mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

dadddio

Oh, I see; thank you, good sir. Wait, is that... a TestTrack 2.0 test car? As far as I know, TT isn't a difficult ride to fit into, so if they have that, then why wouldn't they have a test car for 7DMT??? What the what?!? :banghead:
Take a look at the sign behind the car. This car exists because it can be a difficult transfer for guests in wheelchairs. It also is useful for other riders like my wife who, because of an injury, has trouble getting in and out of ride vehicles with high thresholds.

Mr Anderson

Take a look at the sign behind the car. This car exists because it can be a difficult transfer for guests in wheelchairs. It also is useful for other riders like my wife who, because of an injury, has trouble getting in and out of ride vehicles with high thresholds.
Oh, I see. *feeling sheepish* I am currently using a low-res monitor and could barely read the sign. Thanks for the explanation. Sorry to hear about your wife's injury.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've never seen a line at these. Usually, you would just wait a minute while somebody is taking a pic.

Epcot_test_track_3.JPG

donald-facepalm.jpg

Mr Anderson

^^^^^

That's just as useful as creating a Primevil Whirl test car.

Yeah, I didn't know this either, but see dadddio's explanation for the TT2.0 test car. Makes perfect sense and is most definitely needed.

dadddio

Don't get too hung up on the fact that the picture is of the TT test car. It was simply the first one that I found when I googled. In my opinion, it is very useful as it allows people to determine whether or not they will be able to physically ride the ride. Not every person is limited because of their weight, after all.

dizneykev

Ok. I feel like I have to help get this to the 400 mark. We just returned from the World after a 3 week vacation. I was very concerned about fitting as I am definitely one of those larger guys. I run about 325 and am 6 feet tall. I have a large chest and mid section. I fit without much issue. To compare this, I was unable to ride ANY of the thrill rides at Universal, these include Mummy, Hulk, Dragons, Forbidden Journey and Escape from Gringott's. I mention these just to give perspective. Disney definitely does better than other parks at building ride systems for people of size, but there are limits.

Mr Anderson

Ok. I feel like I have to help get this to the 400 mark. We just returned from the World after a 3 week vacation. I was very concerned about fitting as I am definitely one of those larger guys. I run about 325 and am 6 feet tall. I have a large chest and mid section. I fit without much issue. To compare this, I was unable to ride ANY of the thrill rides at Universal, these include Mummy, Hulk, Dragons, Forbidden Journey and Escape from Gringott's. I mention these just to give perspective. Disney definitely does better than other parks at building ride systems for people of size, but there are limits.
YOU WERE AT WDW FOR THREE WEEKS?!? Color me insanely jealous!!!

So it seems 7DMT is a very odd ride; I've seen people your size say they fit without issue, and others a good bit lighter and several inches shorter (for example, a tiny petite woman) say it was "super snug", so I think it's all about perception, tolerance, and expectations. Thanks for the detailed info, btw. I'm glad you got to ride.

Mr Anderson

It really depends on how one's weight is distributed.
True, however, an individual such as @dizneykev who said they are 6'0", 325 lbs "fit without much issue" and yet, @Lipinski82 who said they are 5'4", 115 lbs felt "SQUISHED" and "absolutely crammed" in the seat. Confusing, no? Mrs/Miss Lipinski doesn't have much weight to distribute at all and felt SQUISHED! But dizneykev didn't seem to have any complaints (or at least didn't share any).

So, again I say I think it's about perception, tolerance, and expectations... with an added amendment of "how one's weight is distributed". How's that? ;)

Oooh we're so close to #400 I can TASTE it! :hungry:

dizneykev

I would not have described the experience as "roomy" and it is a tight vehicle regardless of size. However, my thighs were not pushed together or my knees tightly crammed between the bars. Like many other things in life, experiences may vary. I do agree that a test bench somewhere would be a nice enhancement. I would guess that if there is a lot of time lost with riders not fitting, they will eventually add such a seat.

Mr Anderson

I would not have described the experience as "roomy" and it is a tight vehicle regardless of size. However, my thighs were not pushed together or my knees tightly crammed between the bars. Like many other things in life, experiences may vary. I do agree that a test bench somewhere would be a nice enhancement. I would guess that if there is a lot of time lost with riders not fitting, they will eventually add such a seat.
Ah, I see. I am glad to hear your thighs/knees weren't crammed in there; we're headed to WDW in December, and that was definitely a concern of mine going in from a lot of the feedback I've seen here. But, I guess we all fit differently.

And I wholeheartedly agree about a test seat; it is certainly needed based on the feedback here and on many, many other sites as well. How unbelievably disappointing and/or embarrassing it must be, and what a huge time kill to stand in line for any amount of time only to find out you don't fit. I am glad to hear that when people have not fit, that Disney gives out free FastPasses. Good on them.

However, to add something new to the discussion, it MUST slow the flow of the ride down every time someone gets on, doesn't fit, and has to get back off, right? So Disney has to see a need for a test car not only for saving face for guests (more important!) but also for keeping 7DMT running smoothly. They'd have to be blind at this point not to see it.

SagamoreBeach

Congrats on posting the 400th!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom