Mine Train closed today?

DonaldDoleWhip

How is this even possible with the ride only being open for ONE WEEK?!?!?! TDO just constantly surprises me with their incompetence. How was the rest of the ride?
Didn't notice any other problems - the other issues I've noticed (Doc and the witch) were fine this time. But still...isn't the Snow/Dopey figure one of the easier ones to maintain?

MerlinTheGoat

I knew this would happen, the same thing did with the other New Fantasyland attractions also shortly after opening such as the broken projections at the Beauty and the Beast attraction along with Mermaid's AA figures. As happy as I was with the AA figures being better than what we expected, it was inevitable that incompetent park management wouldn't keep them working properly. Many of us saw this coming from a mile away, and that's really sad and pathetic. Whoever is responsible for this should be ashamed.

I don't even see how dancing Snow White should be difficult to maintain. It doesn't look like an impressive effect at all compared to the other figures. It looks to just be a basic figure that can vaguely "bounce" up and down and tilt slightly, and its motion around the cabin is likely achieved just by moving back and forth along a track in the floor. That should not be that difficult to keep working compared to the rest of the ride...

And the dwarf figures, while nicer looking than the old ride's figures, are not revolutionary AA's in regards to motion. Most use similar motion to figures that have been around for many decades (the Grumpy AA for instance reminds me of the POTC figure dunking the mayor in the well). And Dopey in particular uses quite simplistic looking movement (it's smooth but he doesn't seem to have nearly as many moving parts as the other dwarfs). The projections are what I expected to go wrong first, but even that has been around for many decades as well such as in Haunted Mansion. I'm sure these figures will continue to be a big issue in the future as long as WDW's park ops continue to be incompetent.

Scuttle

How is this even possible with the ride only being open for ONE WEEK?!?!?! TDO just constantly surprises me with their incompetence. How was the rest of the ride?
And yet there's actually people that defend TDO and their maintenance record.

dstrawn9889

ummm, doesnt Imagineering pay the bill for maintenance for the first 6 mo or a year after opening? to keep breakdowns from happening?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ummm, doesnt Imagineering pay the bill for maintenance for the first 6 mo or a year after opening? to keep breakdowns from happening?
It used to be that way from what I remember, but with the cutbacks being done to all departments, in order to pay the yearly bonuses for saving money, it appears that once Imagineering turns over an attraction to Operations it's their puppy altogether.

Besides, animatronics has been outsourced to Garner Holt. Perhaps GH has bitten off more than he can chew?

cw1982

All I know is the ride was down off and on all week while I was there... but this actually worked in my favor because we ended up getting an extra fastpass out of the deal and still got to ride later lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom