Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

phillip9698

I can see the fun in being a gunner or piloting the ship but i dont see much enjoyment in being the flight engineer. And since being an engineer is my occupation i fear my family may nominate me for that role even though im the only Star Wars fan of the bunch and i want to fly!

drod1985

I can see the fun in being a gunner or piloting the ship but i dont see much enjoyment in being the flight engineer. And since being an engineer is my occupation i fear my family may nominate me for that role even though im the only Star Wars fan of the bunch and i want to fly!

I think I'd rather be the engineer than the gunner. Being the guy to "reroute auxiliary power to the rear deflector shields!" sounds fun. :)

phillip9698

I think I'd rather be the engineer than the gunner. Being the guy to "reroute auxiliary power to the rear deflector shields!" sounds fun. :)

Id need more details on how interactive that is. Is it as simple as pulling a lever every now and then? What happens if you have a good gunner and pilot so you dont get shot as often, are you just sitting there? But thats a problem for the people who get paid the big bucks right.

rsm

I'm having a real tough time visualizing how one Falcon interior (aka Chess Room) is feeding two separate turn tables of cockpits. I just don't see how that's possible without modification to the Falcon's floor plan.

This seems odd to me too. I usually stay out of the capacity math arguments - but it seems to me like you would need more chess rooms than turntables.

For example (and yes, these are madeup numbers. I don't recall the actual numbers if they've been revealed):
  1. If each turntable has 5 cockpits, and the ride is 5 minutes long, one turntable will load every 60 seconds.
  2. If you have two turntables with one chess room, a group will need to leave the chess room every 30 seconds to feed 10 cockpits.

Am I missing something? haha - I'm sure there are armies or people who planned this out and it'll be fine. But intuitively it seems off.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't think they guests are going to have video-game level interactions. The gunner probably isn't going to be aiming at targets. I really think the interaction is going to be as simple as pressing a button when it lights up. There is just no practical way to teach 6 different people different tasks, especially since they may not all speak the same language.

Dunston

I think people have a too video game-y view of how the attraction will work. It's not gonna be like you can directly control the flight of the falcon and repeatedly "slam into walls.". I'm sure there will be "prompts" for each role throughout the ride and whether you successfully do those prompts determines how successful your outcome was. I highly doubt it's gonna be possible to "lose" in the sense that your ride will not have been fun if you had "somebody's stupid 8-year-old" as the pilot.

phillip9698

I don't think they guests are going to have video-game level interactions. The gunner probably isn't going to be aiming at targets. I really think the interaction is going to be as simple as pressing a button when it lights up. There is just no practical way to teach 6 different people different tasks, especially since they may not all speak the same language.

You just took my excitement for this ride from 10 down to a 2. 😟

Epcot_Imagineer

My absolute best guess for how I think the queue is going to work, based on everything I've heard and the layouts of the turntables. I know they are some rough looking Microsoft Paint abominations, but can someone tell me if I'm on the right track or not? I'm looking at my people who seem to have insider knowledge on this, @SWGalaxysEdge @marni1971 ?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My absolute best guess for how I think the queue is going to work, based on everything I've heard and the layouts of the turntables. I know they are some rough looking Microsoft Paint abominations, but can someone tell me if I'm on the right track or not? I'm looking at my people who seem to have insider knowledge on this, @SWGalaxysEdge @marni1971 ?
View attachment 356032

So you diagram is indicating DHS will become a castle park? ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 356032
That’s a nice drawing.

Rteetz

View attachment 356032
Sort of yes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom