Mine Ride Construction Update

Mawg

Are they leaving that netting up or what? It is starting to look more and more permanent. :mad:
It appears that way as it is somewhat blended into the theming. That little fence doesn't look like it would stop people from trying to get a closer picture. So it looks like the mesh might be a necessary evil.

Scuttle

It appears that way as it is somewhat blended into the theming. That little fence doesn't look like it would stop people from trying to get a closer picture. So it looks like the mesh might be a necessary evil.
I'm curious though because on the other side it doesn't appear there is any netting.

wdwDawg

Agreed that early April doesn't look good. I was optimistic a couple of weeks ago for our 4/7 trip but haven't seen much progress at all since then, apart from trains running (very) sporadically

danv3

Agreed that early April doesn't look good. I was optimistic a couple of weeks ago for our 4/7 trip but haven't seen much progress at all since then, apart from trains running (very) sporadically

I'm starting to feel the same way (visiting April 3-6), but I do think the final stages could happen really quickly. I timed the soft openings of the Little Mermaid just right so I'm hoping to do the same here!

Last edited:

djkidkaz

From what I've seen, the little bit they have left to do there is no way they could drag this out much longer unless there is interior work to be done. They have a few patches of grass left to do on the mountain and then have the landscape crew come in and finish landscaping the entrance queue area and the storybook side.

orky8

From what I've seen, the little bit they have left to do there is no way they could drag this out much longer unless there is interior work to be done. They have a few patches of grass left to do on the mountain and then have the landscape crew come in and finish landscaping the entrance queue area and the storybook side.

Any word on cast member training? I think that will be more indicative than anything else.

frontman

Gosh, it sure seems a little much to get worked up one way or another about this. I mean, the ride has not even opened yet and people have such strong feeling about whether its any good or not. If you've ridden on it, then I think a person's opinion carries some weight, as a reviewer. At this point, I don't think many forum members have ridden... :) Why can't it just be fun to see pics and videos of the attraction as we wait for it to open? I'm looking forward to being there with my kids and family in May. Lots of struggles in this life - WDW is a fun escape for me and mine. I hope its not a source of angst for too many here...
Well said!!!

Sped2424

They haven't even started yet. The CMs who would be working Mine Train would already have schedules at their current locations through 3/21.
I need to check back with my cast member friend then, perhaps he stated they were starting on the 20th and I got it jumbled up.

Fettman87

My family and I are going to be there 3/18 -3/22 and was really hoping that we might have a chance at soft openings but I think my luck has run out on that one :( At least Splash Mountain should be open the last day there. Love that one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom