Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

disneygeek90

I'm not sure you should try the single rider line.

The standby line was at 60 minutes around noon on Tuesday and we had lunch reservations at 1. I decided to do the single rider line -- didn't care that much about the ride itself, but wanted to see the Falcon interior -- assuming it would be much quicker. After 45 minutes of waiting, I had to go back out the entrance so we wouldn't miss our lunch reservation and based on the way the line had been moving and what I could see up ahead, I'd guess I had at least another 20 minutes of waiting if not longer. I would have been better off getting in the regular standby line.

That could have been a one-off situation except it happened again later that afternoon. Tried single rider again when the standby was at 55 minutes, and after 30 minutes of waiting I wasn't even close to riding. Based on where I was compared to where I was when I had to exit the line earlier that day, and how slowly the single rider line was moving, I'd say I had at least another 30 minutes to wait and probably more like 45. Ended up leaving again because I had other stuff to do.
I was in a brutal single rider line last week, too. Not sure why but going up the stairs was dreadfully slow. It probably took me 30 mins just to get up the stairs, I waited longer for SR that day than I did ROTR and ST combined.

UNCgolf

I was in a brutal single rider line last week, too. Not sure why but going up the stairs was dreadfully slow. It probably took me 30 mins just to get up the stairs, I waited longer for SR that day than I did ROTR and ST combined.

Yep, it was the stairs for me too. Got to the stairs in probably 10-15 minutes, then was on the first set of stairs for at least 30 minutes. Only made it to the landing between the two sets of stairs before I had to leave.

rle4lunch

Do you ask the castmeber passing out cards? I haven't been on yet and want my first experience to be Pilot!

You can ask for any of the positions. I've done pilot 3 times, gunner once, and engineer twice. If your crew pilots have no clue what they're doing you won't have a good time. They'll be too busy crashing into gantry's and stuff and you won't be able to your job. Pilot is the most fun because it's the hardest.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Serious Question- I am a bit of a germ a phobe at times. so if I bring some handywipes on the ride would they let me wipe down the buttons before take off or woud that get me kicked off the ride??

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Serious Question- I am a bit of a germ a phobe at times. so if I bring some handywipes on the ride would they let me wipe down the buttons before take off or woud that get me kicked off the ride??

Totally serious answer:

So you're not going to touch anything at all anywhere at anytime? Door knobs, table tops, handrails, the Falcon role card they hand you, merch on display, bus poles, handrests on chairs, lap bars and seatbelts on rides, menus, fingerprint scanner, etc...?

But don't worry about touching things, because the only things you can get by touch are the easily passed-on rhinoviruses that make up the common cold. And they're all around you in the air. Doesn't matter if people conscientiously cough/sneeze into a tissue or their forearm, every sneeze and cough throws the viruses into the air. And just breathing and talking and laughing does that, too.

If you're worried about germs, the best course of action is regularly cleaning your own hands. Mash the dirty buttons and then when done, use the wipe on your own hands (or get a small travel size alcohol hand sanitizer). And don't bring your hands up to your face until they're washed.

The next step, which is extreme, is to wear a surgical mask like is common in some Asian countries.

But in general, you're exposed to the germs all the time everywhere. Your own immune system is taking care of you until a new strain of rhinovirus that you haven't had yet shows up.

And you should get the yearly flu shot. Ignore news reports that they're not effective "this year". Just regularly getting them makes a huge difference over time.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You should try it. I hear you get to go up the ramp afterwards.
No I am being serious. There was a report of meassles at Disneyland recently and its the time of year where people are getting sick and coughing everywhere. And this is a ride that requires you to push button no matter where you sit. So to me that kind of wierds me out. So would it be ok to use a wetnap to wipe down the buttons before the ride begins?

peter11435

No I am being serious. There was a report of meassles at Disneyland recently and its the time of year where people are getting sick and coughing everywhere. And this is a ride that requires you to push button no matter where you sit. So to me that kind of wierds me out. So would it be ok to use a wetnap to wipe down the buttons before the ride begins?
I don’t see how the buttons are any worse than the buttons, seatbelts, lapbars, handrails, touchpoints etc that you are forced to touch at other attractions and around the park. That said I don’t think anyone will kick you out for wiping the buttons but they aren’t going to give you extra time to do it. When you enter the cockpit you will be expected to quickly sit down and buckle your seatbelt. You will likely still be wiping the buttons after the attraction has begun.

Weather_Lady

Better yet, wait until the ride is over, and just wipe your own hands and fingers with a sanitizing wipe on your way out! That way, any germs you picked up on the hand rails while you waited in line, on the seatbelt fastener, and the ride control panels, can be taken care of.

Prototype82

Still way off.

I'd bet my lightsaber that Star Tours closes before MF:SR gets other missions.
What's with the online rumors of Disney "considering" loosening the timeline and introducing the Mandalorean property to some new missions? It ain't happening.

Also the fact the Navi can only be seen in old photographs from before the land opened to guests make it feel like they've all been killed off. We just see the relics of the military and Navi, like its the site of a mass genocide where both sides were destroyed.
I can buy that they're reclusive since it's packed with tourists. Even the drum show narration explains that they moved up into the mountains before they call back with their conch horn. If you've never been to a nearly empty Pandora right before closing, you should experience it. I really sounds like there's life everywhere. Without the people moving around, your eyes gravitate to the dipping fireflies in the trees. It always catches me by surprise when you hear the horsemen crying out and the galloping sound-effect that is projected down the path. I do get what you are saying and I do think the area would benefit from some animal puppetry or even projected shadows in the brush.

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

What's with the online rumors of Disney "considering" loosening the timeline and introducing the Mandalorean property to some new missions? It ain't happening.

I can buy that they're reclusive since it's packed with tourists. Even the drum show narration explains that they moved up into the mountains before they call back with their conch horn. If you've never been to a nearly empty Pandora right before closing, you should experience it. I really sounds like there's life everywhere. Without the people moving around, your eyes gravitate to the dipping fireflies in the trees. It always catches me by surprise when you hear the horsemen crying out and the galloping sound-effect that is projected down the path. I do get what you are saying and I do think the area would benefit from some animal puppetry or even projected shadows in the brush.
Also as pointed out, in order for us to survive the big plant at the entrance has flooded the valley with oxygen, which is deadly to the Na'vi (Not sure how the shaman survives.... lol). So the Nav'vi moved out, but let them hook up the link system

RobWDW1971

Also as pointed out, in order for us to survive the big plant at the entrance has flooded the valley with oxygen, which is deadly to the Na'vi (Not sure how the shaman survives.... lol). So the Nav'vi moved out, but let them hook up the link system
AKA: A spin so WDI doesn’t have to actually have any Navi in the land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Oxygen isn't deadly to the N'avi -- they need it to survive.

The high concentration of CO2 and methane and other gases are toxic to humans but not to the N'avi.

The Flaska removes what ails the humans and leaves behind oxygen for everyone in the right proportions for all to breathe.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The high concentration of CO2 and methane and other gases are toxic to humans but not to the N'avi.

The Flaska removes what ails the humans and leaves behind oxygen for everyone in the right proportions for all to breathe.
Dude don't be such a geek and soo nitpicky. It's only a theme park land man.

Rich Brownn

The signs there make it seem like that the Navi cannot exist in that area. So if not not oxygen, then I guess they need some of the other compounds to exist that makes it deadly for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom