad please?
Okay, I'll address each issue one by one.

First, I figured that there wouldn't be enough room for the Roller Coaster Rabbit ride, and likewise, with the Tower of Terror right next door to the entrance to Toontown, it'd be too redundant. At least with The Great Movie Ride and The Great Muppet Movie Ride, there's a fair deal of space between the two. Likewise, I also wanted to make sure there was enough room for PhilharMagic to open later on. In this Mirror universe, the land as a whole opens in 1994 and PhilharMagic opens in 2003, just as it does in our universe.

As I already elaborated to you before, I feel that there is enough to use from the film's Toontown for a theme park land without the use of outside IP, so no non-Disney IPs will be needed here. And yes, Mirror Universal does indeed have Looney Tunes rights. Again, this Mirror universe is where Universal did get those rights, so Looney Tunes and DC Comics are part of their second gate. (Plus, it makes things a heck of a lot easier for them to get the rights for Harry Potter later on down the road.)

I admit, I'm not that familiar with Roger Rabbit beyond what I've learned about the area online, so I'm afraid my skills are lacking when it comes to doing a Toontown Transit script.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
And now, let us venture forth into the next realm of Disney's Hollywoodland...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Middle Earth

first-sight-of-ithilien.jpg

“There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”

Before I begin describing this area of the park, I would like to give a shout-out to @DashHaber, @Disneylover152, @goofyyukyuk, @Honey Bee, @montydysquith-navarro, @NigelChanning, @Outbound, @PerGron, @Sharon&Susan and @ThatGuyFromFlorida for creating this concept. I absolutely fell in love with this concept when I first saw this pitched in SYWTBAI last year, so I decided to use it for this Mirror Walt Disney World concept.

Imagine...it’s 1999. Universal’s Islands of Adventure is thriving. With lands based on Dr. Seuss, Warner Bros.’ Looney Tunes* and DC Comics, as well as Universal’s own Jurassic Park and their own unique land -- The Lost Continent -- it’s quite the nifty place. Of course, that doesn’t excuse the fact that Universal basically struck while the iron was hot, and got Warner Bros. to sign off just as Disney was working on their Willy Wonka area, to which they got the rights in 1991. It’s frankly no wonder Disney eventually decided “Two can play that game.” Rumors started swirling around in the late 2000s, with sources varying on what Disney was going to do next. Then, in 2005, as part of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth, their rebuttal was officially announced: “Following their success bringing Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory to life at Walt Disney World in 1996, Disney and Warner Bros. are teaming up again to do the same thing to another beloved film: The Lord of the Rings.”

* It should be noted that in this Mirror universe, Universal does not get the rights to Jay Ward, so Looney Tunes becomes the park’s Toon Lagoon equivalent.

Yes, Middle Earth was finally coming to life in the theme park world! Inspired by Peter Jackson’s legendary film series, which in turn, were inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien’s legendary books, Middle Earth brings guests into the land that gave us The Lord of the Rings, as well as its prequel, The Hobbit. And both Disney and Warner Bros. promised to do something incredible with this legendary franchise. In fact, it took nearly a full decade to develop this concept just to do it proper justice!

Alas, complicating things was the next entry in the Disney/Universal pettiness contest: the opening of yet another Warner Bros.-inspired land, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which was announced in 2007 and opened in 2010. In fact, Potter was such a success, Imagineers decided to put plans for the land on the kibosh and return to the drawing board. They knew they had to do something serious in order to contend with the Boy Who Lived. At last, they finally found a concept that worked, and in 2014, construction began. And after twelve years in development, with much fanfare, Middle Earth finally opened its gates on May 27, 2017.

In-between Attack of the Atomic Alien and the All-American Waffle Co. is a large canyon gorge, its cliffs covered with grass. What could be beyond this canyon? More bizarre alien lifeforms? As you enter the gorge, you’ll notice that you’re travelling slightly uphill. The road soon twists ahead, and you’ll find your fears eased, because you are now in the Shire.

2f20a666e059c33a28e0aa3118519652db71c1cfv2_hq.jpg

The Shire is the first of three areas found in Middle Earth. As we all know, the Shire is the home of the Hobbits. This is where the main celebration area for the Middle Earth land is. Oh, I should explain: for this Middle Earth land, guests will find themselves in Middle Earth exactly one year after the events of the legendary film series. Indeed, it has been one year since Sauron was defeated, and all the races of Middle Earth -- Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Humans -- are holding a massive celebration. And as is often the case with the Hobbits, their celebrations are full of joy, mirth, and indulgence. To celebrate the anniversary of Sauron’s defeat, the Hobbits have constructed a festival, full of food stalls, local shops and wares, fair rides, and a stage show.

pagrindin%C4%971.jpg

Upon stepping into the Shire, you’ll find yourself in the epicenter of the Shire festivities. The festival grounds are wide and spacious, under the shadow of Bilbo Baggins’ house and the Green Dragon Inn. Although we can’t step inside Bilbo’s house, we can surely eat at the Green Dragon. This famous pub offers fish and chips, pan-seared chicken, salmon and steak, salads, a wide assortment of breads, shrimp bisque.

There are so many things to see and do here in the Shire. Held within a tent is Sackville-Baggins and Sons Antiques. A family run antique store that’s been in business for at least 50 years, the main store is in Hobbitton, but the store here is (in-universe) a temporary version set up for the faire. Being housed in a tent, the interior won’t be elaborately decorated. It’ll sell replica props, LOTR inspired clothing and toy weapons from both trilogies.

Across the way from Sackville-Baggins is Circle of the Fellowship, a teacup spinner honoring the three races that helped bring down Sauron. In fact, to quote from the blurb on the park’s guidemap, “Take a turn, and take a toast, as we all celebrate the defeat of Sauron and his dark forces! Climb aboard a mug and twirl to your heart’s content, as you spin around a trio of statues symbolizing the unity of man, elf, and dwarf in the face of darkness.”

Not too far away is another flat ride: Flight of the Great Eagles. This “Dueling Dumbo” equivalent was created by Radagast the Brown in honor of Gandalf the Grey/White, the powerful wizard “who had helped Bilbo brave the Desolation of Smaug, and aided Frodo in the destruction of the One Ring.” Radagast has called upon the great eagles to help in his moment of celebration. As you climb onto a great eagle, you will take to the air and fly around a statue depicting the famous wizard, who so aided the world of Middle Earth in a time of darkness and danger.

This is all on the left-hand side of the Shire. The right-hand side is marked by three food stands, the show and another shop. The three food stands, collectively known as the Shire Festival Court, are as follows:

• Farmer Maggot’s Market: With fresh produce straight from his farm in Bamfurlong, the dishes served here include corn on the cob, potato salad, and a fresh garden salad.
  • Merry and Pippin’s Flavorsome Grille: On the journey to destroy the One Ring, these two friends both learned secret dwarven recipes from Gimli, and they are sharing them with us. The menu consists of hot dogs and burgers with a few different variations of each on the menu.
  • Afternoon Tea Room: Serving as the “dessert option” for the fair, this stand -- run by an old Hobbit woman -- sells pastries such as tarts, ring cookies, and mixed berry cobblers.
Each stand is housed within a (seemingly) separate stall and is located right near the hills. They’ll all share one kitchen, hidden within the terrain. Each restaurant will have around 3 or 4 main food items, they’ll all share the same beverage options -- tea, apple juice, milk and Gaffer’s Home Brew. The dining area is located across from the stalls with lanterns strung high above the tables. Trees are present throughout the whole space with a large tree in the center. And of course, a restroom is set up nearby, as well -- made to resemble an above-ground cottage.

hobbit1.jpg

Then, there is the Whitfoot Theater, an outdoor theater in the vein of Shakespeare’s Globe, the home of A Hobbit’s Unexpected Journey, an audience participation show re-telling the story of The Hobbit. A Thespian from Gondor has come to entertain for the festival, alongside his troupe: a Dwarf, another Actor and a Puppeteer. Alongside a pre-selected audience participant as Bilbo, the troupe reenacts the tale of The Hobbit. Expect to see some Renaissance-esque stagecraft … and an unexpected Orc attack!

Set up nearby the theater is Hafling Baubles. Operated by a local Hobbit farmer, who’s always dreamed of being a craftsman. The shelves in the store will look like repurposed farming equipment (barrels, crates, etc.) This store will focus on selling action figures and stuffed plushies of the denizens of Middle Earth.

9b1f33e11976066af409585cbbd0d5a3.jpg

As the Hobbits have invited all races of Middle Earth to their celebration, guests may feel compelled to visit the lands of the Dwarves and Elves that are celebrating with the Hobbits. Following a winding path through the forest, we next come across Rivendell, the land of the Elves. As befitting a town that sits atop a rushing waterfall, the path leads to even more adventures here.

Rivendell’s main shop is Taethadis’ Treasures. As the story goes, Taethadis and her father Silevion are said to descend from the original line of the Gwaith-i-Mírdain. Their talents in spinning treasures into priceless jewelry is unsurpassed, and were often tapped when gifts and offerings are needed to any party visiting Rivendell. Taethadis has decided to open the family collection of jewels to curious visitors, as well as exhibiting hers and Silevion’s latest creations. Silevion has urged his daughter to take on new jewel-smith apprentices to ensure that the family trade will not end with their deaths. This is where you, the guest, come in. Under their watchful eyes, you will be able to fashion existing treasures into a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.

Rivendell’s main restaurant is Lanthir. So named because “lanthir” is “waterfall” in Elvish, what used to be another one of the endless mountains of Rivendell is now a beautiful restaurant buried in the cliff-sides. Though it may appear small, this is only because the seating and kitchen are found down below. And a beautiful restaurant it is, too, with artificial waterfalls acting as windows, palace-like yet natural architecture, & smooth stone floors & walls. The menu comprises of pan-seared lemon garlic chicken, chicken dijon, lobster bisque, three varieties of pasta -- carbonara, cacio and pepe, and fettuccine alfredo -- and three varieties of salads -- tabbouleh, shopska and fattoush. There’s a wide variety to drink as well, from the finest beers and cocktails to ice water and various varieties of tea.

houston_museum_of_natural_science_hmns_take_two_lord_of_the_.jpg

But of course, the biggest draw to Rivendell -- and maybe even to Middle Earth in general -- is There and Back Again, an epic E-ticket adventure through the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. So named after Bilbo’s memoirs, this exciting river rapids ride through J.R.R. Tolkien’s legendary books uses innovative magnetic technology to take ride vehicles off the track and completely into the story. Not only that, There and Back Again provides Disney’s Hollywoodland with its very first water ride.

250px-Alan_Lee_-_The_Pass_of_Caradhras.jpg

Finally, there is the land of the Dwarves: Moria. Moria was once the city of the Dwarves before the War of the Rings, when the dwarves had to leave their home. After the defeat of Sauron, the Dwarves have returned and reclaimed their stunning mountain home of Moria. One thing that can be said for all five parks of Walt Disney World is its impressive mountain range. The Magic Kingdom has Thunder Mesa and Space Mountain. EPCOT has Mt. Olympus and Mt. Fuji. Disney’s Animal Kingdom has Expedition Everest. Port Disney has Mt. Prometheus. And Disney’s Hollywoodland has the Misty Mountains. And indeed, just like all these other mountains, within these mountains are exciting and thrilling things.

First, there is The Armoury. For information on this place, let us turn to the official backstory: “Dwarves are well-known for the strong and durable weapons and pieces of armor made from Mithril, a precious metal mined within the Misty Mountains. The new Armoury inside Dwarrowdelf (Moria) is showcasing their latest creations, as well as replicas of famous Dwarven-made weapons and armor (e.g.: the Baggins’ Mithril Shirt, Angrist, Narsil, etc.). On the mezzanine level of the Armoury, Audio-Animatronic figures of Glangrik, the current Master Dwarven-smith, and his apprentices can be seen, scurrying about their business: some are creating weapons, some are forging metals, etc. Guests will be able to peruse and purchase a selection of the Dwarves’ finest armory (and related LotR apparel, i.e. cotton shirt version of Dwarven armor and the Mithril shirt, Dwarven helmet-hats, etc.) and weaponry (some are factory-made, some can be customized), as well as some other LotR-related trinkets.”

The biggest part of Moria is Mines of Moria, yet another E-ticket experience to be found here at Middle Earth. This attraction utilizes EMV technology to tell the story of the Dwarves returning to Moria to reclaim it as their own. What is unique about this is that it tells an original story featuring the characters from the films. Walt Disney Imagineering worked extensively with the creative minds behind the Lord of the Rings films to properly bring this story to life, and it pays off in spades. The ride exits out into the Dwarves’ Horde post-show area.

Oh, and I should point out that most of this area is built on what used to be the TV section of the park’s parking lot, as well as the tram route. To make up for the lost space, a parking garage has been set up, aptly called the TV Parking Garage, taking up a chunk of space that was once part of the Music section of the parking lot. The Stage and Film sections remain mostly the same.

Here now is a map, designed by @PerGron, detailing what Middle Earth as a whole looks like. However, the entrance here would be right nearby Sackville-Baggins, compared to the map, which has it near Bilbo’s house.

38b3edab-0a6a-4189-92e1-bdb68290f585-jpeg.473630

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

That, my friends, was Middle Earth! Again, I must give a shout-out to those who breathed this concept to life for SYWTBAI. You all did a fantastic job with it!

Oh, and I'd like to point something out about this land: as if the opening date didn't indicate, Middle Earth is to Mirror Walt Disney World what Pandora: The World of AVATAR is to our real-life Walt Disney World.

So, with Middle Earth under our belts, there are three lands left to explore in the park, and in the next post, we'll see the realistic world of Peter Jackson fade away in favor of the CGI world of Pixar. See you then!

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
And now, let us venture forth into the next realm of Disney's Hollywoodland...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Middle Earth

first-sight-of-ithilien.jpg

“There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”

Before I begin describing this area of the park, I would like to give a shout-out to @DashHaber, @Disneylover152, @goofyyukyukyuk17, @montydysquith-navarro, @NigelChanning09, @Outbound, @PerGronStudio, @Pufflefan, @Sharon&Susan and @ThatGuyFromFlorida for creating this concept. I absolutely fell in love with this concept when I first saw this pitched in SYWTBAI last year, so I decided to use it for this Mirror Walt Disney World concept.

Imagine...it’s 1999. Universal’s Islands of Adventure is thriving. With lands based on Dr. Seuss, Warner Bros.’ Looney Tunes* and DC Comics, as well as Universal’s own Jurassic Park and their own unique land -- The Lost Continent -- it’s quite the nifty place. Of course, that doesn’t excuse the fact that Universal basically struck while the iron was hot, and got Warner Bros. to sign off just as Disney was working on their Willy Wonka area, to which they got the rights in 1991. It’s frankly no wonder Disney eventually decided “Two can play that game.” Rumors started swirling around in the late 2000s, with sources varying on what Disney was going to do next. Then, in 2005, as part of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth, their rebuttal was officially announced: “Following their success bringing Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory to life at Walt Disney World in 1996, Disney and Warner Bros. are teaming up again to do the same thing to another beloved film: The Lord of the Rings.”

* It should be noted that in this Mirror universe, Universal does not get the rights to Jay Ward, so Looney Tunes becomes the park’s Toon Lagoon equivalent.

Yes, Middle Earth was finally coming to life in the theme park world! Inspired by Peter Jackson’s legendary film series, which in turn, were inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien’s legendary books, Middle Earth brings guests into the land that gave us The Lord of the Rings, as well as its prequel, The Hobbit. And both Disney and Warner Bros. promised to do something incredible with this legendary franchise. In fact, it took nearly a full decade to develop this concept just to do it proper justice!

Alas, complicating things was the next entry in the Disney/Universal pettiness contest: the opening of yet another Warner Bros.-inspired land, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which was announced in 2007 and opened in 2010. In fact, Potter was such a success, Imagineers decided to put plans for the land on the kibosh and return to the drawing board. They knew they had to do something serious in order to contend with the Boy Who Lived. At last, they finally found a concept that worked, and in 2014, construction began. And after twelve years in development, with much fanfare, Middle Earth finally opened its gates on May 27, 2017.

In-between Attack of the Atomic Alien and the All-American Waffle Co. is a large canyon gorge, its cliffs covered with grass. What could be beyond this canyon? More bizarre alien lifeforms? As you enter the gorge, you’ll notice that you’re travelling slightly uphill. The road soon twists ahead, and you’ll find your fears eased, because you are now in the Shire.

2f20a666e059c33a28e0aa3118519652db71c1cfv2_hq.jpg

The Shire is the first of three areas found in Middle Earth. As we all know, the Shire is the home of the Hobbits. This is where the main celebration area for the Middle Earth land is. Oh, I should explain: for this Middle Earth land, guests will find themselves in Middle Earth exactly one year after the events of the legendary film series. Indeed, it has been one year since Sauron was defeated, and all the races of Middle Earth -- Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Humans -- are holding a massive celebration. And as is often the case with the Hobbits, their celebrations are full of joy, mirth, and indulgence. To celebrate the anniversary of Sauron’s defeat, the Hobbits have constructed a festival, full of food stalls, local shops and wares, fair rides, and a stage show.

pagrindin%C4%971.jpg

Upon stepping into the Shire, you’ll find yourself in the epicenter of the Shire festivities. The festival grounds are wide and spacious, under the shadow of Bilbo Baggins’ house and the Green Dragon Inn. Although we can’t step inside Bilbo’s house, we can surely eat at the Green Dragon. This famous pub offers fish and chips, pan-seared chicken, salmon and steak, salads, a wide assortment of breads, shrimp bisque.

There are so many things to see and do here in the Shire. Held within a tent is Sackville-Baggins and Sons Antiques. A family run antique store that’s been in business for at least 50 years, the main store is in Hobbitton, but the store here is (in-universe) a temporary version set up for the faire. Being housed in a tent, the interior won’t be elaborately decorated. It’ll sell replica props, LOTR inspired clothing and toy weapons from both trilogies.

Across the way from Sackville-Baggins is Circle of the Fellowship, a teacup spinner honoring the three races that helped bring down Sauron. In fact, to quote from the blurb on the park’s guidemap, “Take a turn, and take a toast, as we all celebrate the defeat of Sauron and his dark forces! Climb aboard a mug and twirl to your heart’s content, as you spin around a trio of statues symbolizing the unity of man, elf, and dwarf in the face of darkness.”

Not too far away is another flat ride: Flight of the Great Eagles. This “Dueling Dumbo” equivalent was created by Radagast the Brown in honor of Gandalf the Grey/White, the powerful wizard “who had helped Bilbo brave the Desolation of Smaug, and aided Frodo in the destruction of the One Ring.” Radagast has called upon the great eagles to help in his moment of celebration. As you climb onto a great eagle, you will take to the air and fly around a statue depicting the famous wizard, who so aided the world of Middle Earth in a time of darkness and danger.

This is all on the left-hand side of the Shire. The right-hand side is marked by three food stands, the show and another shop. The three food stands, collectively known as the Shire Festival Court, are as follows:

• Farmer Maggot’s Market: With fresh produce straight from his farm in Bamfurlong, the dishes served here include corn on the cob, potato salad, and a fresh garden salad.
  • Merry and Pippin’s Flavorsome Grille: On the journey to destroy the One Ring, these two friends both learned secret dwarven recipes from Gimli, and they are sharing them with us. The menu consists of hot dogs and burgers with a few different variations of each on the menu.
  • Afternoon Tea Room: Serving as the “dessert option” for the fair, this stand -- run by an old Hobbit woman -- sells pastries such as tarts, ring cookies, and mixed berry cobblers.
Each stand is housed within a (seemingly) separate stall and is located right near the hills. They’ll all share one kitchen, hidden within the terrain. Each restaurant will have around 3 or 4 main food items, they’ll all share the same beverage options -- tea, apple juice, milk and Gaffer’s Home Brew. The dining area is located across from the stalls with lanterns strung high above the tables. Trees are present throughout the whole space with a large tree in the center. And of course, a restroom is set up nearby, as well -- made to resemble an above-ground cottage.

hobbit1.jpg

Then, there is the Whitfoot Theater, an outdoor theater in the vein of Shakespeare’s Globe, the home of A Hobbit’s Unexpected Journey, an audience participation show re-telling the story of The Hobbit. A Thespian from Gondor has come to entertain for the festival, alongside his troupe: a Dwarf, another Actor and a Puppeteer. Alongside a pre-selected audience participant as Bilbo, the troupe reenacts the tale of The Hobbit. Expect to see some Renaissance-esque stagecraft … and an unexpected Orc attack!

Set up nearby the theater is Hafling Baubles. Operated by a local Hobbit farmer, who’s always dreamed of being a craftsman. The shelves in the store will look like repurposed farming equipment (barrels, crates, etc.) This store will focus on selling action figures and stuffed plushies of the denizens of Middle Earth.

9b1f33e11976066af409585cbbd0d5a3.jpg

As the Hobbits have invited all races of Middle Earth to their celebration, guests may feel compelled to visit the lands of the Dwarves and Elves that are celebrating with the Hobbits. Following a winding path through the forest, we next come across Rivendell, the land of the Elves. As befitting a town that sits atop a rushing waterfall, the path leads to even more adventures here.

Rivendell’s main shop is Taethadis’ Treasures. As the story goes, Taethadis and her father Silevion are said to descend from the original line of the Gwaith-i-Mírdain. Their talents in spinning treasures into priceless jewelry is unsurpassed, and were often tapped when gifts and offerings are needed to any party visiting Rivendell. Taethadis has decided to open the family collection of jewels to curious visitors, as well as exhibiting hers and Silevion’s latest creations. Silevion has urged his daughter to take on new jewel-smith apprentices to ensure that the family trade will not end with their deaths. This is where you, the guest, come in. Under their watchful eyes, you will be able to fashion existing treasures into a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.

Rivendell’s main restaurant is Lanthir. So named because “lanthir” is “waterfall” in Elvish, what used to be another one of the endless mountains of Rivendell is now a beautiful restaurant buried in the cliff-sides. Though it may appear small, this is only because the seating and kitchen are found down below. And a beautiful restaurant it is, too, with artificial waterfalls acting as windows, palace-like yet natural architecture, & smooth stone floors & walls. The menu comprises of pan-seared lemon garlic chicken, chicken dijon, lobster bisque, three varieties of pasta -- carbonara, cacio and pepe, and fettuccine alfredo -- and three varieties of salads -- tabbouleh, shopska and fattoush. There’s a wide variety to drink as well, from the finest beers and cocktails to ice water and various varieties of tea.

houston_museum_of_natural_science_hmns_take_two_lord_of_the_.jpg

But of course, the biggest draw to Rivendell -- and maybe even to Middle Earth in general -- is There and Back Again, an epic E-ticket adventure through the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. So named after Bilbo’s memoirs, this exciting river rapids ride through J.R.R. Tolkien’s legendary books uses innovative magnetic technology to take ride vehicles off the track and completely into the story. Not only that, There and Back Again provides Disney’s Hollywoodland with its very first water ride.

250px-Alan_Lee_-_The_Pass_of_Caradhras.jpg

Finally, there is the land of the Dwarves: Moria. Moria was once the city of the Dwarves before the War of the Rings, when the dwarves had to leave their home. After the defeat of Sauron, the Dwarves have returned and reclaimed their stunning mountain home of Moria. One thing that can be said for all five parks of Walt Disney World is its impressive mountain range. The Magic Kingdom has Thunder Mesa and Space Mountain. EPCOT has Mt. Olympus and Mt. Fuji. Disney’s Animal Kingdom has Expedition Everest. Port Disney has Mt. Prometheus. And Disney’s Hollywoodland has the Misty Mountains. And indeed, just like all these other mountains, within these mountains are exciting and thrilling things.

First, there is The Armoury. For information on this place, let us turn to the official backstory: “Dwarves are well-known for the strong and durable weapons and pieces of armor made from Mithril, a precious metal mined within the Misty Mountains. The new Armoury inside Dwarrowdelf (Moria) is showcasing their latest creations, as well as replicas of famous Dwarven-made weapons and armor (e.g.: the Baggins’ Mithril Shirt, Angrist, Narsil, etc.). On the mezzanine level of the Armoury, Audio-Animatronic figures of Glangrik, the current Master Dwarven-smith, and his apprentices can be seen, scurrying about their business: some are creating weapons, some are forging metals, etc. Guests will be able to peruse and purchase a selection of the Dwarves’ finest armory (and related LotR apparel, i.e. cotton shirt version of Dwarven armor and the Mithril shirt, Dwarven helmet-hats, etc.) and weaponry (some are factory-made, some can be customized), as well as some other LotR-related trinkets.”

The biggest part of Moria is Mines of Moria, yet another E-ticket experience to be found here at Middle Earth. This attraction utilizes EMV technology to tell the story of the Dwarves returning to Moria to reclaim it as their own. What is unique about this is that it tells an original story featuring the characters from the films. Walt Disney Imagineering worked extensively with the creative minds behind the Lord of the Rings films to properly bring this story to life, and it pays off in spades. The ride exits out into the Dwarves’ Horde post-show area.

Oh, and I should point out that most of this area is built on what used to be the TV section of the park’s parking lot, as well as the tram route. To make up for the lost space, a parking garage has been set up, aptly called the TV Parking Garage, taking up a chunk of space that was once part of the Music section of the parking lot. The Stage and Film sections remain mostly the same.

Here now is a map, designed by @PerGron, detailing what Middle Earth as a whole looks like. However, the entrance here would be right nearby Sackville-Baggins, compared to the map, which has it near Bilbo’s house.

38b3edab-0a6a-4189-92e1-bdb68290f585-jpeg.473630

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

That, my friends, was Middle Earth! Again, I must give a shout-out to those who breathed this concept to life for SYWTBAI. You all did a fantastic job with it!

Oh, and I'd like to point something out about this land: as if the opening date didn't indicate, Middle Earth is to Mirror Walt Disney World what Pandora: The World of AVATAR is to our real-life Walt Disney World.

So, with Middle Earth under our belts, there are three lands left to explore in the park, and in the next post, we'll see the realistic world of Peter Jackson fade away in favor of the CGI world of Pixar. See you then!

As Universal does not have rights to Jay Ward in Mirror Universal Studios Resort, does Disney or Warner Bros. will have rights to Jay Ward (Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dudley Do Right, Underdog, George of the Jungle)

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
As Universal does not have rights to Jay Ward in Mirror Universal Studios Resort, does Disney or Warner Bros. will have rights to Jay Ward (Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dudley Do Right, Underdog, George of the Jungle)
As far as I'm concerned, no theme park companies in this Mirror universe have the rights to use Jay Ward in their parks. But, I do like to think that sometimes, Six Flags could get them. It would basically be the inverse of how the theme park IPs work nowadays -- Universal has Jay Ward and Six Flags has Looney Tunes. It's just funny to imagine the opposite in this Mirror universe, isn't it?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
if maneatingwreath fails deliver on Mirror Disneyland 3.0. will you takeover that project?
Never. Mirror Disneyland is solely MANEATINGWREATH's domain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Toy Story Land

toy-story-land-entrance-stock.jpg

“To infinity and beyond!”
In 1995, a little studio called Pixar changed the face of animation forever. It was during the Renaissance Age of Animation, when animation flourished in all formats -- movies, TV, video games. Much like how Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs revolutionized animation in film, so too did Pixar’s first outing, Toy Story, the world’s first animated feature to be created entirely with computer-generated imagery. The film was an immediate hit, garnering critical praise and box-office success, becoming the second highest-grossing film of 1995, second-only to Die Hard with a Vengeance. The film even received a special Academy Award for its innovative technology!

Thus, on June 30, 2018, Toy Story Land opened its gates at Disney’s Hollywoodland. A special path leading through the Hollywoodland Hills was added. As you go through, you notice the foliage gradually getting larger and larger, as if you yourself are shrinking. Emerging at the end of the tunnel-like path, giant blades of grass protrude among the walkways, while typically-small objects suddenly appear greater in size among the giant blades; building blocks and Legos stand at ten-feet in height, a Casey Jr. animal cracker box stands taller than an average house; Christmas lights of an unusual size string across from overhead; it seems as if we've been shrunk down to the size of a toy... The only question now is...how did Woody get to be so tall? This Woody marks the entrance to Toy Story Land, its name spelled on letter blocks, stacked high on traditional building blocks. We have been shrunk down to the size of a toy and have been personally invited by Woody, Buzz and the gang to play amid the giant blades of grass and oversized footprints in Andy’s backyard!

Our first stop is the Roundup Rodeo BBQ. Using three leftover cardboard boxes from the moving process, Andy has created his own rodeo arena. Although the western influence of Woody’s Roundup is apparent, Andy’s also taken many of his other toys to help make his arena, creating a unique, yet still endearing, environment. Here, one can enjoy an authentic Western feast, surrounded by the wild imagination of one Andy Davis. Cardboard cut-outs and giant toys depict the Toy Story gang engaging in rodeo performances. Expect to see Woody riding on Bullseye, Jessie on Trixie’s back, Bo Peep and her sheep jumping through a hoop….even Zurg is getting in on the fun!

SDD_010.jpg

Next door to the Roundup Rodeo is a different kind of roundup, this roundup being that of a full-on roller coaster! Slinky Dog Dash takes us through the miniature world of Andy’s backyard on a fast-paced race through the overgrown lawn. Hopping aboard Slinky’s back, we dart off into the wild green yonder on a thrill ride we won’t soon forget. It’s a wild ride, involving launches, gravity-defying drops, and close brushes with our toy friends, all culminating in a musical finale with Wheezy. Coincidentally, the whole of the attraction takes place on the rails of a “Mega Coaster Playset” constructed by Andy earlier in the day, the opened box of said playset creating the indoor portion of the queue.

alien-swirling-saucers-toy-story-land-07082018-1.jpg

We head further down the dirt path toward an additional attraction: Alien Swirling Saucers, a Toy Story twist on the classic carnival “whip” ride. Andy has set up one of his favorite playsets, a “Star Command” control center that he had got from Pizza Planet. Of course, the toys were eager to use this playset themselves. After hitching rockets to alien-controlled flying saucers, the toys began welcoming passers-by to take a tune-filled spin around Andy's backyard. Futuristic arrangements of Toy Story songs underscore the journey. The aliens swirl and sway around the control center, swinging their rockets - with us inside - to the sound of the synthesized melodies. And of course, in the center of it all is none other than “The Claw!”

Accessible-Attraction-Toy-Story-Mania.jpg

Across the way from these two rides, a giant box marks Andy’s latest toy acquisition: a midway-themed playset featuring our toy friends. The box is filled with all sorts of paper cut-outs themed around tents and games and ticket booths, and other such things one might find along the midway. Andy has already started to set up the cut-outs, one of them is the “tented” entrance to Toy Story Mania!

toy-story-mania.jpg

Passing behind the “Midway Games” box, we enter into Andy’s official toy chest. The chest is strewn floor-to-lid with over-sized board games, puzzles and gargantuan toys. Also in this toy chest is Mr. Potato Head, decked out like a carnival barker. The old “hockey puck” performs song and dance routines as guests wait for their turn to hit the midway. Then, we board a carnival-inspired tram, a pair of 3D glasses handy, and use a spring-action shooter to take aim at various “revisionist” games of the boardwalk. There are six fast-paced games to play:

• Pie Throw Practice Booth: Woody and Buzz help to ease guests into the game via this simple game of throwing pies at targets.
  • Hamm & Eggs: On this down-home farm, Hamm and Buttercup encourage you to throw eggs at animal-based targets.
  • Rex and Trixie’s Dino Darts: Amid the background of a cut-out volcano, throw darts at balloons.
  • Green Army Men Shoot Camp: Here, you can finally defy your mom and throw baseballs at plates!
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Flying Tossers: In this Star Command spin on the classic ring-toss game, see if you can get a ring around one of the Aliens.
  • Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Gallery: The grand finale, taking place in a setting not unlike Woody’s Roundup. Beginning in a Western town, we launch suction cups at targets, before moving on to the lonesome prairie and ending with a “dynamite” finish in the gold mine.
The experience exits out into the Toy Barrel shop, offering the finest selection of Toy Story merchandise in all of Walt Disney World Resort.

Nearby Toy Story Mania is Woody’s Lunch Box, a counter-service eatery fittingly set around an old Woody’s Roundup lunchbox. Inside the lunchbox, you’ll find some classic kiddie fare: sandwiches, tomato soup, macaroni salad, Cuties mandarin oranges, Babybel snack cheese, with unique “lunch box” tarts for dessert. Unique to the lunchbox, however, is its appetizer: Totchos. Totchos are basically nachos, except the nacho chips are swapped out with tater tots. There’s even a breakfast menu, featuring a tater tot breakfast bowl, French toast sandwiches and even a breakfast banana split!

wkdjht3y31768720-624x351.jpg

Naturally, one can meet up with Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bo Peep and Bullseye throughout the area, as well as two unique squadrons of the Green Army. First, there’s the Green Army Drum Corps, which performs throughout the day; and then, there’s the Green Army Patrol, led, naturally, by Sarge. Throughout the day, the Patrol invites all “new toys” to try their training regiment, to test how well they can play and have fun. Of course, the Patrol is on hand for meet ‘n’ greets afterward, as well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Two more lands to go! This land was a bit on the short side, however, so I may end up posting the next land later tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom