Miniature Golf any good at WDW?

TestTrack

So my next Disney vacation I would really like to try some stuff I have never done before. I like to take the parks at a "lazy" pace and just sorta take it all in. I am not the type of person you will see with an itinerary of what they are going to do and when(except for ADRs ;))

Seeing as we get a free round of mini golf with our vacation package(does that cover everyone in the room or just one person btw) I would wondering if people here thought it was any fun. I thought the courses looked well themed and it might be a good break from the parks.

If you have been, which course is better Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens?

ErickainPA

Winter Summerland is great. We have played the Winter course and thought it was fun. We were going to play Summerland on our last trip, can't recall if we did it or not, but that was going to be our next course we play.

Upvote 0

Brwneyedgirl72

Fantasia Gardens is fun - but it is a difficult course. I played with a few friends one night (after several cocktails at dinner) and we just laughed our way through the whole thing. It is a nice way to spend an evening when the weather is nice.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

I was also wondering this, because I am getting a mini golf voucher for the trip I booked as well. I am not sure what voucher means tho, one person, or all four of us? I just have not gotten around to asking our travel agent yet, we are not going for quite a long time yet.

Upvote 0

xxbradonxx

We just got back this morning from our vacation down in wdw and we went mini golfing 6 times while we where there. my son loves it so we took advantage of the 50% off next day golf deal they have. He even enjoyed the greens at fantasia gardens which is like putting greens. wintersummerland was less crowded while we are down there. My fiancee and son both like fantasia gardens a little more then wintersummerland but i prefer the later.
later
bradon

Upvote 0

Dagger

I am pretty sure the voucher is one person based on it's wording. Also, unless you are golfing alone, this gets you in there to spend more money... right?

DH and I plan to have 1 night without DD and we lurve some mini golf! Romantic, eh?

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Original Poster
I am pretty sure the voucher is one person based on it's wording. Also, unless you are golfing alone, this gets you in there to spend more money... right?

DH and I plan to have 1 night without DD and we lurve some mini golf! Romantic, eh?

It could be...

Winner gets a footrub/backrub ;)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Of course being the xmas nut that I am, I love the Winter side of WSL. BTW I was also wondering about how many tickets you get. I do know that with the AP you get 50% off mini-golf for yourself + 3 add'l guests.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Now that I think about it, I bet the voucher is for only one person. How else would they make any money off of it if they were giving away free passes to everyone who booked a vacation.

Upvote 0

Offy

You can't go wrong with either minigolf location, but I prefer Fantasia Gardens. The course is tough, but the theming is great. The only downside to that location is that there's only one traditional minigolf course. The other course there is just like a normal golf course of Wayne Zalinski got his hands on it. You've got miniature fairways, greens, sandtraps, etc. You've got to be a very good putter to not get frustrated by that course. Wintersummerland has the two different courses so if you think that you might want to try two different course you might want to head there.

Upvote 0

Leighbert

My family (ranging in age from 6 to 72) played at Winter Summerland this spring and really loved it. The course is challenging enough for the adults but not completely overwhelming for the kids. I believe that the coupon can be used for only one person so it can be a little pricy but we thought it was well worth it.

There is a pirate themed mini golf course (Pirate's Cove maybe?) near Downtown Disney that we've played several times. The cost is not much less than Winter Summerland but it's well-themed and a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Original Poster
From the sound of it, this is something I REALLY want to try :) :)

BTW if anyone has any pictures of the places I would like to see them. There are some out there but they're all pretty small.

Upvote 0

Thessair

It's a blast. I try to play at least once every time I go. Both sides of WSL seemed too easy to me overall, so I prefer Fantasia Gardens. It's a really nice change from the hectic hustle and bustle of the parks.

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Original Poster
It's a blast. I try to play at least once every time I go. Both sides of WSL seemed too easy to me overall, so I prefer Fantasia Gardens. It's a really nice change from the hectic hustle and bustle of the parks.

So do you play the themed course or the mini-real course talked about earlier?

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Original Poster
It depends on who I've gone with. If I'm on my own or with my non-golfing friends, it's usually the themed course. With the folks I know who golf, the faux-putting green side.

Would you still consider the themed course there more difficult than the winter/summerland courses?

Upvote 0

apatten22

We haven't used the mini golf certificates this year yet, but in the past they covered everyone in the room. Unless they changed the policy on them, I would think that it was the same.

We play WSL every time we go, both sides. I like the winter side with the older Christmas music; ie, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, and my DH and DD like music on the summer side, it's Beach Boys Christmas music.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom