Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

sedati

Porg nest to the left of that as well.
I’m hoping to see them in the hallways like we did in the film along with the little porglets.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
First post. Great thread. Really insightful.

I have a query about the ride layout when leaving the ‘Chess Room’...
Is Pod B (and ADA Pod) accessed via the same curving corridor as Pod A (marked north) or via the corridor guests first entered the ‘Chess Room’ (south corridor - containing the airlock entrance), or is Pod B accessed via the narrow doorway (marked maintenance bay, from the Leia/Han kiss scene) ?

I’m hearing different reports. Perhaps someone here could clarify a little? Thanks so much!
View attachment 373386
My guess is C, but it is only a guess. I can't say for sure, but I remember reading that each Pod had it's own entrance. @marni1971 awesome sketch seems to indicate this too. See attached image below ->
View attachment 365247

(Another patented purposely vague but strangely accurate sketch. That’s mine. So no stealing)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
First post. Great thread. Really insightful.

I have a query about the ride layout when leaving the ‘Chess Room’...
Is Pod B (and ADA Pod) accessed via the same curving corridor as Pod A (marked north) or via the corridor guests first entered the ‘Chess Room’ (south corridor - containing the airlock entrance), or is Pod B accessed via the narrow doorway (marked maintenance bay, from the Leia/Han kiss scene) ?

I’m hearing different reports. Perhaps someone here could clarify a little? Thanks so much!
View attachment 373386
It’s neither.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My guess is C, but it is only a guess. I can't say for sure, but I remember reading that each Pod had it's own entrance. @marni1971 awesome sketch seems to indicate this too. See attached image below ->
One entrance per turntable. Plus the ADA (which is a spur off one of the other entrances)

It should be noted if you don’t use a particular entrance you wouldn’t know it’s there (they’re all around corners in corridors)

Epcot_Imagineer

It’s neither.
Seconded what Martin said... but good lord you have got some fantastic visuals you're working with here. You should start your own thread where you work with people to create some Blueprints.

To actually answer the question, there's a pretty good mockup someone made of the falcon/turntables in another thread... I'll find it and link you.

jpwdis

Seconded what Martin said... but good lord you have got some fantastic visuals you're working with here. You should start your own thread where you work with people to create some Blueprints.

To actually answer the question, there's a pretty good mockup someone made of the falcon/turntables in another thread... I'll find it and link you.
Could you link me to that too please? 😌

Epcot_Imagineer

Hey everyone, @jpwdis, @AdrianPatrick ... here are the posts of the most accurate layouts. The first quote is Martin's, it is the accurate layout of the Falcon/Chess-room into the two turntables/ADA pod. The second quote is a combination of Sedati photoshop and the attraction layout provided by SWGalaxysEdge. It is the full ride layout including portions of the queue and pre-show. Now Adrian, if you could redo Martin's chicken scratch with your fancy drawing skills... ;)(just be sure to give him credit)
And here's your plan overlayed with a line showing what I'm assuming the load paths would be. "H" would be where Hondo would possibly be.
View attachment 367190

CinematicFusion

I am not sure if I can post this.
But I recently saw a leaked video of the attraction on Twitter.

*If you don't think it should be here be free to remove it

It looks exactly how we thought it would look. With the ride queue, the falcon waiting area, sights, sounds....it's going to be a fun ride. Unless you get a pilot who is terrible...so apologize if you get me. :)
I think the sum of the entire ride will be amazing.

drod1985

I'm surprised by how dark it is inside the cockpit. I wonder if that's temporary (Engineer needs to do their job) or if the whole ride is that dark.

Jones14

I'm surprised by how dark it is inside the cockpit. I wonder if that's temporary (Engineer needs to do their job) or if the whole ride is that dark.
I imagine it’s so that the screen *outside* doesn’t get washed out by the cockpit lights. Also, it’s probably easier to notice the flashing lights for your job if everything else is dark.

BMP

Could be those lazy engineers aren’t doing their jobs. Divert power and get me some light up here!

I was lucky enough to be invited to the preview on Monday and rode 3x's (twice as left pilot and once as right pilot)... its not that dark in the cabin.

BTW - it is such a fun ride; and more fun if you have an active and engaged group. On our second ride, we had a team that was really engaged and helping each other out (cheering for each other)...

Also, the queue is as awesome as the ride is... walking behind the falcon, looking at all the details (e.g. burn marks, blaster holes, dents, etc), When you enter the mechanics room it smells like a mechanics shop and the Hondo animatronic is so seamless. "Walking" into the falcon is surreal... the chest room is well done and the -pit, is the MF's cockpit (minus the buttons on the ceiling)...

BMP

SOOOO Jealous of you!!! Can't wait for Hollywood Studios.

One question. WIth NO FastPass - how fast did the line move? Were you basically walking constantly (albeit at a slow pace)?

It was very fast -- but I don't know how many people where in line at the time... we entered at the 1pm slot and most went straight to the ride... which had a wait time of 45mins posted - the line moved fast, if we we waited 45 minutes, it was a fast 45 minutes (we weren't allowed to have our smart watches on, so 90% of those in had no concept of time),

To add to my review above, what made the DL experience so great was the seclusion -- there is no sign of DL once you enter (except the the tops of BTM on the second floor of the MF queue) and the tip of the Matterhorn between trees (which I assume when grown will block this out)... you do not feel like you are in DL (well except for the Disney bags :)).

I am not sure if (or how) they can pull this off in HS, but i hope they can.

Finally, there were roving actors -- we saw Rey, Ren, a Resistance Fighter, Storm Troopers and an Imperial Commander... These were not "meet and greet" characters -- they were playing their role and there was a mini (like 1-2 minute) act between Ren and the Imperial Commander

Last edited:

sponono88

I was lucky enough to be invited to the preview on Monday and rode 3x's (twice as left pilot and once as right pilot)... its not that dark in the cabin.

BTW - it is such a fun ride; and more fun if you have an active and engaged group. On our second ride, we had a team that was really engaged and helping each other out (cheering for each other)...

Also, the queue is as awesome as the ride is... walking behind the falcon, looking at all the details (e.g. burn marks, blaster holes, dents, etc), When you enter the mechanics room it smells like a mechanics shop and the Hondo animatronic is so seamless. "Walking" into the falcon is surreal... the chest room is well done and the ****-pit, is the MF's cockpit (minus the buttons on the ceiling)...

I definitely noticed the smell in Hondo's room! It smells like rubber or grease, not overwhelming but the scent is definitely there.

And yeah the cockpit isn't that dark, it's lit well enough so you can see all the buttons and switches around you.

And even though I thought they did a great job with the Hondo AA, I was actually more impressed by the Dok-Ondar AA in the antiques shop. It's so cool to watch him work away in his little area and interact with the stuff around him.

The Grand Inquisitor

I definitely noticed the smell in Hondo's room! It smells like rubber or grease, not overwhelming but the scent is definitely there.

And yeah the cockpit isn't that dark, it's lit well enough so you can see all the buttons and switches around you.

And even though I thought they did a great job with the Hondo AA, I was actually more impressed by the Dok-Ondar AA in the antiques shop. It's so cool to watch him work away in his little area and interact with the stuff around him.
What is the hondo preshow like? Whats the backstory of the ride? Also do any other characters show up in the preshow or ride besides hondo?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom