Millionaire Replacement??

Kadee

I didn't think Power Rangers were still around! Shows what I know, huh? Anyway, I like Millionaire. I was second once and 4th once. We got to sit up front where the real contestants sit on the real show. We had a lot of fun. I hope they don't get rid of it any time soon. And they definitely need to do something with the old "Doug" building no matter what they do with Millionaire.

CaptainMichael

jrriddle said:
If they want a stunt show that appeals to "tweens" wouldn't Kim Possible be a better choice?
I'd prefer a darkride myself -Great Muppet Movie Ride or a Roger Rabbit Car-toon-spin (or something Roger Rabbit).
3 stunt shows seem a little much.

Kim Possible=YES!....Power Rangers=NO!!! Kim Possible is very popular right now and will one day make her way into the park. That being said, I would much rather have a new ride at the Disney Studios.....[cough]Indiana Jones Adventure[cough]

Figment1986

Can we have the show not involve power rangers...

(disney got the rights for all of them in America.... and started a series of it themselfs called Dino Thunder... it is showed on ABC Family and Tooon disney on Jetex... Why Toon disney i dont know...)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Kingdom Hearts- :)
Power Rangers- :fork:

(but it's Screamscape giving this rumor.... :lol: )

Even though it's fun to see once in a while, I'm not really into WWTBAM-PI anymore. If it goes, I won't be crying. Armageddon (or something of the same kind) would be a great addition.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I think Armageddon would be a good addition to the studios, but it isn't really family friendly. It seems odd that they would take out an attraction that gets decent numbers for a show when they have an unused stage (hunchback stage is still there right?) and empty space in other parts of the park. I suppose stranger things have happened.

BeachClubVillas

Original Poster
GoofBall06 said:
What kind of prizes do you win if you make it to the hot seat?

You get a pin for every question you answer correctly. For the 1,000 point plateau, you get a baseball cap, and for the 32,000 point plateau you get a shirt that says you made it into the hot seat and won. If you make it to the million and get it right, you win a trip on a Disney cruise for four!

maxime29

Premium Member
MGM needs attractions to stay, not go. The park is already stacked on one side (Sunest Boulevard); they need to keep an attraction over on the other side of the park.

imagineerfan

BeachClubVillas said:
Hi all...

I just found this on the Screamscape website. Keep in mind how "reliable" they tend to be.

2005/2006 - New Action Show - Rumor - (8/20/04) Screamscape sources tell us that there are a couple of really odd concepts floating around out there for a possible new live action show to replace Who Wants to be a Millionare when they are ready to close it down. Millionare may close sooner than later due to the fact that the California version of Millionare is set to close forever today. The overall theme for the new shows I’ve heard about seem to involve action but with a family friendly atmopshere... so I guess they are looking to make a mini-stunt show for the Tweens. The first concept up is a possible live show based on the seemingly endless Power Ranger series, while the other would involve an extended union between Diseny and SquareEnix to bring the Kingdom Hearts universe out of the Playstation and into the

Millionaire sound stage.

Is it true that the DCA version is closing today? I was there about two weeks ago and it was filled. I hope its not taken out...

disnyfan89

BeachClubVillas said:
You get a pin for every question you answer correctly. For the 1,000 point plateau, you get a baseball cap, and for the 32,000 point plateau you get a shirt that says you made it into the hot seat and won. If you make it to the million and get it right, you win a trip on a Disney cruise for four!
when you win the million you also get a leather jacket and a medal thing!!

General Grizz

Testtrack321 said:
Power Rangers?

Oh. Dear. God. No.

I have a good feeling this is one of those wild Screamscape rumors that pop up even once in a while.
My sentiment is with you.

:hurl:

P.S. Who cares about Millionaire. Get on the PHONE A COMPLETE STRANGER. :p

Legacy

I would love to see a Kingdom Hearts show (although a dark ride would be better). The characters are amazing, and I think it was done correctly it would be a huge hit.

Goofster

Well, let's see, DCA is probably loosing Millionaire for The Much Anticipated West Coast Rock 'N Roller Coaster, right? Maybe. If there's one thing the Studios doesn't need it's another Stunt Show. 3 stunt shows, no matter what the tone of this rumored one, are definitely not needed. Power Rangers would be pretty stupid, and I think definitely meet a lot of controversy from the Disney fan community, we can swallow some non-disney products in the parks, but they have to be high quality productions, like Indy, Star Wars, and the Wizard of Oz. Keep the Power Rangers out. Kingdom Hearts, however, would be wicked cool. Anyway, in a perfect world, Millionaire would stay open and Armageddon would go into the unused Backlot Soundstage and the empty Doug Theater would be fixed up and Cinemagic from Walt Disney Studios Paris starring Martin Short would go in there. But until then, we'll wait and see what the Motor Stunt Show does for the Studios, and maybe more importantly, the infrastructure of the park.

BeachClubVillas said:
Hi all...

I just found this on the Screamscape website. Keep in mind how "reliable" they tend to be.

2005/2006 - New Action Show - Rumor - (8/20/04) Screamscape sources tell us that there are a couple of really odd concepts floating around out there for a possible new live action show to replace Who Wants to be a Millionare when they are ready to close it down. Millionare may close sooner than later due to the fact that the California version of Millionare is set to close forever today. The overall theme for the new shows I’ve heard about seem to involve action but with a family friendly atmopshere... so I guess they are looking to make a mini-stunt show for the Tweens. The first concept up is a possible live show based on the seemingly endless Power Ranger series, while the other would involve an extended union between Diseny and SquareEnix to bring the Kingdom Hearts universe out of the Playstation and into the Millionaire sound stage.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Millionaire!

Maby this is just false information.

They always pack them in on every show i have been to!

GoofBall06 said:
Exciting Prize Stuff! :) Are there any age restrictions to go in the hot seat?

children under 10 can have a parent to go up there to help them

No Age Restrictions!!!

You can't win prizes if

1) You are a disney cast member
2) You have been in the hotseat in the last 30 days

chrisps

I think that the millonalor show should stay becuse I like the show. I think that the show should be updated to super milloonair I wach that show when ever I have a change to. I think that the doug bulding should become a rollercoaster or a dark ride like a sping wild mouse in the dark themed to roger rabbit. I aslo think that the studieos needs a new ride someting relly thirlling like a wild rollercoaster with invesons something like rock r roller coaster or storm runner at hersheypark but in the dark themed to a simsonsons ride I love to wach the simsonsons and I hope that they get a new ride I like rock n roller coaster and the tower of terror. I have qustion about the tower of terror way is the tower at 199 feet tall and the drop only 130 feet?

Goofster

Nah, WDW doesn't need anymore spinning wild mouse coasters. One is enough, one is maybe too many. Well, at least Primeval Whirl isn't as hideous as Mulholland Madness, right?

And if you look at a picture of The Tower of Terror, you'll notice that the shafts aren't as tall as the tower itself. Each shaft needs a lot of machinery at the top of the shaft to do the lifting and dropping, somewhat like a normal elevator. So that's why it only drop 130ft and the tower is 199ft.

brisem

I liked Millionaire and think it should stay. If it's going to be replaced, go with Kim Possible (a Disney original) rather than Power Rangers (80's import).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom