Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

The Grand Inquisitor

I was really excited for the multiple storylines. Their omission is one of the reasons this ride is disappointing for me.

some other gripes:
- controls split (up & down/right & left)
No ship would work like this. It makes for a frustrating experience for me and not a very realistic one. Plus the controls range are limited to moving around the screen.

-More limited motion than Star Tours.
Perhaps it is because of the smaller vehicle, but the motions are not as extreme as they are in Star Tours. It is mostly shaking and rumbling.

-Poor instruction on how to perform your roles.
Every time I ride, the instruction video is usually already started or the volume is so low I can’t hear it. Or you are rushed on before it is finished. I have been on and hit the wrong button and it went into auto mode. It would be nice to have time to watch this full instruction vid at least once, especially for 1st timers.

-Scoring is not well defined, especially for first timers.

-Graphics are video game like.
I was hoping with the new graphics cards the images would be more realistic.

-Not a great video game.
It this was a video game no one would play it, it’s boring.

One last thing. This is probably more of a personal preference, but I don’t like have to focus on the buttons and missing what is happening on screen. I feel like I miss a lot.

I really like that each party is loading into an empty **** pit. However I feel that more time needs to be focused on the ride experience and less on the queue and marketability (Pilot the Falcon!)

I was so excited for this. I started this thread and followed the construction, but sadly I think this ride is a big swing and a miss. I would be more upset if they got rid of Star Tours, than if they tore this attraction down.
I agree with your post. I was pretty disappointed by the ride. I've only been on it once back in 2019. The ship is awesome and the inside is really cool. Same with the Hondo animatronic which is hands down my favorite AA Disney has made. But other than that the ride is boring. I was an engineer on the ride and I had no idea what I was doing. I hope Disney can add more to the ride.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I’d be completely fine if they removed all of the interactive parts of this ride and just made it like Star Tours. Only instead you are inside of the Millenium Falcon. Also add a walkthrough Millenium Falcon somewhere else. I want to explore around the ship and take pictures without being rushed through it every time.

UNCgolf

This might be an unpopular opinion but I’d be completely fine if they removed all of the interactive parts of this ride and just made it like Star Tours. Only instead you are inside of the Millenium Falcon. Also add a walkthrough Millenium Falcon somewhere else. I want to explore around the ship and take pictures without being rushed through it every time.

They'd have been better off just building a Millennium Falcon walkthrough. Then they could have built another actually good attraction instead as the second ride for the land.

vikescaper

We just had our best ride on Falcon this morning. Hondo said we did excellent and the cast member came in and told us to take a photo of our ranking because we were Master Pirates.

Attachments

• 04F2B8F6-5EEE-477D-9EE7-1258DD7CC18C.jpeg
    04F2B8F6-5EEE-477D-9EE7-1258DD7CC18C.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 115

rsm

I think it performs that way if you just don’t push any buttons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom