Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Here's the access ramp on the other side of the Falcon so Chewbacca can get to the cockpit.
credit: Jeffrey Lynn Konyu

View attachment 523670

View attachment 523671
This confuses me though on a serious note because when FRESHBAKED was at the media even for galaxy's edge debut, during the opening ceremony with IGER, HAMILL, AND FORD they had a guy in a chewbacca outfit go through the normal ramp and into the cockpitt. so do both lead to the pitt or did they use 2 chewbaccas that day in Disneyland???

SWGalaxys_Edge

Hondo is wearing his mask but not much more...

hondo mask.jpg

Tom Morrow

Okay so it's been open for a while now... why are there still skips in half of my rides?

Also, why does the Hondo animatronic still sound like his audio is being streamed at a very low bitrate?

UNCgolf

Single rider and pre-show were back today.

I would not recommend anyone use the single rider. I tried twice and both times would have been much better off going in the regular standby line; I waited 30+ minutes longer than people riding in that line.

I'm sure I was just incredibly unlucky, but it was infuriating.

Movielover

I would not recommend anyone use the single rider. I tried twice and both times would have been much better off going in the regular standby line; I waited 30+ minutes longer than people riding in that line.

That's because large groups go into the single rider line thinking they will get on faster. It's a big pet peeve of mine to see a large group in it expecting to be able to ride together.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

Sorry to hear that. One evening (about a month before COVID) I did single rider three times in a row and had almost zero wait. The regular line was about a 30 minute wait. Perhaps at that point in the evening it was all groups of 4 and 5!

TikibirdLand

Also know SRL should really be called the SEL for this ride (Single Engineer Line) as you are nearly guaranteed to be the Engineer.
Seems like a good position to be able to just watch and enjoy the simulation. If you really wanted to fly the thing, couldn't you just get Microsoft Flight Simulator?

matt9112

Seems like a good position to be able to just watch and enjoy the simulation. If you really wanted to fly the thing, couldn't you just get Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Star wars squadrons does a good job and i dont have to wait in a line...im torn i love the que and hondo was a great pick but man the ride just downright falls flat (for disney standards) i feel like it must have cost a ton of money too.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
When this attraction was under development they lauded three ride video versions. Seems like this is a great ride system with a mediocre ride film and plot. Re-rideability would explode if this was more like Star Tours.
I was really excited for the multiple storylines. Their omission is one of the reasons this ride is disappointing for me.

some other gripes:
- controls split (up & down/right & left)
No ship would work like this. It makes for a frustrating experience for me and not a very realistic one. Plus the controls range are limited to moving around the screen.

-More limited motion than Star Tours.
Perhaps it is because of the smaller vehicle, but the motions are not as extreme as they are in Star Tours. It is mostly shaking and rumbling.

-Poor instruction on how to perform your roles.
Every time I ride, the instruction video is usually already started or the volume is so low I can’t hear it. Or you are rushed on before it is finished. I have been on and hit the wrong button and it went into auto mode. It would be nice to have time to watch this full instruction vid at least once, especially for 1st timers.

-Scoring is not well defined, especially for first timers.

-Graphics are video game like.
I was hoping with the new graphics cards the images would be more realistic.

-Not a great video game.
It this was a video game no one would play it, it’s boring.

One last thing. This is probably more of a personal preference, but I don’t like have to focus on the buttons and missing what is happening on screen. I feel like I miss a lot.

I really like that each party is loading into an empty pit. However I feel that more time needs to be focused on the ride experience and less on the queue and marketability (Pilot the Falcon!)

I was so excited for this. I started this thread and followed the construction, but sadly I think this ride is a big swing and a miss. I would be more upset if they got rid of Star Tours, than if they tore this attraction down.

Jones14

Scoring is definitely an issue. We went recently and did the absolute best you can do (two containers, minimal ship damage), and one of my friends turned to me and asked if we had done a good job.

I get that they don’t want to beat you down too much if you don’t do as well, but there should really be some sort of placard in the exit hallway with Hondo’s “profit goals” so guests have something to compare their scores to.

doctornick

When this attraction was under development they lauded three ride video versions. Seems like this is a great ride system with a mediocre ride film and plot. Re-rideability would explode if this was more like Star Tours.
This is absolutely true - we go on ST multiple times every trip just because of the variation - but I have to wonder if they are looking for demand to be less/more total people having ridden the original before changing. If they put in new missions it will definitely draw more locals to reride and make the line longer for less frequent guests who have not experienced it yet.

ideally they would have new missions ready to load whenever attendance starts to falter. Maybe in early 2022 after the 50th hype wanes and the holidays are over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom