Million Dreams eligibility?

FLears

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I hate to start off with a question but we're headed to WDW for the day tomorrow.

I am a "Cast Member" at the Disney Store of course no longer owned by Disney. So if I were to be so lucky to be picked by the Dream Squad would I be eligible? Since regular CM's still get their discount with us and we have Park incentive programs, I suppose we are affiliated in a weird way but certainly not employed by "the company" as it says in the official rules.

Any insight on this grey area would be appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

T.
FL res season passholder

LilRoo714

I'm pretty sure if you're just winning a small prize they don't ask you a lot of questions - they just give it to you. If it's a big prize, I believe you're going to be pulled aside and screened anyway before being notified what prize you've won and you can bet, "Are you a cast member?" is going to be asked in some way. I've heard that they do give something "comparable" to cast members like back dooring for rides, etc when park CMs win. (I know someone who was back-doored to RnRC and Tower at MGM instead of being given the Dream Fast Passes.)

zeroFantasy

Well, if you win a night at the castle, I'd tell them... But if you win a lanyard or drean mouse ears, hide it and go have fun at the parks :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Official Rules said:
1.ELIGIBILITY
Void outside the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom and where prohibited by law. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Giveaway: (a) persons who on or after May 1, 2006 were or are directors, officers or employees of Sponsor, Creata, or their respective parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, any other individuals or companies engaged in the administration, development, production or distribution of the Giveaway and any advertising or promotion agencies associated with the Giveaway; (b) persons who on or after May 1, 2006 were or are on-site directors, officers or employees of any commercial establishment at the Disney Properties (as hereinafter defined); and (c) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse, or biological, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or any dependent under applicable income tax law) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household, whether an immediate family member or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, prizes won by a person who is a minor in his or her state, province or country of residence ("Minor") may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be awarded to his or her parent or legal guardian, and, in the case of prizes that, in Sponsor's sole discretion, require winner verification, that parent or legal guardian will be responsible for completing the verification process and executing all "Prize Claim Documents" (as hereinafter defined) and otherwise complying with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Minor is the winner of any prize in which the winner is permitted to travel to, stay at or attend an event, site or destination, such Minor and any guest (as applicable) must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian on such prize and, as applicable, the parent or legal guardian will be considered one (1) of the allotted guests.

Looks like a cast member at the Disney store would be eligible. Someone outside of the mentioned countries would be ineligible, at least from my interpretation. This ineligibility would be due to that countries laws. I know Canadian winners have to answer a math question in order to receive a prize due to local laws.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Looks like a cast member at the Disney store would be eligible. Someone outside of the mentioned countries would be ineligible, at least from my interpretation. This ineligibility would be due to that countries laws. I know Canadian winners have to answer a math question in order to receive a prize due to local laws.

I think when it says void outside of the 50 states etc. that it does not exclude people who do not live in one of the listed countries from winning a prize while in the states.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I hate to start off with a question but we're headed to WDW for the day tomorrow.

I am a "Cast Member" at the Disney Store of course no longer owned by Disney. So if I were to be so lucky to be picked by the Dream Squad would I be eligible? Since regular CM's still get their discount with us and we have Park incentive programs, I suppose we are affiliated in a weird way but certainly not employed by "the company" as it says in the official rules.

Any insight on this grey area would be appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

T.
FL res season passholder

Since the Disney Store is no longer owned by Disney, but the Children's Place, there should be no problem at all. The free passes we get each year are more of a perk now, I think, since we still sell tickets for them. of course this is just my opinion:)
Good luck on being picked by the Dream squad!

FLears

Original Poster
I agree LilRoo, we saw alot of Dream Fastpasses yesterday, and ALOT of little "magical moments" all day yesterday, lots of guests got to go into the fast past line at random as the were entering. Rides w/o fastpass like the mototr speedway they were asked a silly question and got to enter through the handicapped entrance.

As far as a large prize I would certainly disclose that I work for Hoop Retail, but with small, I don't think It would matter especially if I were there with my own season passes, If I were there on a comp ticket I might feel differently.

T.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think when it says void outside of the 50 states etc. that it does not exclude people who do not live in one of the listed countries from winning a prize while in the states.
It is probably a case of Disney covering their backsides. I too seriously doubt that the only countries that don't have laws preventing their residents from winning a prize while in another country are the remote few listed in the rules. It is also highly probable that this would only be an issue for one of the major prizes. I seriously doubt the are asking for passports when they are handing out lanyards.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It is probably a case of Disney covering their backsides. I too seriously doubt that the only countries that don't have laws preventing their residents from winning a prize while in another country are the remote few listed in the rules. It is also highly probable that this would only be an issue for one of the major prizes. I seriously doubt the are asking for passports when they are handing out lanyards.

I agree. It could make for too much bad press if Disney started having to say "oops sorry, your a citizen of Oofbanasteadstan...you dont qualify".

disneytati

Yeah, I agree. That could be a problem if I won a trip, for instance. The won't give me a plane ticket from Brazil.... But then I could just pay for a plane ticket to the USA.... and then get the prize.... But well, maybe I can't take part in the sweepstakes by mail, but if I'm in the parks, it would be ok. I don't know.... What if I get a night in the Castle?

dandaman

:lol:

Just to clarify, the Canadian ineligibility is for the mail-in sweepstakes thing, right? I could understand why Disney would want to dodge having to put a skill-testing question in your mailbox to win. (That, and based on the "Canadian Mathphobes" thread, once you win in the parks, they'll ask you anyway. :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom