Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party...

Tigggrl

We went to the Disneyland Halloween treat party at DCA last year. All of us dressed up! ^ adults and 2 kids! I have to get working on my costume for this year, and of course make improvements on the Jack Sparrow one from last year. I think I am making 2 pirate coats....LOL!

CaptainMitch.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
W went last year to the Halloween Party at DCA. ALL of us 6 adults and 2 kids dressed up, and had an amazing time. I need to get crackin on my costume for this year....and of course make some improvements on the Jack Costume I made for Mitch. He wants a coat this year.....LOL!
Depending on how much you want to put into his Captain Jack costume here are a few links that might help you.

This is the company that made the boots for all 3 of the PotC films.
caboots

This pattern is nearly 100% accurate to the costume used in the movies
Simplicity Pattern

An incredibly good reproduction of Captain Jacks hat.
Captain Jack Hat

A number of details such as rings, flint lock, compass, sword etc.
Strongblade

If you or you husband are the handy type this article will help you greatly in making Captain Jack's compass
Compass blueprints

rob45

The wife and I dressed up as prisioners. We got our costumes at wally world for a few dollars. The costumes were very comfortable.

dragonfox98

Hey, there! Congrats on your trip - looks like we might be there about the same time. :)

Hubby and I are early 30s and we were going to dress up with our children.....however, having recently learned I'm pregnant and I don't want to frighten little kids - I don't think dressing as Tinkerbell (my already purchased costume) is a good idea! LOL :ROFLOL:

So, our children (DD7.5 & DS6) will be Peter Pan and Wendy and we will walk behind them in some sort of get-up. What, I have no clue, but I will be in the spirit of things - pregnant or not!

Hey - maybe I can just wear my wings and a really tacky green shirt? LOL

Tigggrl

Thats The pattern I have, and I need to make another shirt and vest, in different colors, and two coats. I also have the pattern for the gold dress from pirates 1, but I dont have time for it just now. Thanks for the links!

Tigggrl

Hey, there! Congrats on your trip - looks like we might be there about the same time. :)

Hubby and I are early 30s and we were going to dress up with our children.....however, having recently learned I'm pregnant and I don't want to frighten little kids - I don't think dressing as Tinkerbell (my already purchased costume) is a good idea! LOL :ROFLOL:

So, our children (DD7.5 & DS6) will be Peter Pan and Wendy and we will walk behind them in some sort of get-up. What, I have no clue, but I will be in the spirit of things - pregnant or not!

Hey - maybe I can just wear my wings and a really tacky green shirt? LOL
I have a green long garden fairy dress I made last year....would work with the wings and you can still dress up.....;)

scorp111

We will be at MNSSHP on the 28th of September as Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Captain Hook, and Wendy......

I would say 40-50% of the adults had some sort of costume last year

EpcotGrl

My best friend and I are hitting the party for the first time on Oct 16 and we're both dressing up as our favourite Princess and I just turned 30.

I'll be there the 16th, too! :wave: I'll be Alice, and my friends have yet to decide their costumes... I'm a year from 30, and intend to dress up 'til I'm dead! :sohappy:

JJHale

Family went in 2003. All three of us dressed in full RenFest outfits, we had a blast. Here is a picture of us.

Us at MNSSHP

And - DW and I are going back this year, We;ll be there on the 21st too. Haven't decided on dressing yet.

Thessair

I'll be there that night along with the family and a few other forum members. We will have to arrange to bump into each other that night.

I wonder how many of us attending the EPCOT event will be at this MNSSHP. :D

When I went last year I saw mostly children in costume. I would say about 90-10% ratio children to adults.

Usually when I've been I've seen a much higher ratio of adults in costume. I suppose it all depends on when you go though. Most of the parties I've attended in years past have been closer to Halloween which, I imagine, makes it easier to justify dressing up for some adults. It's too bad about the face covering restrictions these days. You used to see a lot of 501st members out in full gear. That always went over big with the kids.

Mystic

I'll be there the 16th, too! :wave: I'll be Alice, and my friends have yet to decide their costumes... I'm a year from 30, and intend to dress up 'til I'm dead! :sohappy:
We're have dinner ressies at the LTT at 5:35pm before the party. This is the first time either of us have attended MNSSHP. I've been to MVMCP once last year. We're looking forward to it. Maybe we'll see you there!:D

MissM

I went Halloween Night 205. Had a blast!!

Here's the pics: http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html
('course, Love hates these photos since he lost 65lbs since then, but still.... oh and no one knew what his costume was supposed to be which was a real bummer.)

Definitely dress up. Run around, trick-or-treat and have a good time. It's so much fun to get into the spirit of it. :D
-m

Disney MDACK

We will be there Oct. 11 with a couple of friends. This will be our fourth MNSSHP. We can't wait. Having dinner at the Royal Table before the party starts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom