Minnie2000's trip report Oct 25th - Nov 4th

The people on this trip are me, DH, DD10, and DD6/7.

We left on the Wednesday and drove to the Gatwick Travelodge. Not to be recommended, but it was OK for one night.

On Thursday, we arrived early at the airport, and immediately had a delay. Finally took off at about 1.30, and had an easy pleasant flight to Orlando. Perhaps because we arrived late in the afternoon, we breezed through the airport - through security, immigration, bag return - wow - it was really quick!

Picked up our car from Dollar and drove to the Polynesian.

We checked in, all of us tired, grumpy and hungry after a very long day, to be told we were to be upgraded to a MK view room. We were thrilled!

We dumped everything in the room, got a quick meal at Captain Cooks, and went back to our room. The girls fell asleep immediately, and DH and I watched the MK fireworks - from the balcony!

Friday 26th October

Due to the time difference from the UK, we were all awake very early (about 4.30am). We did some unpacking and then much later on, took the monorail to the CR to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's. DD6 asked if we could sit with the monorail driver, and we did!

DSC05195.jpg

We had a great table at CM - we were lucky all holiday, as we seemed to get good tables most of the time - and enjoyed the breakfast there. We had only had dinner there before, but we much preferred the breakfast.

The girls enjoyed meeting Mickey and pals...

DSC05203.jpg

DSC05205.jpg

DSC05207.jpg

I think DD6 must have gone for more food!

DSC05208.jpg

DSC05213.jpg

minnie2000

Original Poster
Great report so far - your girls look absolutely adorable!

Yes, they look adorable in the photos, but most of the time they are fighting, well, arguing like cat and dog. I was an only child, so I am not used to it, but everyone tells me its perfectly normal!

DisneyGigi

Yes, they look adorable in the photos, but most of the time they are fighting, well, arguing like cat and dog. I was an only child, so I am not used to it, but everyone tells me its perfectly normal!

Perfectly Normal! My two (boy & girl) are trying to kill each other one minute and best friends the next. :hammer:

minnie2000

Original Poster
This is getting a bit long, so I will try to be more brief!

Wednesday

We had a bit of a lie-in and then had breakfast at 'Ohanas.

DSC05640.jpg

We went to Epcot for the afternoon, and went around the World Showcase. The girls enjoyed stamping their passports.

DSC05724.jpg

We went back to the hotel, and the girls dressed up as Alice in Wonderland and Hermione Grainger, and we went trick or treating, first in the lobby, and then in DTD.
DSC05812.jpg

DSC05813-1.jpg

DSC05811-1.jpg

DSC05814-1.jpg

DSC05832.jpg

Thursday

We got up early and got to the MK by 8.30. We went on the Astro Orbiter which we had never been on before, then the IS, Winnie the Pooh, met Ariel, and went on Dumbo. Then on to Peter Pan. After this we persuaded the girls to go on SM for the first time. We got absolutely soaked, before we went down the main drop! DD7 loved it, but DD10 was not so sure - she doesn't like getting wet!
DSC05838.jpg

DSC05851.jpg

Look how empty it is!

DSC05857.jpg

minnie2000

Original Poster
DD10 has always been a bit nervous of trying new rides, but she loves TT, so I really wanted her to try BTM. We all got in the line, but DD7 suddenly stopped and announced she was not going on. We could not persuade her, and she wouldn't go on all holiday - never mind - maybe next year. This sort of stopped DD10, too, but I persuaded her to come on with me. She screamed all the way around, but she loved it! We had to get fastpasses for later, so that she could ride again!

We had lunch at Pecos Bills, and really liked it.

Then we walked around Adventureland and met Peter Pan and Wendy, Captain Hook and Mr Smee, and Aladdin and Jasmine - all with reasonably short queues.
DSC05870.jpg

DSC05872.jpg

DSC05878.jpg

We then rode POC, Aladdin's carpets and the Tiki Room. DD10 wanted to go back to BTM and use all 4 fastpasses, but DD7 wanted to go back to the pool, so we split up. I went back to the room with DD7, but on the way, we met Rafiki and Timon (I think!), and listened to the pianist outside the hot dog place - he was fantastic. Does anyone know if it is always the same man? He was a brilliant player.

We swam and met up with the others.

Went to Epcot for a great meal in Le Cellier. Watched the British Invasion again, and then went to the little slope between the two shops to watch Illuminations. We sat on the floor with lots of other people, but then a CM took the ropes down and said that everyone could move to the front of the railings. It was the best view I've ever had. We were right in the centre of the WS, at the front, sitting on the floor. The show was amazing, and we left after that to take two tired girls home to bed!

DAKOTADISNEY

I loved your trip report! I have two DD (7 & 12) so I can relate to sisterly love/hate relationships. Where do you get the passports at Epcot? I have heard before but can't remember. We definately want to do that next time.

minnie2000

Original Poster
What a great trip report! As so many have said, your girls look so sweet and well-mannered. Makes me want kids!! :)

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

No, actually they are lovely girls (perhaps I am a bit biased, being their mother), its just when they are together, they turn into :fork: and wind each other up, especially in the back of the car, when we can't separate them!

minnie2000

Original Poster
I loved your trip report! I have two DD (7 & 12) so I can relate to sisterly love/hate relationships. Where do you get the passports at Epcot? I have heard before but can't remember. We definately want to do that next time.

We bought the passports on the way in, at a little stall, just after the bag checking area, but I think they are available in most of the stores in Epcot. I think they were about $10 each, but the girls loved doing it, and sticking all the stickers in later. When we got home, they took them into school and showed their teachers.

eagles

great trip report minnie! beautiful pictures also, it looks like we are going to have fun with the weekly scrapbook challenges, lots of disney pics coming.

minnie2000

Original Poster
It has been so busy over Christmas, that this report never got finished, so I will finish it off very briefly!

Friday 2nd November

Went shopping to Festival Mall, but didn't find much there. DD7 jumped into an ants' nest and got bitten, so we went to Supertarget because we knew there was a pharmacy there. Got some stuff for her bites, and did some shopping.

Went to MK and had Figaro Fries and then ice cream at Mrs Potts (?).

DSC05930.jpg

DSC05932.jpg

Went on some Fantasyland rides, and then headed back for a meal at the Kona Café, where DD7's wobbly front tooth finally fell out!

Saturday 3rd November

Went to MK for breakfast at CP.

Went on TTA, Stitch (for the first time - none of us very impressed) and Buzz Lightyear.

Took monorail to Epcot and went on Figment's ride (can't remember name).

DSC06051.jpg

Went to Mexico, and the girls met Donald, and made friends with a little girl called Abigail from Kent. Her Mum said that they had been told that Marie was in France. We had never seen Marie and she is a favourite of DD7. So, we spent a while longer in Epcot, walking to France and waiting for Marie, but we found her!
DSC06065.jpg

DSC06071.jpg

DSC06074.jpg

Went back to the Poly via the boardwalk, and packed our cases.

Sunday 4th November

Finished packing and checked in our cases at DTD.

Spent the rest of the day in the MK (very busy) and by the Polynesian pool, and then drove to the airport and came home.

We all had a great holiday and can't wait for next August (!!!) when we go back! We have got the free DP, but I think the heat and the crowds are going to be a big shock to us! We are planning on going to the parks for a few hours early in the mornings, and then shopping or going to the pool for the afternoons. We are also hoping to go to Discovery Cove, as I know numbers are limited there.

Hope you all enjoyed the TR!
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom