Miniature Golf any good at WDW?

TestTrack

So my next Disney vacation I would really like to try some stuff I have never done before. I like to take the parks at a "lazy" pace and just sorta take it all in. I am not the type of person you will see with an itinerary of what they are going to do and when(except for ADRs ;))

Seeing as we get a free round of mini golf with our vacation package(does that cover everyone in the room or just one person btw) I would wondering if people here thought it was any fun. I thought the courses looked well themed and it might be a good break from the parks.

If you have been, which course is better Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens?

Thessair

Would you still consider the themed course there more difficult than the winter/summerland courses?

I believe most of the holes are. A friend of mine gets several hole-in-ones every time he plays at WSL. For the most part, too, I've usually encountered smaller crowds at Fantasia Gardens and, despite the fact that all the courses have 18 holes, the FG ones don't seem to go as fast. Mind you, I like WSL, just not as much as FG.

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Original Poster
We haven't used the mini golf certificates this year yet, but in the past they covered everyone in the room. Unless they changed the policy on them, I would think that it was the same.

We play WSL every time we go, both sides. I like the winter side with the older Christmas music; ie, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, and my DH and DD like music on the summer side, it's Beach Boys Christmas music.

Oh my DGF(I just wanted to use the D prefix because you did) would LOVE the older xmas music! :king:

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Original Poster
I believe most of the holes are. A friend of mine gets several hole-in-ones every time he plays at WSL. For the most part, too, I've usually encountered smaller crowds at Fantasia Gardens and, despite the fact that all the courses have 18 holes, the FG ones don't seem to go as fast. Mind you, I like WSL, just not as much as FG.

I can see this is going to be a hard decision! Thank you for all your input!!

Upvote 0

rimousefan84

The mini golf is wonderfully themed as you would imagine, however the course layout isnt quite as elaborate as other courses that I have played at such as Pirate's Cove or Mulligan's Island. As always it will be what you make it, if you go in not expecting much you'll be pleasantly suprised. Also if you book a package through Disney they provide you with a free round... which makes it the best minigolf place in the world!!

Upvote 0

Thessair

I can see this is going to be a hard decision! Thank you for all your input!!

If they haven't changed the policy, the 50% off your next round discount can be used between WSL and FG. Play a round at one for full price, then hop over to the other for a half-off round. If you're going to be traveling with anyone with an AP, they get a flat discount on both courses. No matter which course you pick, I think you'll have a lot of fun. Good luck with the decision! :D

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

You can take the courses at your own pace, we found Winter to be a bit of a challenge, I got stuck near the end, when the ball didn't come through the hole of the present, my DH was going to beat me per strokes, but in the end we ended up tying each other.

Loved the Christmas music, especially since I think it was March when we went. It was a whole lot of fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom