Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party...

JShkNBak

Original Poster
Hi All,

We are traveling down to Disney World in Oct. with our new fifth wheel and we are doin it right! Ive spend the past 3 weeks looking for just the right decorations to decorate our campsite with...haha...and now im searching for Halloween costumes...I think.
I totally thought I read that everyone dresses up in Halloween costumes for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween party...but now im reading they dont?? We are going in the middle of October and are 30 years old...we are total Disney dorks, but we dont want to be "Those Dorky People" and be the only ones in costumes....
We have been to the Christmas party a few times and have worn our Mickey Santa Hats and shirts...

Thanks for helpin us not look more dorky than we are!

Gyill

Shadowdawn

I haven't been to the Party yet but from what I've gathered it seems that it's totally up to you on whether you wear one or not.

Me and the Bf are going next Sept. and if we get to go to the Party then we are definetly going in costume. We'll both be 25.

jjgoo

We were there last year and will be there again this year. We are both in our early 30's and dressed up last year and plan on doing it again this year.

We actually saw more people dressed up for the party than not. A lot of people like us did not have that elaborate of costumes (we decorated t-shirts) but there we also quite a few that really got into the dressing up.

Since you will be driving down you can probably go all out. We had to consider packing our costumes which is why we kept it as simple as possible.

This year we are thinking of going as Dalmations.

Have fun!

jjgoo

i am going the 21st of Sept and I am only wearing a Hawaiian Shirt. The girls with us are going to wear 80's gear.

I hope you are going to wear some sort of Hawaiian pants too!:ROFLOL: :wave:

And hey we'll be there on the 21st too! We're planning on dalmation outfits.

kybred72

Oh heck yea, we're going to the party and dressing up! :p Me and hubby who are in our 30s! What a perfect place to dress up and feel like a kid again! Besides I have feeling that those who shell out an extra $40something per ticket ARE Disney fanatics too! :D

Mystic

My best friend and I are hitting the party for the first time on Oct 16 and we're both dressing up as our favourite Princess and I just turned 30.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am the type that likes to dress up for Halloween and due to leaving a rather critical and irreplaceable piece of my costume at home I was unable to dress up the first time I did MNSSHP and I felt kind of out of place as a good chunk of the adult guests were in costume. I would wear a costume, trick or treat and and have fun. I can promise you that you will regret not dressing up.

raven

A person in my party last year felt a little weird dressing up and waiting in the bus line at Pop to get to MK for the party. When we got to MK and saw a man dressed in a bananna costume he knew he had nothing to worry about. :lol:

There were TONS of adults dressed up. Makes it more fun that way. :sohappy:

JShkNBak

Original Poster
Wahoo....great to hear we can wear costumes...thanks everyone for your replies! I just ordered our costumes...Dog and Beth!!!! Wahoo!
(ok just kidding....hopefully unless that is the best thing I can find...)

CrashNet

Oh now thats half the fun. :) I spent an inordinate amount of time on my costume (I was one of the hitchhiking ghosts). It was a blast!

Dizknee_Phreek

I just ordered our costumes...Dog and Beth!!!! Wahoo!

LMAO!!!! :ROFLOL: OMG! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! I LOVE Dog! He was about 40 min. away from me last night...doing a talk or something. I wanted SO badly to go, but tickets were kinda high. But I think it would've been fun.

Leighbert

DD (age 7) and I (er, somewhat older than age 7) can barely wait to show up at MNSSHP in costume. She wants to go as a police officer and have me be the convict. I'm trying to change her mind and convince her that pirates are so much cooler...

elabron

The wife and I and 3 kids are going as the Incredibles.

I will be the Mr. Incredible post retirement....you know, fat and out of shape.:brick:

Tigggrl

W went last year to the Halloween Party at DCA. ALL of us 6 adults and 2 kids dressed up, and had an amazing time. I need to get crackin on my costume for this year....and of course make some improvements on the Jack Costume I made for Mitch. He wants a coat this year.....LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom