Mine Train closed today?

raven

Also, the dwarf who says "Heigh ho" first (Doc?) was motionless. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

This was very noticable as well when I rode on Sunday night. Are the blirds on the clock supposed to work? I've ridden this ride 3 times now and have never seen them work but looks as if they would.

It's also very diffucult to see the witch knocking at the door at the end unless you are in the front car stopped on the break area. Not sure why they would put this really good animatronic in an area that so few people would even notice.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
This was very noticable as well when I rode on Sunday night. Are the blirds on the clock supposed to work? I've ridden this ride 3 times now and have never seen them work but looks as if they would.

It's also very diffucult to see the witch knocking at the door at the end unless you are in the front car stopped on the break area. Not sure why they would put this really good animatronic in an area that so few people would even notice.

In regards to the witch I really don't mind that I don't get a perfect view of her every time. I think of it as one of those details that sometimes you see and sometimes you get just a glimpse. It adds a little variety each time I ride.

Magenta Panther

Just rode again. This time, Doc was fine, but dancing Snow/Dopey and the witch weren't moving. Whatever. Perhaps it isn't physically possible for all the AA's on a WDW attraction to move simultaneously (aside from opening week, if that).

WHAT.THE.HELL????

Isn't TDO aware of how BAD this makes them look??? The ride just opened and already things are breaking down?

The crap's going on????

DonaldDoleWhip

WHAT.THE.HELL????

Isn't TDO aware of how BAD this makes them look??? The ride just opened and already things are breaking down?

The crap's going on????
The thing is, I don't know if it actually makes them look bad to the average guest. Even with the most interesting cottage AA's motionless, I heard someone saying "that was awesome" as we exited the train. A lot of people might not realize (or care) that these figures are supposed to move.

Magenta Panther

The thing is, I don't know if it actually makes them look bad to the average guest. Even with the most interesting cottage AA's motionless, I heard someone saying "that was awesome" as we exited the train. A lot of people might not realize (or care) that these figures are supposed to move.

I guess that's why we fans have to keep riding TDO's about stuff like that. Let them know that people DO notice it, and that, thanks to the internet, word WILL get around. Although that hasn't yet worked for the broken yeti, unfortunately...

JohnD

I'm in MK right now. It closed again right around 9:30 just after I scanned my band for FP+. It's still closed as I type. There was a Disney film crew there as it broke down. Oops!

Scuttle

Totally agree about the witch, the Mine Train is down for the second time today. This is starting to get a bit serious I'm afraid.

It's a shame that SDMT is already malfunctioning. :( I understand Splash Mt because it's honestly part of the ride. But it's the newest ride that took forever to build and open... shouldn't be happening imho.

alissafalco

Perhaps I missed the post, but did someone post a reference to the ride being closed for mechanical reasons, or was it closed for some other reason? Like, perhaps for the film crew?
The OP posted that dancing snow white, dwarves, and the witch were all motionless when they rode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom