mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

emh1960

I am 5' 10" (woman) and 155 pounds and I even thought it was snug!!!!
The carts are actually wood! Thats amazing. But it was a hard, uncushioned ride. The ride closes A LOT in the summer. It was down numerous times last week because of the possibility of lightning in the area. My FP+ that I booked in May was of no use, it was down the whole evening I was there. There were no other FP+ available the whole week of our trip. So we got to the park around opening, and waited in a 75 minute standby line, that really was about 60 min. It was worth it. The ride is adorable and fun! Love the swinging. We also got in a fast standby line one evening by checking MDE at the right time, the ride had just opened after a weather closure, and we only waited about 20 min.

dstrawn9889

I am 5' 10" (woman) and 155 pounds and I even thought it was snug!!!!
The carts are actually wood! Thats amazing. But it was a hard, uncushioned ride. The ride closes A LOT in the summer. It was down numerous times last week because of the possibility of lightning in the area. My FP+ that I booked in May was of no use, it was down the whole evening I was there. There were no other FP+ available the whole week of our trip. So we got to the park around opening, and waited in a 75 minute standby line, that really was about 60 min. It was worth it. The ride is adorable and fun! Love the swinging. We also got in a fast standby line one evening by checking MDE at the right time, the ride had just opened after a weather closure, and we only waited about 20 min.
they most certainly are NOT made of Wood, they would be too heavy to run. besides disney was showing how they painted the FIBERGLASS to look like real wood mine carts...

Pixie VaVoom

Exactly.

With all due respect to everyone who is still posting here, this thread has been doing nothing but going in circles for two months now. I think this thread can be summed up in three sentences (leaving out the emotional aspects):

1) Not everyone will fit this ride.
2) It sucks that people are getting embarrassed because they wait an hour or more to be bumped out of the boarding area in front of everyone.
3) Disney should prevent this by having a sample seat outside of the queue entrance to save guests the time wasted and the embarrassment of encountering point #2.

Other than that, this is going nowhere fast. I'm sympathetic to the people who couldn't ride, just as much as anyone can be, but let's take a step back and see if anything else of use can really be added here. I can't think of anything.

I think that Disney should also have a car at the end of each train that has plus-sized seats and restraints accordingly. within reason of course...I mean someone with a BMI of over 50 will probably not fit in MOST amusement rides...and they know it. But hey, cut folks a little slack and play along here Disney. it isn't like they aren't still paying the entrance fees!! but after all...THIS Baby's got BACK !! OK, and front.

emh1960

they most certainly are NOT made of Wood, they would be too heavy to run. besides disney was showing how they painted the FIBERGLASS to look like real wood mine carts...

Whoops, MY mistake. I noticed all the log theming throughout the queue, and realized it was either concrete or fiberglass, but when I got in the ride, the car really seemed and felt like wood, and I asked the ride attendant and she said yes!

awilliams4

It was down numerous times last week because of the possibility of lightning in the area.

They close it when there is lightning within the area. I can't recall what the definition of in the area is though but they don't just close it because someone thinks there is some coming. There are defined static scenarios that they follow.

PrincessNelly_NJ

At Carowinds here in the Charlotte, NC area, for rides with tighter body size limitations they put a car mock-up at the entrance for people to size themselves BEFORE getting in line. I know UNI does this as well at the Hulk ride, because I tried it and don't fit primarily because of my shoulders and hips (6'2" built like an NFL linesman including the belly).
Uni does that at a few other rides too. Six Flags does too. Disney just doesn't seem to want too.

Bocabear

My partner and I are not small... both a little chunky, me a lot more... We fit on the ride no problem...
It is not as small as the UNI rides by any means...

dadddio

There are ways to state your opinion without being rude or demeaning. That's all I am trying to say :)
His underlying point was a good one, however.

Your point seems to be that if a person cannot ride other rides, then he shouldn't be surprised if he can't ride this one. What Mikah was pointing out was that a person might be able to ride all of those other rides. The mine train might be the only ride that he is unable to ride.

Surely, you must agree that it would be a bummer to wait in a long line with your child only for you both to be turned away because you cannot fit in it, while you can ride every other ride that you've tried.

Sped2424

His underlying point was a good one, however.

Your point seems to be that if a person cannot ride other rides, then he shouldn't be surprised if he can't ride this one. What Mikah was pointing out was that a person might be able to ride all of those other rides. The mine train might be the only ride that he is unable to ride.

Surely, you must agree that it would be a bummer to wait in a long line with your child only for you both to be turned away because you cannot fit in it, while you can ride every other ride that you've tried.
Continuing an argument that has been done for a while, why?
Also
Several times, love the ride and as I have said I am a guy with huge thighs and butt and I fit the ride just fine, snug but fine. My point that you demonized from the get go was that if you can fit on space mountain you can fit on the mine train. I stand by the point, I could understand that if you had no idea how small the seats are it would be disappointing and that is troubling. But this isn't the tightest fit in walt disney world so what I was trying to say was if you know that you can't fit on space, fitting on the mine train is probably out of the question.

Sped2424

Your second point simply isn't true. It is not accurate that every person so can ride space mountain can ride 7d. I guess that's why you keep seeing people continuing the conversation, because you keep posting stuff that is not accurate.
I was only posting to defend my point and state that I did find it troubling that there was no model or reference for guests outside which you ignored completely. Again forgive me for making such terrible accusations.

Castle Cake Apologist

To be fair, I'm almost 6'1" and pretty fit and I can only fit comfortably in the front seat on Space. If 7DMT has less room than Space, I can certainly see where there could be an issue.

We generally compensate guests that get to Load and don't fit into the vehicles. Unfortunately, there's no way to make sure everybody fits on every ride in the parks.

Last edited:

dadddio

To be fair, I'm almost 6'1" and pretty fit and I can only fit comfortably in the front seat on Space. If 7DMT has less room than Space, I can certainly see where there could be an issue.

We generally compensate guests that get to Load and don't fit into the vehicles. Unfortunately, there's no way to make sure everybody fits on every ride in the parks.
I don't believe that anyone expects to be able to fit on every ride. I just think that people would like to know before they wait in a long line and build the expectation in their children.

jlsHouston

Weird, but Josh from Easy-wdw posted on twitter a picture of himself and a stranger on the mine train to show how cramped it is and how your legs must fit in the safety bar.
Bov-fr8IgAEaqYQ.jpg

Wow that is tight.....

Mr Anderson

To piggy-back, I am 6'2" and I was just telling my wife yesterday that Space Mountain is one of the most uncomfortable rides in the park for me, unless I ride in the front. Otherwise, my knees stick up like an adult riding a kid's tricycle, and the CMs are usually in a rush to load SM (can I sit down, please?) and it's very OUCH getting in. So I can see the point trying to be made here.

As far as making sure everyone fits... I hope they do make a test vehicle outside of the ride so people that aren't sure they will fit can double check before waiting in line. But as popular as the ride must be at the moment, and as inattentive as some people are, faces down in their smartphones and all, ignoring CMs, I could see that backfiring right now and some people waiting in the wrong line.
"WAIT, you're telling me I waited in line for 30 minutes just to see if I fit?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?"
I don't remember ever riding a ride with a test car; how does it work exactly for feeding people to the test car?

PS I predicted this thing would get to 400 posts; WE WILL GET THERE... one way or the other!!! :devilish:

Mr Anderson

I've never seen a line at these. Usually, you would just wait a minute while somebody is taking a pic.

Epcot_test_track_3.JPG
Oh, I see; thank you, good sir. Wait, is that... a TestTrack 2.0 test car? As far as I know, TT isn't a difficult ride to fit into, so if they have that, then why wouldn't they have a test car for 7DMT??? What the what?!? :banghead:
2850356021_eb4d1d9c4c.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom