News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

JoeCamel

Here is a look at some of the Magic Kingdom Halloween decorations. Looks like we are back to 2019 levels.

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party_Full_48176.jpg
What are the pumpkins on the left doing and what is the top right one looking at?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
can't imagine spending such an exorbitant amount of money only to have one of the main attractions canceled.
Happened to me last year at the Christmas event. They offered me either another night free to go or my money back and this was the following day not even the night of so when it comes to this they usually are pretty flexible when it comes to doing the right thing when weather is involved

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

AEfx

It's been a number of years since I have seen the Halloween parade - is it me, or was it a bit...sparse? I watched the excellent video provided here (as usual, WDWMagic has the best videos and usually they are up before anyone else - I don't get why they don't get more views??!!) - and it felt like the parade itself was slowed down like they were trying to stretch it out to be longer than it was. I just seem to remember the parade being...more.

Animaniac93-98

It's been a number of years since I have seen the Halloween parade - is it me, or was it a bit...sparse? I watched the excellent video provided here (as usual, WDWMagic has the best videos and usually they are up before anyone else - I don't get why they don't get more views??!!) - and it felt like the parade itself was slowed down like they were trying to stretch it out to be longer than it was. I just seem to remember the parade being...more.

I think they didn't do Headless Horseman because of the rain, but other than the long gone Winnie the Pooh unit, I don't think it's substantially shorter than in years past. They actually added Buzz/Incredibles in 2019 (2018?).

They have swapped characters and performers through the years, eg Goofy Candy Co and the CMs pushing bins and handing out candy are now the Sugar Rush dancers. The Buzz float used to be in the Pirates section.

EDIT: found a video from 2007. Tick Tok was in the Peter Pan unit. They used some of the Spectromen and their round floats but put pumpkin masks on their heads. Other than that? Largely the same.

I think it felt more substantial back then and until 2014 because MK's afternoon parade at the time was so watered down and tired.

Last edited:

mm52200

Identical in size as it was in 2019. Two minor floats missing opening night due to rain, but the cast size is exactly the same as years prior.

Disney Analyst

Obviously the rain impacted the event, but here's Ordinary Adventures experience, their first time attending:

(spoiler, they prefer Oogie Boogie Bash).

DisneyDreamer08

I’m not super familiar with the parade, I’ve only seen it once in person and it was years ago, but from watching this years video, there seems to be a good amount of dancers. I loved it!

G00fyDad

Come on everybody! Spread the word about how awful the Halloween party is! If you have anybody ask you about Disney tell them whatever they do they should stay away from the Halloween party. Tell them to stay away from it because it is the worst thing to ever be put out by Disney. Especially October 18th. Tell them to stay away from that date because it is by far the worst of all of the Halloween party dates. Let's see if we can get this done people!

Disney Analyst

In what universe would Oogie boogie bash be the popular choice over MNSSHP

I mean, since they have now experienced both I would say they are certainly entitled to their opinion.

They loved the Fireworks show and the parade, but prefer the treat trails with characters mixed in at Oogie Boogie, and said you get WAY more candy at each trail trail, versus at MNSSHP.

I also assume the rain really dampened the experience for them... (no pun intended).

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Current sold out dates -

Aug. 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
Sept. 2, 5, 20
Oct. 30, 31
We finally bought Oct 30 tickets a few days ago to be safe but really didn’t think it’d sell out before Sept.

I’m hoping this means attendance caps have been reduced from previous years. The parties were crazy crammed in 2019.

maleficentfan

According to the Halloween ticket availability calendar, August 30th and October 30th has sold out. The next date available is September 9th.

Current sold out dates -

Aug. 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
Sept. 2, 5, 20
Oct. 30, 31
Well shoot. I'm going August 30th. Here's hoping @Vacationeer is right in their hope that attendance caps have been reduced. 🤞

We finally bought Oct 30 tickets a few days ago to be safe but really didn’t think it’d sell out before Sept.

I’m hoping this means attendance caps have been reduced from previous years. The parties were crazy crammed in 2019.
I went in 2019 for the first time and it’s spooked me from ever wanting to do another party. If it was actually a limited attendance thing, I’d be interested but nowhere have I seen that advertised. We have a trip coming up and I want to go but until I’m sure it’s not 2019 again…no way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom