Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

EOD K9

The final moments of waiting may be just as exciting as the ride itself. After consulting with Hondo, guests will be led down a jet bridge into a familiar location — the Falcon’s “chess room,”
The closest I have gotten to that and the cockpit is walking into the Oceaneer Club on the Disney Dream. I can't imagine how authentic it will be since you'll be immersed in a story.

bshah365

I'm mostly curious about the transition from the preshow into the chess room... first time I'm hearing about a jet bridge to transition you from the queue into the actual falcon..

kurtk

Does anyone know if there will be more than 1 chess room? From the images of early construction of the ride there will be 4 turntables for the vehicles. I have also heard rumors that each cockpit on the turntable will slowly rotate (along with the simulation motions) so that by the time you are done, you will have travelled almost the full 360 degrees. You will exit the ride in a different room than you entered and the vehicle will rotate to the chess room to pick up the next crew.
Again, looking at the early construction pictures, it would appear that one chess room would be too far to load all 4 turntables. I am thinking maybe 2 chess rooms, 1 per 2 turntables.
Anyone else hazard a guess?
From Bioreconstruct:

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there will be more than 1 chess room? From the images of early construction of the ride there will be 4 turntables for the vehicles. I have also heard rumors that each cockpit on the turntable will slowly rotate (along with the simulation motions) so that by the time you are done, you will have travelled almost the full 360 degrees. You will exit the ride in a different room than you entered and the vehicle will rotate to the chess room to pick up the next crew.
Again, looking at the early construction pictures, it would appear that one chess room would be too far to load all 4 turntables. I am thinking maybe 2 chess rooms, 1 per 2 turntables.
From Bioreconstruct:

View attachment 355980
You are correct about the cockpits slowly moving turntables.
They will be at least one chess room per turntable.

I bet the chess rooms lead to a corridor that takes you to the cockpit. There could be several chess rooms connected to that corridor.

@marni1971 can you give us any information on how many chess rooms there will be for each turntable? Curious minds would like to know. 🙂

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You are correct about the cockpits slowly moving turntables.
They will be at least one chess room per turntable.

I bet the chess room leads to a corridor that takes you to the cockpit. There could be several chess rooms connected to that corridor.

@marni1971 can you give us any information on how many chess rooms there will be for each turntable? Curious minds would like to know. 🙂
One room per two turntables. The chess room will act as a holding and splitting room for two tables.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
One room per two turntables. The chess room will act as a holding and splitting room for two tables.
So will you be waiting with a 6 person crew? It seems like cast members will be rushing guests in and out of there if 1 room is serving 2 turntables.

I really thought they would be at least one per turntable. I hope Disney's theoretical numbers are correct. I think this area might be where things bottleneck if people are milling about, trying to get pics in the chess room.

Disney Maddux

If my understanding is correct, I believe there will only be one Hondo animatronic before you split into one of the 2 main sections with 2 turntables each.

I am not sure about the pre-show rooms, it seems like there would only be 4, but they could have multiple rooms that lead to the same cockpit entry site. In one room the door opens and you go to the right, the next room you go straight and the 3rd room you go to the left, but they all lead to the same cockpit loading area.

If this is the case you could have one party loading for the ride,
So after the chess room, you travel down a corridor that leads to one of eight cockpits?

kurtk

It makes me wonder what will happen if you are on the ride and they have to pause the turntable for slow moving guests or other reasons. Will your adventure be prolonged or will you stare at a blank screen? Questions I am sure that the Imagineers have already addressed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It makes me wonder what will happen if you are on the ride and they have to pause the turntable for slow moving guests or other reasons. Will your adventure be prolonged or will you stare at a blank screen? Questions I am sure that the Imagineers have already addressed.
The ride system should take over with “filler”. Not unlike many other attractions with extra time built in (or the infamous FoP preshow)

drod1985

I'm having a real tough time visualizing how one Falcon interior (aka Chess Room) is feeding two separate turn tables of cockpits. I just don't see how that's possible without modification to the Falcon's floor plan.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From Bioreconstruct:

View attachment 355980

The turntable will turn 360, but I don't see any reason for the ride vehicle itself to rotate on the turntable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom