Mine Train closed today?

Scuttle

makes me wonder how will they successfully pull off pandora when they cant keep the 7D AA's going
Exactly! 64 movements in the face, are you kidding me?!? These will either be the most amazing robotics ever built (not including the honda robot of course) or the biggest letdown in the history of theme parks. The issues with 7DMT are absolutely inexcusable. My biggest beef with it is that they shut it down from roughly 5:30-8:30. They had 3 hours to fix a simple rotating AA on a brand spanking new ride and didn't do it.

Magenta Panther

Exactly! 64 movements in the face, are you kidding me?!? These will either be the most amazing robotics ever built (not including the honda robot of course) or the biggest letdown in the history of theme parks. The issues with 7DMT are absolutely inexcusable. My biggest beef with it is that they shut it down from roughly 5:30-8:30. They had 3 hours to fix a simple rotating AA on a brand spanking new ride and didn't do it.

And I'm no engineer, much less an Imagineer...but that cottage scene seems like it's based on such a simple mechanism. They just spin around a bit, right? And TDO can't even keep THAT going????
:facepalm:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
makes me wonder how will they successfully pull off pandora when they cant keep the 7D AA's going

Heck, they can't even keep Under The Sea's special effects operational or after all this time the hitchhikers at the end of the Haunted Mansion. HM continues to Fail with regularity so Dwarf doesn't surprise me at all. I'd look for the same type of Fails with Avatar, Disney is consistent that way. What Dwarf, Under the Sea, Yeti have taught us is Fans need to be supportive of Failed special effects as it is becoming the norm.

Scuttle

Heck, they can't even keep Under The Sea's special effects operational or after all this time the hitchhikers at the end of the Haunted Mansion. HM continues to Fail with regularity so Dwarf doesn't surprise me at all. I'd look for the same type of Fails with Avatar, Disney is consistent that way. What Dwarf, Under the Sea, Yeti have taught us is Fans need to be supportive of Failed special effects as it is becoming the norm.
I mean I understand that they had to do it in the heart of the recession, that's fine, but the fact is they aren't going back to their days of 10 years ago. You'd think with Potter doing what it is Disney would go back to what made it so much better. And one of the main things was keeping everything in prestine condition. I can't even get into how Small World Looked today. I'd be typing all night.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I mean I understand that they had to do it in the heart of the recession, that's fine, but the fact is they aren't going back to their days of 10 years ago. You'd think with Potter doing what it is Disney would go back to what made it so much better. And one of the main things was keeping everything in prestine condition. I can't even get into how Small World Looked today. I'd be typing all night.

I was in Small World in April. Grungy is the word I used. Disney use to tend to maintenance immediately so there was never a backlog to choose between. Now little is attended to in a timely fashion and it goes on the list, the list gets longer but the short list of what actually gets tended to gets shorter and shorter. We all saw how far they let Splash Mountain deteriorate. While your pet peeve was Small World mine was CoP. Just makes me sad to admit the Disney standard have slipped dramatically in the new millennium.

Cesar R M

Right...what happens if the mountains don't wanna float???
they will probably be floating, but their metal frames that hold them.. will be visible.

probably not a real maitenance tech present?
and the present team of maintenance were only "have you tried turning it off and on to see if it recovers" type?. lol..
on second toughs.. it isn't funny :(

Last edited:

rnese

I hear the dwarfs are threatening strike due to unsafe working conditions. Mines are a dangerous place. Seriously though, If I were "somebody" (which I am not) I would have my best people on this from the second the park closes until the rope drops in the morning.

JohnD

Anyone have updates?

It was back up for me yesterday after about 3 hours. I got on it around noon. (My 9:00-10:00 a.m. FP+ for it was converted to a FP+ for many major attrractions including mine train. I was able to board it at any time after it was back up.) But now I'm back home and can't speak to any future breakdowns.

Mike S

Now I'm really mad I wasn't there for soft openings. Probably the only chance I had to see the ride in full working condition :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom