• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

dedeldm

Lots of conflicting stories :( I guess since people the same size have different experiences it's based on where your weight is. So... Is it all about how large your legs are or how far your tummy sticks out?? Also, any experience here on Kali since they've changed to the individual seat belts? Going next week. I'm a women's size 24, about 28o and 5'6". Help! ;)) first trip and hoping to ride everything with my kids.

dedeldm

Advertisement
Some might consider me Pooh-sized, or even Baloo-sized after a Dole Whip or two. I'm 5'6", 310lbs (hey...I'm workin' on it). So when I went to WDW last week, I had some concerns about my fit on the 7DMT.

After riding it 6 times (the first 2 times within a few hours of eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe), I can say that it wasn't an issue for me. The seats themselves weren't as bad as some have made them out to be on this forum and the bar, although a bit unforgiving on the width, wasn't that much of a problem. I was able to pull it back fine over my large-ish legs.

Of course, different bodies are shaped differently, so YMMV. I can just say that I had no trouble and wasn't terribly uncomfortable during any part of the ride.

dedeldm

Thanks for sharing! I weigh 280 but all my weight is around my belly do you think I'll be okay on mine train? What about Kali River Rapids

RSoxNo1

Thanks for sharing! I weigh 280 but all my weight is around my belly do you think I'll be okay on mine train? What about Kali River Rapids
You will be uncomfortable on Mine Train, but you'll fit. You'll be fine on Kali.

bjlc57

Original Poster
has anyone found out if there is a cart outside to see if you fit? or a copy of the ride vehicle? or even just the safety bar? something so that you can test your self to see if YOU FIT?

dedeldm

I think that info helps more then peoples heights and weights ... everyone is built just a bit different. Where I carry most of my weight around my midsection but someone else might carry all their weight in their legs which would make this ride totally impossible.

I'm thinking I might be able to ride this.. though I'm still super nervous about even trying. I used to LOVE roller coasters of a all sorts but gave up on them when I put on weight about 10 yrs ago because I'm too insanely scared to be turned away for being too big.
Did you ever get to ride??

hakunamatata

Make The Universe Balanced Again
Premium Member
has anyone found out if there is a cart outside to see if you fit? or a copy of the ride vehicle? or even just the safety bar? something so that you can test your self to see if YOU FIT?
I walked by the entrance to mine train this evening and did not see a testing ride vehicle. I wasn't looking hard for it, but I was thinking as I walked by it would be nice if they had one as we have FP for it next week.

Victor Kelly

My friemd who is 6'4" could not ride, he is all legs. He is also a bigger dude, and heavy. Yet my other friend who is roughly the same height but shorter legs and similar weight could ride. As I understand it, it is really a person by person thing. It would be nice if there was a row or two that could handle the bigger (not necessarily fat) people. Lets face it some people are just bigger than the rest of us. And it is not really fair that a few due to natural body shape cannot ride. However, life isnt really fair.........

hakunamatata

Premium Member
My friemd who is 6'4" could not ride, he is all legs. He is also a bigger dude, and heavy. Yet my other friend who is roughly the same height but shorter legs and similar weight could ride. As I understand it, it is really a person by person thing. It would be nice if there was a row or two that could handle the bigger (not necessarily fat) people. Lets face it some people are just bigger than the rest of us. And it is not really fair that a few due to natural body shape cannot ride. However, life isnt really fair.........
I'm 6'2 pushing 300 (I may be over thatcliff having spent a week already at WDW). I wear a 32 inseam. I will let you know how I fare.

Last edited:

Victor Kelly

I'm 6'2 pushing 300 (I may be over tat cliff having spent a week already at WDW). I wear a 32 inseam. I will let you know how I fare.
Where do you carry most of your weight? I have my issues, 170, 5'10". I don't have as much flexibility in my back and legs as I used to because I have been hurt too many times. For me, the hips were snug, not tight, but snug. And I felt as if my legs were pushed up while sitting, I too have a 30-32 inseem depending on cut.

Disneydreamer23

Lots of conflicting stories :( I guess since people the same size have different experiences it's based on where your weight is. So... Is it all about how large your legs are or how far your tummy sticks out?? Also, any experience here on Kali since they've changed to the individual seat belts? Going next week. I'm a women's size 24, about 28o and 5'6". Help! ;)) first trip and hoping to ride everything with my kids.
I am5"6 220 pounds and I had plenty of room on both! Have fun!!

hakunamatata

Premium Member
Where do you carry most of your weight? I have my issues, 170, 5'10". I don't have as much flexibility in my back and legs as I used to because I have been hurt too many times. For me, the hips were snug, not tight, but snug. And I felt as if my legs were pushed up while sitting, I too have a 30-32 inseem depending on cut.
Fairly evenly distributed.

dedeldm

Rode mine train today. No issues. Found it super comfortable!! I'm 5'6" 275 lbs women's size 24. Totally dreaded it and it was FINE. LOVED IT.

aw14

I am5'11" 205. I have ridden it many times without issue. I have very broad shoulders and chest and have not had any issue at all

Top Bottom