Millionaire Replacement??

imagineerfan

chrisps said:
I think that the millonalor show should stay becuse I like the show. I think that the show should be updated to super milloonair I wach that show when ever I have a change to. I think that the doug bulding should become a rollercoaster or a dark ride like a sping wild mouse in the dark themed to roger rabbit. I aslo think that the studieos needs a new ride someting relly thirlling like a wild rollercoaster with invesons something like rock r roller coaster or storm runner at hersheypark but in the dark themed to a simsonsons ride I love to wach the simsonsons and I hope that they get a new ride I like rock n roller coaster and the tower of terror. I have qustion about the tower of terror way is the tower at 199 feet tall and the drop only 130 feet?

Sorry to be off topic, but where in lancaster are you from?

On topic: I think before they close Millionaire at DCA, they need to do something with the empty SuperStar Limo building next door. That area of HSB will seem really empty with both attractions gone. IMHO

Rcoaster809

I don't think Millionaire will leave MGM anytime soon. It really brings in a lot of people, and it is fun. I was there during the ESPN Weekend editions, and the hosts always talked about how that was kind of a trial, and that they may be doing other themed Millionaires.

They really should do something with the Doug building, that is a good location, and I have only seen Sounds Dangerous once back in 99, so I would like to see it one more time before it goes, but if I dont, it won't bother me.

One question about the Hunchback Theater: With the new San Fransisco thing, is the theater still useable? Getting people into that area of the park would really help crowd control, along with the new Stunt Show.

KaliSplash

Well, my vote would be to keep Millionaire. I've made it onto the leaderboard a couple of times, but not into the Hot seat. But I really enjoy the show. (And the fabulous prizes!!)
As to the Doug building, I would prefer to see a revival of SuperStar TV. That was always a favorite. I realize it is apparently manpower intensive, but it's a good show, even if you're out in the audience watching. (I made it onto the various segments on at least a half dozen occasions as various people.
I think the Hunchback stage is gone, with the renovations and additional scenes there.
As to the possibility of three stunt shows, I expect Indy may disappear once the Motor Stunt show opens. I only hope they replace it with something good. Like Disneyland's Indy adventure.

WDWhumanmap

my friend mark has a friend whom works at millionaire and there is no sign or mention to anyone involved that millonarie is closing anytime soon. the reason rumored over from dca on their closure is that it did not bring in that many people like it does at ds.
so all of us who still play it! can breath because it is not closing anytime soon.
if it does though there is no word on what it will be. but why close down millonaire don't they have enough space?
what about indy no offense but the way disney thinks and we all know how they think they might not want 2 stunt shows in one place.
i still miss superstar television so i am still upset about that :cry: so if they close millonaire there is something truly unreliable going on behind closed doors.

Legacy

WDWhumanmap said:
my friend mark has a friend whom works at millionaire and there is no sign or mention to anyone involved that millonarie is closing anytime soon. the reason rumored over from dca on their closure is that it did not bring in that many people like it does at ds.
There also wasn't a sign or any mention when Toad or 20K closed either. Just because it hasn't been advertised, doesn't mean it won't happen. Personally, I think they need to drop the show simply because the popularity of the property is down. It may be "packed" every time you go, but how many of those in the audience are Annual Pass holders who play the game every week? That is one of the big reasons why DCA is losing thier version of the show (as well as make way for RnRC). Personally, those soundstages are prime for a D-E Ticket dark ride that MGM desperately needs.

dxwwf3

Legacy said:
There also wasn't a sign or any mention when Toad or 20K closed either. Just because it hasn't been advertised, doesn't mean it won't happen. Personally, I think they need to drop the show simply because the popularity of the property is down. It may be "packed" every time you go, but how many of those in the audience are Annual Pass holders who play the game every week? That is one of the big reasons why DCA is losing thier version of the show (as well as make way for RnRC). Personally, those soundstages are prime for a D-E Ticket dark ride that MGM desperately needs.

Exactly. If Disney wants to use a certain piece of property for a new attraction, they will replace just about anything outside of the major thrill rides. This is a prime spot for a new attraction and I hope we see something new there soon. Either a dark ride or a special effects show (like Armageddon) would be the best thing they could put there. Hopefully we will see no Power Rangers or Kim Possible (whoever that is) kiddie stunt shows. I vote for the Armageddon show, but I could go for a D ticket dark ride as well.

kennyj29

Millionaire

I don't think Millionaire should close right now it's still fun to do! However, the Armagedden idea is wonderful and it's on my family's top 10 FAVORITE movies, so we would love it!!! I hope they do fill in that "Doug" area, such a waste of space!!!!

dxwwf3

kennyj29 said:
I don't think Millionaire should close right now it's still fun to do! However, the Armagedden idea is wonderful and it's on my family's top 10 FAVORITE movies, so we would love it!!! I hope they do fill in that "Doug" area, such a waste of space!!!!

Even though the buliding wouldn't look like the show, they could move Millionare to the old Superstar Television building and keep the theater the way it is. Just add the touchbutton pads to the back of the seats. You could have bigger capacity and you could add that new attraction to the current Millionare soundstage. I do not know if they could do this as easy as it seems, but it does seem like a good, cheap way to have the best of both worlds.

Could this work guys?

DarkMeasures

It would be neat to see a Kingdom Hearts attraction there becuase Videogames are a form of Media. I would though rather see maybe some Darkrides or something along that manner.

disnyfan89

dxwwf3 said:
Even though the buliding wouldn't look like the show, they could move Millionare to the old Superstar Television building and keep the theater the way it is. Just add the touchbutton pads to the back of the seats. You could have bigger capacity and you could add that new attraction to the current Millionare soundstage. I do not know if they could do this as easy as it seems, but it does seem like a good, cheap way to have the best of both worlds.

Could this work guys?
Wouldn't it make more sense then to turn the Doug building into a new ride building!! You could also connect the Sounds Dangerous building to the theater to make more space!!!

Chux

BeachClubVillas said:
I really hope you're right. I know the Millionaire show in California wasn't popular, but the Florida one seems to still pull in good numbers. And another show/attraction geared towards tweens would be awful IMO. Besides, what tween wants to go see Power Rangers?????

Holy Cow. I'm 22 and if they put Power Rangers in there I'd go see every show every day that I'm down in WDW.

Edit: Kingdom Hearts would also rock my face thoroughly.

dxwwf3

disnyfan89 said:
Wouldn't it make more sense then to turn the Doug building into a new ride building!! You could also connect the Sounds Dangerous building to the theater to make more space!!!

Would it be big enough though? That's the problem. Even with both theaters connected that area still wouldn't be all that big. I was just trying to think of a way to keep Millionare. I just hope they use that big soundstage for something worthwhile.

And they like to keep that theater for special events. I just think it would make more sense to add a good attraction to the current Millionare show building and if they wanted to keep Millionare they could put it in the Superstar Television building (I'll never refer to Doug Live being in there. It was a disgrace). If they don't want to keep Millionare, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Chux

brisem said:
I liked Millionaire and think it should stay. If it's going to be replaced, go with Kim Possible (a Disney original) rather than Power Rangers (80's import).

I didn't want to get started about the Rangers, but here goes anyway. :p

As for the 80's import shot. The First domestic power rangers came on in 92-93. Yes, it was garbage and all of the footage of Rita was straight from Japan. After that we got Zedd, which was not in a Japanese show ever, then we got a season with Zedd and Rita, so they had to get somebody else to play Rita, who looked surprising like her Japanese counterpart (Bandora) Every year after that, the Japanese would make a series, then it would become Americanized the next year. Case in point, lets say in 1994, OhRanger! came out in Japan, it would last a year, and then halfway through the series Saban got ahold of it, and would create new and unique storylines based on the footage they had. Basically the only things that were old were the big robot vs monster of the day fight.

Fast Forward today, with Dino Thunder. This is based on Abaranger in Japan, that aired last year. So far Abaranger, and Dino Thunder have nothing to do with eachother, aside from some footage being used. So, it's not like they're just dubbing over the Japanese show.

After this rant, I realize that it'd be a pain for them to do a Power Rangers show, because every year, they'd have to re-do it, with the new rangers and villains.

Sorry for the rant. :D

BwanaBob

Overall?...

No chance. Still pulls in too many people.

Also would not surprise me if it went back to a working sound-stage for something because...
if you remember, there is a lot of that former 'tour' that has been closed or changed (old Haunted Mansion set, catwalks, One Man's Dream...)
Heck...I'd be happy if they brought the old tour back somehow.

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Ok the reason the millionare "seems" full every time is becasue most people are AP's. I was appauled at how many people I saw that were wearing the "hot seat" hats and pins. It wasn't a big shocker to see 2 out of the three hot seat people were the ones who already had the hot seat hats. It's just the same old people going day after day and they are taking away the "first timers" chance of making into the seat. I made the board but was nowhere close to making the hotseat w/ all the dang AP's! lol

BTW I'm a 20 y/o who still watches Power Rangers also... :lookaroun *I know sad huh?* I used to be obsessed w/ that show when I was younger and I recently started watching again once Disney took over. It wouldn't surprise me to see them make use of the Power Ranger franchise now that they own it. Personally I think the Power Rangers are popular again with little kids. I'm not saying they should make it a show, but I'm not ruling it out.

*BTW the Hunchback stage was still there when I was at MGM earlier this month*

Brooke

I hope they don't replace it anytime soon. I've become obsessed with it ever since I got into the hot seat. I wanna win the cruise next time!!

Coasterbp

I think someone on Screamscape got their Soundstages confused. Millionaire isn't going anywhere. But there IS soundstage NEAR millionaire that really isn't getting used anymore that a Power Ranger attraction is rumored to go into....Anyone remember the Haunted Mansion sets?.........ah! it's starting to make sense now....and Jesus Juice, not ALL people going to millionaire are APs....not so much as what was going on at DCA, but there are still a few....

The Backlot Theater still exists, but you'll never see a show there anymore. It's currently where all of the Osborne lights and figures are being stored.

dxwwf3

Coasterbp said:
I think someone on Screamscape got their Soundstages confused. Millionaire isn't going anywhere.

Darn. I got my hopes up. Maybe a larger scale ride/show will find it's way to that soundstage in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom