Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

X-STech

I will be going next Thursday to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It will be my first time going to this event. I was wondering if the park gets crowded. I know they close the park early and re-open it for guests with the ticket but I'm not sure how many tickets they give out for this event. I'm afraid that the park will be so congested that being able to go on all the rides will be difficult. Friday night has already sold out and I'm worried Thursday night might as well. Has anyone here gone to this event? And if so, is it difficult to ride most of the rides due to long wait times? Thanks.

Shannon_Yensid

My family and i were there last thursday and it rained....all night long....so needless to say most of the way cool christmas shows were canceled...so, since it was raining, people were flocking to the rides that were indoors and under cover, and still the wait wasn't more than a few minutes...
i think you'll have a great time...my family and i learned the hard way last year that friday was not a good night for MVMCP because it's always sold out and very crowded because so many locals come in friday night...

well, have fun!

~Shannon

Upvote 0
Im goin next thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!:) I dont know if the event is sold out but i have been going for 5 years and i dont think it has been majorly busy and it always says outside the parking lot that it is sold out. i think that disner cut down on the ticket sales . i hope they did b/c it has been getting busier each year and i wish the think was a small a possible.

Upvote 0

Chris

My experience with MVMCP over the last three years is that the Parl itself can be VERY crowded. Visit the attractions during the first parade then catch the second parade. Bypass the "free" family photo (long lines average picture). Most attractions have short lines but the shows are usually packed (SRO). It is a great deal and a lot of fun just don't let the crowd get to you. MSUSA is by far the most crowded place during MVMCP. Have Fun:animwink:

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Another misconception about MVMCP is that they close the park and then reopen it for the party. They actually state a park closing time for the regular guests and then begin letting party guests in around 6pm. If you are in the park at 3pm as a normal guest, and no one checks your wristband, you could stay there throughout the party. Of course, this would be breaking the rules, and I don't recommend it. They do have people checking wristbands, but they don't check everyone.:)

Upvote 0

Shannon_Yensid

Originally posted by Chris
My experience with MVMCP over the last three years is that the Parl itself can be VERY crowded. Visit the attractions during the first parade then catch the second parade. Bypass the "free" family photo (long lines average picture). Most attractions have short lines but the shows are usually packed (SRO). It is a great deal and a lot of fun just don't let the crowd get to you. MSUSA is by far the most crowded place during MVMCP. Have Fun:animwink:

oh, don't skip the family pic!! yes they're cheap cheesy pics but when they come in the mail it brings back memories and the line is only long if you go to the one in tomorrowland when they squish everyone over there...we waited for like five minutes...

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Main Street USA
Another misconception about MVMCP is that they close the park and then reopen it for the party. They actually state a park closing time for the regular guests and then begin letting party guests in around 6pm. If you are in the park at 3pm as a normal guest, and no one checks your wristband, you could stay there throughout the party. Of course, this would be breaking the rules, and I don't recommend it. They do have people checking wristbands, but they don't check everyone.:)

Sorry to gt off the subject, but I LOVE your avatar! You did a fantastic job on it!

Pam

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

We were at MVMCP last week and had a GREAT time. First off, the park was busy, but not too crowded. We hit all the rides during the second parade. On HM there were only two sets of people on the ride. It was pretty cool, kinda like having the attraction to yourself.

I would get the free picture. Just wait until later and there won't be much of a line.

Have fun. I can't wait to go again next year.:)

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

I was there last Sunday and I didn't wait in line for ANY attractions...I was able to see the parade, the special fireworks display (awesome by the way)...and the show in front of the castle (even got my complimentary photo and free cookies and hot cocoa :) )

Walked on everything except Splash Mountain because it had closed down RIGHT as I got there...(broke down or something) and that caused Thunder to back up a little...but at most it was a 10-15 minute wait.

Upvote 0

Camelot

When I went last year to MVMCP, the park was not that crowded, but that was still kind of close to the 9-11 tragedy, so lots of folks cut back on traveling. We were able to walk onto all of the rides and had only a 5 minute wait for the photo.

The fireworks and Christmas parade were beautiful as you would expect. (The only disappointing thing were the gosh-awful tasting cookies, which others have posted comments on already, on other threads).

Have a great time....:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there Freak!!!! Sorry I didnt catch up with you but I didnt pack my annual pass and your info was in with that!!! Thank God they will replace your AP if you forget it/lose it!!! I ended up in the Sunday MVMCP also as my one on Thursday night got rained out. As previously mentioned the lines werent bad on any of the rides we did hit, maybe 10 minute wait at most. I was all bummed out though as I wanted to record the Christmas Parade but they couldnt run it due to the rain. I spoke to a CM who suggested that I check with Guest Relations as he knew Sunday was not sold out. Id like to take this moment to thank that kind young man from Buffalo and my Guest Relations guy. After explaining the situation and that a day free admission to the Park wasnt going to work for me as I Am an AP holder The Guest relations guy asked us for our tix for Thursday MVMCP, went in the back for a while, and came out with tix for Sunday night!!!! After the Candlelight Processional with James Avery on Sunday, we hopped over the the TTC went to the car, back to hotel fresh battery for the Video Camera, fresh tape for the machine and I got an AWESOME Video of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade. Definitely plan for the later one, no where near as crowded as the first!!! As I said I want to thank those 2 CM's Disney Magic at its best!!!! Kisses from Belle

Upvote 0

NADisney

We went to the Party on thursday night ,Dec 5th.Well if any one lived in orlando or was the party that night would tell you it felt like a hurricain swept through the are, rain,rain, and more rain.Everything except the fireworks was cancelled and allot of Part attendys complained at city hall untill they decided to closed the doors and hand out calling complaint cards,I hate when that happens . Those who where able to get in city hall was given a one day park pass, while some did not.I felt bad for those who missed out of the 35 to 38 dollar event.Since we are an annul passholder and was staying on disney property ,we told the guest services the next morning what had happend, and was told to go back to the MK 's city hall and tell them our resort manager SCOTT at All-Star Music was given permission to give us tickets to the Party friday Dec 6th event (we wanted to see the parade,christmas shows,and such- even the pins..lol) weather permitting.Lori ,our host at city hall told us it was sold out and nobody was going to get tickets ,and tuff.We then told her to get intouch with our resort manager,she did, and...She become the nicess thing to us-giving us tickets,restraunt reservations if we needed any,and when to arrive for saturdays taping of the ABC Parade for TV( I have some great shots of Regis and Kelly).

Well when left city hall and looked at out tickets, they where dated wroung and when we returned to city hall to correct the problem Lori was gone and no record of the call or tickets was made ,We got in touch with Scott and He Fixed it with some MK Managers, WE got 6 party Pins and free movie tickets too Treasure Planetand dinner at one of our favorite resort 's,lol.I love Christmas at Disney .

:wave: :wave: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

skipperg

My wife and I have made it to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party now for 3 years. We have usually gone on our last night of each trip but for some reason this year we went earlier. Thankfully we didn't have to contend with the terrible rain storm on December 5. I really felt sorry for those who got stuck that night. We went on Tuesday December 3 and had a great time. All the shows were packed, but the Attractions and rides had very short lines. We spent the entire night going to the shows and the second parade. It is one of the best times at the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hi there Freak!!!! Sorry I didnt catch up with you but I didnt pack my annual pass and your info was in with that!!! Thank God they will replace your AP if you forget it/lose it!!! I ended up in the Sunday MVMCP also as my one on Thursday night got rained out. As previously mentioned the lines werent bad on any of the rides we did hit, maybe 10 minute wait at most. I was all bummed out though as I wanted to record the Christmas Parade but they couldnt run it due to the rain. I spoke to a CM who suggested that I check with Guest Relations as he knew Sunday was not sold out. Id like to take this moment to thank that kind young man from Buffalo and my Guest Relations guy. After explaining the situation and that a day free admission to the Park wasnt going to work for me as I Am an AP holder The Guest relations guy asked us for our tix for Thursday MVMCP, went in the back for a while, and came out with tix for Sunday night!!!! After the Candlelight Processional with James Avery on Sunday, we hopped over the the TTC went to the car, back to hotel fresh battery for the Video Camera, fresh tape for the machine and I got an AWESOME Video of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade. Definitely plan for the later one, no where near as crowded as the first!!! As I said I want to thank those 2 CM's Disney Magic at its best!!!! Kisses from Belle

:lol: (this sounds familiar) :lol:

(I mean because I've done the SAME thing before :lol: )

No problemo chica, I was supposed to meet up with Dawn on my last trip (not this past one) and Cheryl (tiggerlover1971) but I had forgot to pack my cell phone which had their numbers stored in it :lol: (see, it happens to the best of us)

(although...that really stinks because we DEFINITELY could've met up the night of the MVMCP because we were both there!!!)

I must say...fantastic fireworks display!!!

Upvote 0

JUNE

Hi . I just came back from the very merry christmas party on the 12 the day it rained all night .We also went on sunday before . We arrived at 5:30 and they let us in and we did tommarrow land first and we didnt have to use our park hoppers . I am just want to let every one know who ever went on the 12th you may still be able to get a refund . We got one from guest services .I hope every one has fun . Sunday party was slow and a blast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom