Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party !

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This is the first time EVER I am going to be at Disney for Halloween. Can anyone give me some idea of what to expect at the party??
Do adults "really" dress up too?? Or am I gonna look like a stupid fool dressing up?
And do adults dress up during the day too before the after hours party? Or just to the party? And do they dress up at the other parks too??
I know its a personal preference...but I LOVE halloween....and I just want to not look like a complete moron dressing up all day!

Also, tell me what is the best to do during the after hours party...what should we NOT miss?:confused:

questions, questions, questions...

Dopey Dave

You only dress up for the party. All the rides are open and lines weren't long. The hand out a brochure when you go in with a time schedule for all the happenings. There is a parade that starts with the Headless Horseman. Starts out over by the barber shop and goes around the square and down main street. If you are a pin collector, you need to get the Official Pin that's only available during the party. There are candy stops all over. Also, you need to get your picture taken!.... It was too much fun.

You really need to be in costume.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So people are not generally in costume throughout the day on Halloween Day?? I thought they might be....but good to know so I dont look hidiously ridiculous all day long! :king:

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Well it was easy for me to walk around aimlessly in the Mouse's House in the costume because a lot of people I know were working the nights of the Party (I went as my Alter Ego, Indiana Jones.....its a 6 year story so Im not getting into it).

Anyways, Its a lot easier to come in costume (Saying youll be there before the party starts) because it beats having to leave the park, go to your hotel or whatever, switch out then come back.

Basically, its a lot easier to do the rides first, then wait and do the candy during one of the parade runs and during the last hour of the party (most kids are dead to the world, no pun) so the lines will be shorter.

Best place to sit for the parade is right at the hub as its coming down MSUSA (Youll be looking at the Train Station). Because it comes right at you, perfect for getting pictures. IT WILL ALWAYS START ON MAINSTREET FOR BOTH RUNS.

Headless horseman, dont bother with pictures. Its too dark and he's too fast to get a good shot.

If it's a ride, chances are, its open, only one I havent seen was the Tiki Room. Time Keeper wont be running because they use the room for the pictures.

About those free pictures, they arent worth the time it takes to do it, although its fast, its just not worth it.

You'll need a wristband to stay in the park. Normally around 4pm is when they begin to pass them out. Youll see a sign by the walkway leading to TomorrowLand from the hub that says "Party Wristbands Here" show them your ticket, they'll punch it, get your wristband and have fun. About 6 pm is when you'll have to, no questions, go to Tomorrowland, its where they keep everyone while they transform the park. Yes, the rides will be open.

As they say Look alive and have a frightfully good time.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thank U so very much for the wonderful insite!!! I will defiently take your advise!! What the heck, we will dress up the whole day....do the costumes get in the way on the rides???
We are going to be hula girls...my daugher 14 and myself....LOL:lol: Most likely freezing hula girls...but nevertheless...hula girls...i.e Lilo.

So about how many people go to the party?? Stay behind... for the party?? Geez..they shove everyone in a little area....that will be rough.:veryconfu

Dopey Dave

I disagree about the pictures. They take them all night long, so don't rush and stand in line. My coworkers are still laughing about my DW and I in our costumes. No, they aren't high quality; nothing you would want to frame and put over the mantle. Just my opinion.

Disneyfalcon

The pictures are cute. Don't do it at the beginning of the night the lines are huge. Wait til the end of the night when there is no line. We had four copies waiting for us when we got back from our trip.
Also, if your daughter is interested, get her their face painted. Again, later in the night there's no lines. They're free at MNSSHP and up to $15 normally.

Oh - by the way - that's Stich and I at MNSSHP on Oct 5th!

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
It might seem like such a small area but you've got to remember, being in that area gives you ample time to hit Space Mountain and Buzz, get your candy for that area, and then you dont have to worry about going back to TomorrowLand....unless you need a break, then jump on the TTA or head over to CoP....

I have yet to see anything really get in the way (Except for things like cloaks, ect), those you'll have to watch out for, make sure that everything is inside the car.

The only thing I really worried about was my fedora. One because Indiana never looses his hat (I swear if anyone says anything about him losing it during the "Belly of that Steel Beast" scene in Last Crusade, so help you). And two...well at 400 bucks, I dont think you'd want to loose it either.

For Characters, best bet is around 6:50 (They release us around 7ish), head over to Toon Town, Mickey and the gang are over there and trust me, it can get a little crazy over there once everyone is going around.

Just to list a few characters who are dressed up:
Mickey: Scarecrow (He seems to travel with Donald)

Donald: Pumpkin

Goofy: Goofy Limberg (Charles Limberg)

Minnie: Masqurade (Sp?)

Pluto: Pluto...I never saw him dressed up in the three times I went.

Tigger: Skeleton

Eeyore: Mummy

Piglett: Flower

Pooh Bear: Hunny Bee
------
Others you'll see are:
Stitch, Lilo, Chip/Dale, Timon, Aladdin & Jasmine & Genie (Those three travel together), Terk, Snow White, the seven dwarfs, Golioth (Gargoyles animated show), Cindy, Mickey and Minnie as pirates (Find them over on Main Street by the Exposition Hall), many of the villians.

Obivously there are many more, but these are the ones that I've encountered on my three times at the party.

If anyone else wants anymore Info or if you want to see pictures of the parades/characters, PM me or E-mail me, or grab me on AIM/AOL at X2CommNavISTC

And, I'm out.

DisneyDefenders

Need Tickets!!!

If any of you have 2 extra tickets or know someone who does, PLEASE e-mail me at Kuzco2000@aol.com. I've been DESPERATELY trying to get tickets for over a month now, but have had no luck! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Erika

We went last year and had such a good time. We'd been at a different park during the day, then went to the hotel where I (and only I) got into costume. It did get in the way somewhat on every ride, but being a dress with a full skirt, I expected that. Just don't wear anything you're afraid to get dirty.

DisneyDefenders

Yeah mkymaus...I think you were the EVIL villain who out-bid me and I couldn't bid any higher b/c I'm a resident of FL.

May the curse of Cortez's gold befall you!!!

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sorry, Capt Jack....on ebay you bid to win...I am sorry you were outbid...but a curse is now way to make things better....:mad:
If it makes you feel better, I didnt win that auction either...

stitchrulles

during past visitswe've seen alot of adults dress up as well as kids, though not all. our group of adults is dressing up this year, so hope you do too! It's a great party

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by stitchrulles
during past visitswe've seen alot of adults dress up as well as kids, though not all. our group of adults is dressing up this year, so hope you do too! It's a great party

We plan on it! :animwink:

Look for two Lilo's.....LOL

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: The Curse!

Originally posted by CaptJackSparrow
Say what you will mate...but the curse be upon you!

Be that way.....but its obvious the curse is upon YOU....who is going and who isnt?? LOL :lol:

Even after I attempted to help you win auctions....gave you two alternatives for single tickets....YOU still act like the back end of pluto. That is fine....I will giggle my butt off on Halloween knowing I took YOUR tickets as you put it......obviously, you really dont know how auctions work....its a dog eat dog world man, when it comes to auctions....DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON!

You really belived that mumbo jumbo....well, hope it made you feel powerful....in your lame attempt to be funny....YOU LOSE!

:fork: :goodnevil

DisneyFan 2000

Re: Re: The Curse!

Originally posted by mkymaus
Be that way.....but its obvious the curse is upon YOU....who is going and who isnt?? LOL :lol:

Even after I attempted to help you win auctions....gave you two alternatives for single tickets....YOU still act like the back end of pluto. That is fine....I will giggle my butt off on Halloween knowing I took YOUR tickets as you put it......obviously, you really dont know how auctions work....its a dog eat dog world man, when it comes to auctions....DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON!

You really belived that mumbo jumbo....well, hope it made you feel powerful....in your lame attempt to be funny....YOU LOSE!

:fork: :goodnevil

Hey man, I think he was joking!

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Re: The Curse!

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Hey man, I think he was joking!

Um, no he wasnt...you didnt get his evil emails from ebay...I DID! He is serious....I remember him and its simply NOT NICE. You really dont know how peoples feelings are regarding things like this..some people are VERY supersitious and to say something as selfish like that...well, its uncalled for.

Perhaps he should of kept it to himself or PM'd me...instead he choose to go public with it.

Please, he wasnt joking. He meant it and his emails were also uncalled for.

Thank you....for your concern though...I am sure he appreciates it.

PS...read his original post...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom