Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

KKnopf

I was wondering is the "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" Worth the money? For my family it would be about $150... We are use to Snow, coming from New England, so that is no big deal, and the extra time in the parks, we get with the extra magic hours... so the only thing I see as being extra is the special parade... Can someone tell me if I am missing something and is it worth the extra money?

PotteryGal

Holly, We're arriving at the World the day before so that will be our first full day at the parks. So looking forward to the party. My first time going. Christmas and Disney, my two favourite things. :xmas::xmas:

Sounds just like me! We'll be at MVMCP on the 30th too. 32 days till we check in at the Wilderness Lodge!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Highland_Holly

37 days until Animal Kindgom Lodge! Woo hoo! We could have a mini-WDWMagic meet (or quick hello!) at the MVMCP! ... I had wanted to make the 4pm meet on Saturday (12/2) at MGM, but we have dining reservations at 4:10.

Holly

Upvote 0

pacochran

We went last year and loved it.

This year because we are only staying four nights at Disney, which means 3 full days to do the parks, we were having trouble deciding what to do as we like spending a day in each park. We decided that on the day we arrive Nov 28th, we would do Magic Kingdom for the Christmas Party then the other three parks on the following days. Last year when we went on a weeknight it was great, we rode all the rides we wanted to as many times as we wanted to. I know it will make a long day but we're always pumpt for that.

5 weeks from today 34 days.:xmas: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

KrazyKowboy

I'm hitting the party for the first time Nov 30. I can't wait.:xmas:

We went last year, the week after Thanksgiving, and we are going again this year! Only 31 more days!!

Mystic... my family and I will be there Nov. 30 also! It is the first day of our trip and we are really looking forward to it! :xmas:

Holly

Sounds just like me! We'll be at MVMCP on the 30th too. 32 days till we check in at the Wilderness Lodge!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

We've got our tickets to MVMCP that night too. I'll have my avatar badge attached to my camera bag.

Hope to see all of you there.

File0485.jpg

Upvote 0

kennygman

We went last year and loved it.

This year because we are only staying four nights at Disney, which means 3 full days to do the parks, we were having trouble deciding what to do as we like spending a day in each park. We decided that on the day we arrive Nov 28th, we would do Magic Kingdom for the Christmas Party then the other three parks on the following days. Last year when we went on a weeknight it was great, we rode all the rides we wanted to as many times as we wanted to. I know it will make a long day but we're always pumpt for that.

5 weeks from today 34 days.:xmas: :sohappy:

We're going to AK the day we go to the party. AK closes at 5 PM, so that will give us a full day.

Upvote 0

pacochran

We're going to AK the day we go to the party. AK closes at 5 PM, so that will give us a full day.

We had thought about that but I want to say that when we booked Nov 30th wasn't one of the original nights. We kind of like the idea of Tuesday, figuring it won't be as busy as the nights closer to the weekend.

We are also staying at AKL and figured the day we do Animal Kingdom, we would do dinner at Boma's right afterwords, as we having been dieing to try that restaraunt.

Upvote 0

Mystic

We had thought about that but I want to say that when we booked Nov 30th wasn't one of the original nights. We kind of like the idea of Tuesday, figuring it won't be as busy as the nights closer to the weekend.

Uh November 30 is a Thursday, not a Tuesday. We arrive on Nov 29 which is a Wednesday. We'll be hitting MK on the 30th during the day with dinner at LTT before the party.

Upvote 0

seabee1

We will be hitting the party on Dec. 5! 37 Days until we check in!!! I am dying. We were thinking of doing MGM that day, then head over to MK for our dinner at LTT before the party. The only dilema is that we wanted to catch the Osborne lights and fantasmic. I will just have to figure out something into the schedule to hit MGM on one of the other nights I guess. Any suggestions on what park to do the day of the party? I was thinking MGM because of the shows, the kids would have more down time.:xmas:

Upvote 0

pacochran

Uh November 30 is a Thursday, not a Tuesday. We arrive on Nov 29 which is a Wednesday. We'll be hitting MK on the 30th during the day with dinner at LTT before the party.

I know the 30th is a Thursday. What I said which maybe wasn't clear enough is that when we booked the 28th, which is a Tuesday I don't remember the 30th being one of the nights available thought it was added after, though I could be wrong. Anyways when we did a Tuesday last year it was great no crowds so thought the same for this year.

Last year we did the LTT also which was great. This year probably pick up something along the way as we will be arriving that morning.

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

Wow - when's your ressie at the LTT? We're having dinner there too before the party! Our reservation is at 5:50, although we'll probably be back in the park before that.
It's a Small World after all! :D

Upvote 0

hokielutz

42 days until we leave the doldrums of Wash DC behind for the magical world of Disney. And there is 43 days until our first MVMCP on Dec 7th. We are really getting excited... but as we get closer... the days are seeming to get longer

Upvote 0

Mystic

Wow - when's your ressie at the LTT? We're having dinner there too before the party! Our reservation is at 5:50, although we'll probably be back in the park before that.
It's a Small World after all! :D

Our ressie is at 5:05pm. I got the earliest seating I could as I want to be finished dinner in plenty of time before the party starts.

Upvote 0

Highland_Holly

We are dining at LTT also! Our ressies are at 6:35pm. We are a family of 6... me, my dh, dd (11), ds (9), dd (2) & my Mum. We will be decked out for Christmas... the girls have coordinating hot pink/lime green outfits. :^)

PotteryGal, you will probably still be seated when we come in! If you see a lot of PINK, wave wildly! LOL

Holly

Upvote 0

Mystic

We'll probably still be seated when PotteryGal comes in, although it's just to two of us. Disneymom and me.

Holly I'll keep an eye out for a group of pink and green people! We'll have our Santa hats on.

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

Yikes I haven't even thought about what we'll be wearing that night! I just hope I don't forget anything when I start packing. Oh, and if you see my hubby and I and our two kids (our older daughter will be talking a mile a minute - can't miss her :rolleyes:) don't hesitate to say hi! :xmas:

Upvote 0

davinakb

KKnopf you've gotten some good advice:
  • go on a weekday night that'll probably be slower.
  • don't waste a MYW day that morning: relax, shop, eat a big late lunch, take a nap so you can stay until the end.
I think it's worth it, but I love all Christmas hoopla and such. We're more about the parade and special shows. Other tip, if you go: The ride lines are slower during the parades; and I think the first parade has bigger crowds. FWIW.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

The last two times we went to MVMCP, we went to Universal during the day.

The crowds were so light over there, that we were able to ride everything a couple of times and leave the park by 3pm. Then we were back on Disney property and in the MK by 4pm.

Hope yal have a great time!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

MissM

Do you get 1 hot chocolate and 1 cookie
Or can you go and get free refills on the night
as i am thinking of booking it for my family
and how long does the night run for 3 hours like
EMH or longer. Thanks for any help in advance
andy
They have multiple areas set up where you can pick up cookies and cocoa. And you're welcome to go through as many times as you'd like. I must have had four cookies and six things of cocoa the night I went two years ago. I also brought a cookie to a CM at HM after she commented how yummy they looked. :lol:
-m

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom