News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

RememberWhen

We went on the 16th, and I was vividly reminded why we don’t go to these parties anymore. We saw the first stage show and the parade from pretty near the castle and watched the fireworks from about halfway down Main Street. We were able to hit 3-4 candy lines, including the one along the side. The kids were pretty disappointed in the amount of candy and the length of the candy lines. 10 minutes is a hard sell when they would rather ride dumbo with no wait. And the 5yo was really sad not to be able to meet the characters. The lines were very long. When the kids are older (currently 1, 5 and 10) we could try again. The 5yo fell asleep during fireworks and the 10yo was ready to go right after. I’m really glad it wasn’t an after hours as those start so much later. All in all, I’m glad we went, but we won’t be doing it again for awhile. At least not with the kids in tow.

Figments Friend

Quick question for those who have attended one of the Party nights thus far this year -

Are they still running cartoon features inside of the 'Mickey's Philharmagic' show building?
Always rather enjoyed that treat stop where one could get off their feet for a time in the cool air and watch some classic Disney shorts.

-

dreday3

Hey Halloween fans- just thought I'd put this here as it's Halloween stuff.

I'm a big fan of old cartoons, especially haunt ones. This is new on Shop Disney. It's pretty cool. Bought one for our place, will keep it up all year!

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
For those of you going to Disney between now and Halloween, it seems going to MK on party days is the way to go. The wait times are amazing right now!
I been looking at the same thing and wish it was an easy switch for me but w DAS it creates an issue w the prebookings and changing days but dam you are soooo right

RememberWhen

I been looking at the same thing and wish it was an easy switch for me but w DAS it creates an issue w the prebookings and changing days but dam you are soooo right
You can change your prebooked das choices as long as you’re 2+ days out. We did MK on two party days and the waits were wonderfully low. They were definitely our best days of the trip.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You can change your prebooked das choices as long as you’re 2+ days out. We did MK on two party days and the waits were wonderfully low. They were definitely our best days of the trip.
Oh yes thank you. I do know that but probably will not get the rides we have (not huge deal tbh) dining probably biggest issue. Still debating switching next Tues/Wed Epcot and MK. I was told on the phone i can do this in person hopefully that into was correct and will decide when im down there if i wanna pull the trigger.

Gillyanne

I didn't see any pictures of the print, or comments on the bag, so I thought I'd share.

Here's the print, they were handing them out as we exited, the distribution of them I do like better than when it was the sorcerer's cards. Those you had to remember to go back up to the fire station during the party to get. It looks like it's supposed to have glow in the dark aspects on it (I can see paint around the moon, ghosts, the lamp post) but I can't seem to get [this one] to glow, even after putting a UV light on it (which will make my GID glasses glow with just a flash even w/ the lights on)
1661351629826.png

and I like the quality of the main bags (handed out at the entrance) this year. All the other years (at least for us) they've just been cheap plastic ones. These are made more like reusable ones, with the interfacing/webbed material inside, and they're pretty sturdy even more so than the shopping bags they have now. They did still have the regular plastic bags at treat stations, I remember an ad for Hocus Pocus 2 on it, forget what the other side was.

1661351970143.png
1661351987341.png
1661352014919.png

the_rich

I didn't see any pictures of the print, or comments on the bag, so I thought I'd share.

Here's the print, they were handing them out as we exited, the distribution of them I do like better than when it was the sorcerer's cards. Those you had to remember to go back up to the fire station during the party to get. It looks like it's supposed to have glow in the dark aspects on it (I can see paint around the moon, ghosts, the lamp post) but I can't seem to get [this one] to glow, even after putting a UV light on it (which will make my GID glasses glow with just a flash even w/ the lights on)
View attachment 662302

and I like the quality of the main bags (handed out at the entrance) this year. All the other years (at least for us) they've just been cheap plastic ones. These are made more like reusable ones, with the interfacing/webbed material inside, and they're pretty sturdy even more so than the shopping bags they have now. They did still have the regular plastic bags at treat stations, I remember an ad for Hocus Pocus 2 on it, forget what the other side was.

View attachment 662303View attachment 662304View attachment 662305
They were giving out the prints at the exit yesterday after the fireworks

Figments Friend

Agree that the giveaway treat bags are a nice item.
I especially appreciate the fact they have the 50th logo, and are made to a better quality then the simple plastic bags.
Hoping to be able to get a couple when i visit in a couple of weeks.

The graphic art for the print is nice as well.
The imagery ties into the 'storyline' of the Halloween fireworks presentation.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom