Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

Mickeyboof

Yes, it would. No space there could hold more than a few hundred. Not the Market walkway (ramp and space to the left, RoTR area, or Falcon area.

Small five minute moments such as the x wing flight or a stunt show that aren’t set with publicized times, that might happen intermittently, would work absolutely fine.

The x Wings fly so high it can been seen in Toy Story Land.

We’re not taking about a parade or firework spectacular here. We’re talking about small moments that “happen” unexpectedly.

Have you ever watched the nighttime shows on Hogwarts Castle? Size isn’t the problem.

It’s money.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Small five minute moments such as the x wing flight or a stunt show that aren’t set with publicized times, that might happen intermittently, would work absolutely fine.

The x Wings fly so high it can been seen in Toy Story Land. <GONE FOREVER> and they just crested the sightline rim, turned and dropped.

We’re not taking about a parade or firework spectacular here. We’re talking about small moments that “happen” unexpectedly.

Vi wanders about, Chewie and his pet tech go from vehicle display to other vehicles, and storm troopers with officer wander.

Again, nothing like your requested "Big Awesome Show"

mickEblu

Okay. I feel for you. Having ridden Falcon I know what severely let down feels like.

Just curious. What led you to believe that it was going to be great? Were your sources talking it up that much? The writing was on the wall for me 2 months before the first ride throughs were posted on YouTube just by putting together the info at hand which was that it had Video game graphics (disappointing but passable if interactivity was greater... which I thought it would be) + 38 inch height requirement (meaning thrills were probably not to be had which is disappointing considering this is the Falcon!) + build up and grandeur of Queue/ Falcon which only leads to a small ride experience = a letdown.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Dang it, now I really want a Bob Ross style show of @marni1971 drawing attraction layouts...

Could be bigger than Disney+!
We asked the question on our last podcast, "What else do we want to see on Disney+" and I'm not being hyperbolic when I say, why not hire @marni1971 to recut his content with full access to the archives. It would be a great follow up to the Imagineering Story.

trainplane3

We asked the question on our last podcast, "What else do we want to see on Disney+" and I'm not being hyperbolic when I say, why not hire @marni1971 to recut his content with full access to the archives. It would be a great follow up to the Imagineering Story.
I'd eat it up big time. However there are 2 things that come to mind:
- Who would narrate them?
- And would it really be a Martin video without...
wm.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just curious. What led you to believe that it was going to be great? Were your sources talking it up that much? The writing was on the wall for me 2 months before the first ride throughs were posted on YouTube just by putting together the info at hand which was that it had Video game graphics (disappointing but passable if interactivity was greater... which I thought it would be) + 38 inch height requirement (meaning thrills were probably not to be had which is disappointing considering this is the Falcon!) + build up and grandeur of Queue/ Falcon which only leads to a small ride experience = a letdown.

I’ll be honest. When I first saw the tech involved, the scale of the ride, and some other things. I’d been following it for three years.

Movielover

Mickeyboof

...currently in the queue for Star Tours in Paris.

I haven’t been in a Star Tours in a while because I figure it would make me enjoy falcon less.

But wow. There is so much energy and story being told in this little queue. A bunch of droids in full motion, the usual c-3po and R2 doing their thing (in French), two limited motion Ackbars busy overhead in a control room (they move!!!).

What happened at Galaxy’s Edge? Honestly. What happened.

Bocabear

I haven’t been in a Star Tours in a while because I figure it would make me enjoy falcon less.

But wow. There is so much energy and story being told in this little queue. A bunch of droids in full motion, the usual c-3po and R2 doing their thing (in French), two limited motion Ackbars busy overhead in a control room (they move!!!).

the new Disney... Rocks=theming and story. I gues they figured that theme parks should look like bombed out dystopian worlds...see Pandora.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

They built a really great land but cut out some things in a few places. What else is new?

Tom Morrow

the new Disney... Rocks=theming and story. I gues they figured that theme parks should look like bombed out dystopian worlds...see Pandora.
How does a lush alien forest look dystopian?

If the only thing you noticed at SWGE was the rockwork that makes up the rear facade then you clearly didn't pay attention at all.
*walks in from Grand Avenue*
*Sees trees around and rockwork in distance*
*pulls out phone and complains without paying attention for the rest of the time*

Mickeyboof

Pandora is lush and alive! Granted, it does have a bit of a bombed out look with the concrete and the rusting infrastructure... but to me it looks like nature has won, and it’s taking back man’s mistakes.

I wish Galaxy’s Edge had some alien plant life!

Professortango1

Pandora is lush and alive! Granted, it does have a bit of a bombed out look with the concrete and the rusting infrastructure... but to me it looks like nature has won, and it’s taking back man’s mistakes.

I wish Galaxy’s Edge had some alien plant life!

Also the fact the Navi can only be seen in old photographs from before the land opened to guests make it feel like they've all been killed off. We just see the relics of the military and Navi, like its the site of a mass genocide where both sides were destroyed.

Mickeyboof

Also the fact the Navi can only be seen in old photographs from before the land opened to guests make it feel like they've all been killed off. We just see the relics of the military and Navi, like its the site of a mass genocide where both sides were destroyed.

Ha, well, when you put it that way.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom