Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 432582

I wish Falcon had this clear of a transition between jet bridge and boarding the ship, as does the Nautilus Walkthrough.

It’s very difficult to tell when you’ve boarded the Falcon, until you’re square in the middle of it.

Oh well.

There actually is a pretty clear transition point but you walk by it pretty fast so it’s easily missed. There’s even a really cool security monitor setup where you can see Chewie.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I am not a fan of this ride. I have done MF:SR about 10 times, and all of these times there were bad pilots and we crashed into everything. Often there are kids in the pilot seats who don't know what to do, with their parents yelling behind them. It is not nice and I prefer Star Tours.

However, today was different! We did single rider and my wife and I ended up as engineers on the same ride, but there were two young guys as pilots who knew what they were doing. It was our best experience so far. We saw things we hadn't seen before. We ended up in the asteroids before landing on Batuu! And for once the hallway was not a mess after we got out. We enjoyed this so much more. So much depends on who else is riding with you.

Tip: When you do single rider there is a room where the line splits. One line continues, and for the other line you have to turn around and go up stairs right away. At one time there was a long line continuing, but nobody was going up the stairs. We went up and there were no other riders at all; we could board immediately. We probably saved about 15 or 20 minutes. We got off and got into the single rider line again, but by then both lines were being used. So always make sure you look back here to see if the other line is shorter, or if it's even being used!!

IMG_6513.JPG

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am not a fan of this ride. I have done MF:SR about 10 times, and all of these times there were bad pilots and we crashed into everything. Often there are kids in the pilot seats who don't know what to do, with their parents yelling behind them. It is not nice and I prefer Star Tours.

However, today was different! We did single rider and my wife and I ended up as engineers on the same ride, but there were two young guys as pilots who knew what they were doing. It was our best experience so far. We saw things we hadn't seen before. We ended up in the asteroids before landing on Batuu! And for once the hallway was not a mess after we got out. We enjoyed this so much more. So much depends on who else is riding with you.

When Earth is attacked by alien forces, the teen boy gamers will save us all.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

View attachment 432582

I wish Falcon had this clear of a transition between jet bridge and boarding the ship, as does the Nautilus Walkthrough.

It’s very difficult to tell when you’ve boarded the Falcon, until you’re square in the middle of it.

Oh well.
THANK YOU!!!! BEEN SAYING THIS EVER SINCE I SAW THE QUEUE POV VIDEOS!!! NO ONE IN STAR WARS HAS EVER ENTERED THE FALCON FROM A JETWAY. ALWAYS THE RAMP OR THE TOP HATCH (LUKE IN EMPIRE). IT MAKES NOOO SENSE TO USE SOMETHING SEEN IN A AIRPORT FOR THE FALCON INSTEAD OF THE RAMP TO SELL THE IDEA YOU JUST WALKED ABOARD IT!!! ITS NOT EVEN CLEAR WHERE THIS SO CALLED JETWAY IS EVEN HOOKED UP ON THE FALCON. ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU ARE JUST IN THE FALCON AND THERE IS THE CHEST ROOM.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
THANK YOU!!!! BEEN SAYING THIS EVER SINCE I SAW THE QUEUE POV VIDEOS!!! NO ONE IN STAR WARS HAS EVER ENTERED THE FALCON FROM A JETWAY. ALWAYS THE RAMP OR THE TOP HATCH (LUKE IN EMPIRE). IT MAKES NOOO SENSE TO USE SOMETHING SEEN IN A AIRPORT FOR THE FALCON INSTEAD OF THE RAMP TO SELL THE IDEA YOU JUST WALKED ABOARD IT!!! ITS NOT EVEN CLEAR WHERE THIS SO CALLED JETWAY IS EVEN HOOKED UP ON THE FALCON. ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU ARE JUST IN THE FALCON AND THERE IS THE CHEST ROOM.

It’s Disney magic.

Stripes

Behind the scenes of MFSR from the Imagineering special. Post via Blog Mickey.

millennium-falcon-pod-5-scaled.jpg

Click the link for more pics.
https://blogmickey.com/2019/12/behi...-pod-and-turntable-in-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
Not sure if posted before, but Disney filed a patent for the ride system. Set to expire in 2038.

Mickeyboof

I went last night and had a pretty rough group. Don't even think the pilots spoke English and the right pilot didn't even pull the switch to lightspeed lol

My two gunners were a couple in their 70's and I had to tell them they're supposed to push the buttons.

Was your group rushed passed the Hondo video, or did your group watch said video moments before entering the cockpit?

Mickeyboof

We saw the briefing video before entering, I've actually always seen the video. I don't know how many actually pay attention to what he's saying, though.

Copy! I’ve been on the ride a good amount of times at WDW, and we’ve always passed by the video without pause. Which means the groups don’t get ANY instruction.

I was curious if this was your case too. But, you’re right, how many people actually listen?

disneygeek90

Copy! I’ve been on the ride a good amount of times at WDW, and we’ve always passed by the video without pause. Which means the groups don’t get ANY instruction.

I was curious if this was your case too. But, you’re right, how many people actually listen?
That's weird! Every time I've been on we all move in, stand on our roles, watch the video about what we're supposed to be doing, then the CM's tell us to go in.

TimeTrip

Does anyone know exactly how to best use the harpoon in the engineering position? I hit the lit button, but then Hondo complained, and I saw it was still lit. Hit it again, but it still stayed lit. I wound up hitting it over and over. We got the second coaxium, but my reeling score was terrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom