Mini Fridge Help

WDWspider

Hey, I'm going to Animal Kingdom Lodge in November. I have several Questions-

1. I have a mini-fridge of my own, is it any problem to take that with me instead of renting one?

2. Should I get a bellhop to deliver my luggage. The Hotel has an unusual setup and looks like a long way to walk? Will they take the fridge also? How much would you tip for say... 6 bags and a fridge?

3. I don't mind carrying my luggage, any suggestions for the fridge if I decide to carry my own bags?

Worldphile

Originally posted by spider-man
Hey, I'm going to Animal Kingdom Lodge in November. I have several Questions-

1. I have a mini-fridge of my own, is it any problem to take that with me instead of renting one?

2. Should I get a bellhop to deliver my luggage. The Hotel has an unusual setup and looks like a long way to walk? Will they ake the fridge also? How much would you tip for say... 6 bags and a fridge?

3. I don't mind carrying my luggage, any suggestions for the fridge if I decide to carry my own bags?

I've always heard that a bellman should be tipped $1 per bag.

Not sure what the tip is for appliances. :lol:

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Re: Re: Mini Fridge Help

Originally posted by Worldphile

I've always heard that a bellman should be tipped $1 per bag.

Not sure what the tip is for appliances. :lol:

oh I would think $20 for an Oven at least....:lol: ;)

small fridge....5bucks sounds fair..if they do it.....:)

Upvote 0

kal1484

Definatly don't carry the bags yourself, it's a LONG walk to some of the rooms. The second to last day we did find a short cut, but it was still a long walk. :D

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You should tip about a dollar per bag.

If you haven't stayed at a Disney resort the bellhops meet you at your car when you pull in. So they will pretty much take your bags without asking. So if you don't want them too make sure to tell them.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
When we were at the Boardwalk last weekend, the Valet Parkers and Bellhops did not allow guests who were not using their services to pull in at the front doors...they had to pull in "down the hill" away from the covered portion.

I tipped $1 per suitcase/backpack/cooler but not per grocery bags, tote bags, and hanging items....I "combined" everything into one $10 tip (They were counting 14 items, even though one was a cosmetic bag that had been used in the car, one was a CD case, one was a 12 pack of water, and another was a sewing bag)

I'm not sure about hotels, but at the hospital where I was employed, all larger appliances had to be checked by an electrician employed by the facility.

Upvote 0

frazierle

We brought our own Fridge to Disney twice and did not have any problems either time. There are two ways of doing it. The Bellhop or yourself. One the trip we used the bellhop (I was injured) - he had to make 2 trips including the fridge so we tipped him 20 bucks. The next trip we "borrow" a cart from the bellhops. You give them a deposit (credit card) and as long as you return the card within 30 minutes the ticket gets ripped up and doesn't cost you anything. We just brought in a dorm sized fridge not the 22 cubic foot Whirlpool, and both times we stayed at All-Star Movies.

Upvote 0

dreamer

Do you give them the tip when the bag gets to the room? Or before?

The guy who delivers to the room expects it.

Do all the WDW hotels rent refrigerators?

Upvote 0

frazierle

Pay them after they deliver your stuff, they did not appear to aggressively seek the tip, but they did not hesitate in taking it.

Yes you can rent a fridge which I did my first time there it was around 10 bucks a day. It was very small, I had to buy milk in half gallon bottles because a gallon would not fit in it. So after spending the 90.00 rental for the fridge that trip, I bought a slightly bigger one (120-140 dollars) and bring it with me. Other than keeping drinks cool in the garage it's made the last 2 trips with me and paid for itself.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Original Poster
On a side note, how does the Bellhop at the pull in work from start to finish. For Example, do you check in while they unload? When do you park the car? Anything else useful.

My fridge is a small mini Fridge, normally $90, I got it for $68 on sale at Target, so it will pay for itself this trip.

Upvote 0

frazierle

Two of the times I checked in early (before the room was ready) and went to the parks. Once we went back to the resort I then brought the vehicle around for unloading. The time I used the bellhop I pulled up waited for the wife to check in, we loaded the cart then went to the room. Same guy from start to finish. I was told however if you check in early they (bellhops) will unload your stuff and store it until the room is available then deliver it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom