Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

D23

Original Poster
I have a question. Been to WDW over 30+ times, but this is the first time I am taking the kids in October.

We have our hard ticket for the MNSSHP, and all our ADRs in place.

Question is: I know people tend to dress up for the event. Do Adults often as well?

Mukta

I have been to the party with and without costume and it is more fun in costume.
Some people go all out and do a great family theme. I have done something as simple as hats.
Last year, the pirate families were hilarious. Some people do Disney costumes, but you don't have to.
The funniest one I ever saw was a man with a full beard as Maleficent. He was wonderful though.

Uncle Lupe

So you have to buy a separate event ticket to attend? Would make for an expensive time just to be in the park the entire day.

fmingo36

My 4 yr old has decided that this will be the family:

Ally (4): Dorothy
(testing out costume: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...462549536771_1624447923_1136938_6620706_n.jpg )

Zachary (2.5): Scarecrow
( testing out costume: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...462547536721_1624447923_1136934_5579868_n.jpg )

Tyler (8 months): Lion

Mom (28): Glinda

NOW DAD....
Oz no, Something cool no.

DAD (34): Tin Man?

come one little girl. LOL

At least he didn't make you a Lollipop-boy or the Mayor of Muchkin Land. :lol:

D23

Original Poster
Yeah a munchkin wouldn't be good. LOL.

Uncle you do buy a ticket, BUT to maximize your time. Don't spend the whole day there and waste a ticket entrance.

Spend the day at the resort, or downtown Disney, maybe Animal Kingdom (always a easy early night)

Then go to MK use your MNSSHP ticket and get into the kingdom. They let ppl in to the event I think like 4pm or so starting and by 7pm anyone w/o a hard ticket is out.

Buried20KLeague

So you have to buy a separate event ticket to attend? Would make for an expensive time just to be in the park the entire day.

A lot of people going to the party don't use park tickets that day, and just wait for the event ticket to become valid, at 4PM. You don't get the first half of the day in the park, but the trade off is the park is less crowded during the party, plus the different parade (which we love) and the fireworks (which are alright).

Basically, you can do as much in the park during the hours of the party (because of the lack of crowds) as you'd do in a normal day with regular crowds.

As you get closer to Halloween though, the crowds increase.

JillC LI

Check out my profile for our family-themed Hitch-hiking Ghost costumes from last year! We had a blast. Dressing up was part of the fun :)

FLDISFAN

A lot of people going to the party don't use park tickets that day, and just wait for the event ticket to become valid, at 4PM. You don't get the first half of the day in the park, but the trade off is the park is less crowded during the party, plus the different parade (which we love) and the fireworks (which are alright).

Basically, you can do as much in the park during the hours of the party (because of the lack of crowds) as you'd do in a normal day with regular crowds.

As you get closer to Halloween though, the crowds increase.

Is this confirmed?

We are coming up on the 7th only for the party and I would LOVE to maximize the abitlity to rides. If we could get in at 4 that would be awsome and allow for more rides.

Also, are we allowed to bring our own trick or treat bags in?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is this confirmed?

We are coming up on the 7th only for the party and I would LOVE to maximize the abitlity to rides. If we could get in at 4 that would be awsome and allow for more rides.

I have done it several time myself.

wdwfan22

I think the closer it gets to Halloween the more people dress up. We were there this Tuesday & Saturday night and there were not very many Adults dressed in costume.

mrsmtc

Sept 14, 2010 MNSSHP

We were there for the Sept 14th, 2010 party and had a great time! We meaning two adults, hubby and me. They did let people in starting around 4pm and at 7pm they did start checking for the party wristband. I would say at least half the people there were in costume, kids and adults, all sorts of costumes.

There was plenty of trick or treat candy, including chocolate. Carlotta out in front of the Haunted Mansion was so funny! The parades and Hallowishes were great! We enjoyed them much more than the regular Wishes fireworks. Get to the parade route early if you want to see the Headless Horseman ride, he rides about 10 minutes before the parade starts.

We did wait a bit (15-20min's) to have our picture taken with the Seven Dwarfs....also unique pictures with Cinderella's Carriage and Haunted Mansion (and Disney magic adds a ghost driver!).

Make sure to note the Disney details...check out the second floor windows on Main St. Wished it could have lasted longer! That's what happens when you're having a great time!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We were there for the Sept 14th, 2010 party and had a great time! We meaning two adults, hubby and me. They did let people in starting around 4pm and at 7pm they did start checking for the party wristband. I would say at least half the people there were in costume, kids and adults, all sorts of costumes.

There was plenty of trick or treat candy, including chocolate. Carlotta out in front of the Haunted Mansion was so funny! The parades and Hallowishes were great! We enjoyed them much more than the regular Wishes fireworks. Get to the parade route early if you want to see the Headless Horseman ride, he rides about 10 minutes before the parade starts.

We did wait a bit (15-20min's) to have our picture taken with the Seven Dwarfs....also unique pictures with Cinderella's Carriage and Haunted Mansion (and Disney magic adds a ghost driver!).

Make sure to note the Disney details...check out the second floor windows on Main St. Wished it could have lasted longer! That's what happens when you're having a great time!
I know it is nit picking but would you be so kind as to go into a little more detail on the candy? Last year the stuff was pretty generic no name candy where in years prior it had been top shelf name brand stuff.

mrsmtc

I know it is nit picking but would you be so kind as to go into a little more detail on the candy? Last year the stuff was pretty generic no name candy where in years prior it had been top shelf name brand stuff.

There was a mix of candy....SloPoke, Mary Jane, Tootie Roll Pops, Dum Dums, Snickers, York Peppermint Patties, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Now and Laters, Necco Wafers, Bit O Honey, Raisins (no wonder he didn't have a line) Jolly Ranchers, Twizzlers and lots and lots of Smarties and generic lollipops.

JustInTime

Is this confirmed?

I was on the phone with Disney the other day. In years past she said they had allowed people to enter MK at 4 for MVMCP but they were not going to allow it this year. I am assuming the same for MNSSHP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom