Mine Ride Construction Update

Soarin' Over Pgh

...Now that's an interesting photo for a few reasons.

If you ignore the thatched roof... and simply look at the skyline itself... the rock work, leading up to Prince Eric's Faux Castle resembles TLM movie. I'll see if I can get some screencaps later (at work right now) but that's interesting how it kinda fits. From this angle, it doesn't look like a mine train ride, it looks like rockwork leading to Prince Eric's Faux Castle.

That alone, looks great. :)

The thatched roof looks good... is this a walk-through or part of the queue, or part of the ride itself? I'm a little turned around, to be honest... when I was there last year none of this was really visible from this angle. :\

orky8

...Now that's an interesting photo for a few reasons.

If you ignore the thatched roof... and simply look at the skyline itself... the rock work, leading up to Prince Eric's Faux Castle resembles TLM movie. I'll see if I can get some screencaps later (at work right now) but that's interesting how it kinda fits. From this angle, it doesn't look like a mine train ride, it looks like rockwork leading to Prince Eric's Faux Castle.

That alone, looks great. :)

The thatched roof looks good... is this a walk-through or part of the queue, or part of the ride itself? I'm a little turned around, to be honest... when I was there last year none of this was really visible from this angle. :\

This is essentially looking from between the new castle walls that were erected. The cottage is reported to only be a show scene from the mine coaster, though we'll have to see when it opens, as it could I suppose also be visible from the exit queue. Perhaps after @photoflight 's next update we'll know more :), but based on the diagram @Lee drew, you might be able to get close to the cottage after exiting. It's an awfully big building for just a show scene with no walk through element, if you ask me. We'll know soon enough, though.

CheekBoys

O it is not at all lol it is a huge plus.....it is older and cuts off the already installed animatronics, because that aspect Disney wants to be the WOW factor so they only showed what was filmed coaster wise without all of the show elements in place.
So is that really the whole ride just without the animatronics?

DisneyConstruction23

So is that really the whole ride just without the animatronics?
No...they cut a few parts out and other show elements out as well.....Those animatronics that were not on shown (the part not shown) are the ones I have seen and the ones I have been describing all this time.....We finished up the other area back in December so IDK if they had added animatronics since then.

alissafalco

Did people notice around 1:05-06 of the video, if you look all the way on the right, it still looks like a construction zone with a lot of work to do :(

MerlinTheGoat

Is rather odd they're withholding newer show details from the ride. Either they're saving some of the show elements to surprise us, OR they're trying to hide the ride's show scenes not being anything special. Hopefully the former, but kind of odd nonetheless given their hyping of past elements. All other parts of the FLE we basically knew in and out well before anything even opened thanks to the blog spoilers. Even long before the Little Mermaid ride was close to opening we saw tons of video blogs about the interior figures and animatronics, essentially having seen the entirety of the ride well before opening. It's very uncharacteristic of Disney to not want to hype even the most basic of show elements, so the handing of the Mine Train is very odd. They had specials dedicated to even heavily incomplete versions of the Little Mermaid animatronics before they'd been completely painted and skinned properly. And the more cheap figures scattered around the ride had a ton of press as well. Why are they holding back on the Mine Train show elements? Again is it because they're great and want it to be a pleasant surprise, or are they so unspectacular that they've been deemed unworthy of talking about?

I hope what @DisneyConstruction23 has stated so far ends up being absolutely right. I was already looking forward to this ride within reasonable expectations, but having some quality animatronics would be a very nice plus. If you're right about that, i'm more than glad to eat crow about that (I mean how can any of us be upset about a Disney ride being better than we thought). We'll see whether you end up being right, still not getting my hopes up though based on past disappointment with recent Disney World rides, but hopeful. Again, dunno why they haven't released more info about the figures but hopefully your reasoning for them holding back the good stuff ends up being correct.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom