Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Questions

Flippin'Flounder

So, me and some friends are planning to go to MNSSHP in October and have some questions

1. Is there any difference between going in October vs September (Candy, Decorations, etc.)

2. Does it make sense to go to Universal in the morning and then go to the party (This will be a one day trip)

3. Are FP+ available during the party?

4. What time should we get to the party?

5. Costume recommendations! (13 year old boys)

Thanks;)

ToTBellHop

So, me and some friends are planning to go to MNSSHP in October and have some questions

1. Is there any difference between going in October vs September (Candy, Decorations, etc.)

2. Does it make sense to go to Universal in the morning and then go to the party (This will be a one day trip)

Thanks;)
1. Crowds and weather. Nothing else. Unlike the Christmas party where there is no Christmas tree in ?November!
2. Yes
3. No
4. 4 pm is when you can gain entry with your ticket.
5. Whatever characters they like, but keep in mind, it will be warm if not hot.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Make sure you are prepared for when the sun sets, though. We were fine in shorts and t-shirts for the day the last weekend in September, but it did get cool to stand so long outside during the parade and especially the fireworks. We walked over to Cosmic Ray's and got our daughter a nice, hot cup of soup after the fireworks. If the costumes aren't warm, at least have a jacket or sweatshirt with you just in case.

Upvote 0

Mukta

1. No
2. Yes (except that I love Universal and always want more than a day there)
3. Nope
4. You can get in at 4 pm, but party stuff doesn't start until 7 pm. You can use that time to eat a quick dinner, and get in line for the 7 dwarves if you are so inclined.
5. I find the weather to be unbearably hot, so I like very simple costumes. I usually wear regular clothes and a head piece. Cat ears, mouse ears, devil horns etc. I am not in the mood for anything heavy or make up.

Upvote 0

Chernaboggles

This wasn't one of your questions but I'm going to say it anyway: BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY.

This is especially true if you are going to be there near actual Halloween (late October), get your Halloween party tickets ASAP. Last year a lot of people came on here in the fall desperate for ideas on how to get tickets on or near Halloween because they sold out so early. The 31st is on a Saturday this year, which will probably make things worse, so once you have your trip dates locked in, buy your party tickets right away.

Upvote 0

thomas998

I will only really disagree with one of the answers people have been giving you... about going to Universal in the morning... I wouldn't recommend it. A ticket is going to cost 100 for one park or if you want to be able to do both at Universal it will be closer to 150... that's a lot of money when you aren't even going to be there for a full day. Remember the Halloween party will start letting you in at a 4:00pm... So if you wanted maximum time in Disney you would need to start leaving Universal at 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon in order to get to Disney's gate at 4:00... Is Universal worth that much money?

If you want something to do for part of the day I would say skip the amusement parks and do a water park for the morning... Typhoon lagoon would cost about $60 a ticket and would make more sense if you aren't planning on stay all day.

Lastly, the weather can change dramatically from day to night in the fall... One trip we almost died from heat because we wore too hot of costumes... The next time we made sure our costumes were very light and cool and then were downright cold at the end of the night.... So I strongly suggest you wear a very light costume but also take some jackets and if you don't want to carry them around just rent a locker and stash them for the evening.

Oh... and the best viewing is Frontierland facing the water... And verify the number of parades they are having that night... I expect they will do it twice and if so the last one is always less crowded... if you plan on doing the last parade then take advantage of the fact that lots of people will be watching the first one and hit some of the things that are going to be less crowded then, like mine trains if you plan on doing it... Don't expect it to be a walk on, it wont be and last fall when we were there during one of the parties it still have a line that was more than an hour near the end of the party.... If you want to ride it you'll be doing some time in a line.

Upvote 0

tem325

Thanks;)

I just want to say that I went on Sept 26 and the weather cancelled the parade and horseman. I was so sad. Turns out it happened the night before too. I don't know if I'll spring for the tickets for it again due to the chance that the weather can be so bad during this time of year. The plus was we got to ride Space Mountain about 4 times back to back!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Thanks;)

For #2, I personally wouldn't go in the morning to Universal. We did an all day at MK and then attended the party and we were exhausted and didn't take full advantage of the party. Next time for ourselves, and what I recommend to friends, family and clients, is that spend the day at the pool and enjoy some resort activities in the morning and early afternoon and then get there are 4 and party until it closes! :) Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerkelle

We went mid October and the rides were pretty much walk on (no need for FP+) except HM which had a bit of a queue but everyone wants to ride it at halloween, right?! (Actually, anytime as it's awesome.) The queues for characters were quite long, especially rare ones like 7 Dwarves and Jack Skellington-2 hours+. Loads of candy stalls out, CMs were especially generous with it as it got close to the end. The only time it rained the 10 days we were there was 5 minutes into the villain show so it stopped for safety reasons but it was a very quick (10 mins) and light shower which didn't affect any other activities. The parade was fab as were the fireworks. The costumes were amazing-other people's, I mean. My boys were Mario and Luigi but there was so much variety. I loved the couple who were Russell and Kevin the bird from Up and the family who were Jack and Sally and the baby was Zero the dog. An extended family of 7 were Alice in Wonderland characters and the ladies who were Haunted Mansion ghosts were brilliant. We're not going to the party this trip but I'm very tempted to people watch outside the MK one party night to see all the fab costumes. Enjoy!!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I agree with the posters who say do NOT go to Universal that day. Sleep in, relax, and get to the park at 4pm even though the party officially starts at 7pm. If you make that your one Uni day, you will (a) be exhausted from getting to Uni early and running around all day; and (b) either have to leave Uni very early or miss maximizing your ticket time at the MK.

As for costume ideas, check out the photos in my profile - we were a family of Hitchhiking ghosts. It was fun to do a family theme.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom